IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

sad day for me. (6spd manual problems)

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-07, 03:51 PM
DEMIK
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default sad day for me. (6spd manual problems)

today was the day i turned my is250 6speed in to crown lexus becouse i couldnt take the 4th gear grinding after 4800 rpm. this problem started at about 1k miles and has gotten worse. this is the 3rd time it will be at the dealership for this problem. but the rest of my visits only lasted a day and they just adjusted something and changed the fluid. my service advisor said it will probably take a while. . i never leave my cars sight so i will be sad.,as doug says they gonna f#$@ up my car but i had no choice hahahah i even raised my car super high and took of most of my parts but still sucks to see it in the hands of the dealer.....o well got a 07 es350 as a loaner heheh .. clear door cover light lens time? right javier???

has any other 6spd owner had this problem?

cris
Old 03-20-07, 03:57 PM
isam250
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 11 Posts

nopeeee not minesss ill let me holla at that clean lens chris or the clips
Old 03-20-07, 04:06 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by demik
today was the day i turned my is250 6speed in to crown lexus becouse i couldnt take the 4th gear grinding after 4800 rpm. this problem started at about 1k miles and has gotten worse. this is the 3rd time it will be at the dealership for this problem. but the rest of my visits only lasted a day and they just adjusted something and changed the fluid. my service advisor said it will probably take a while. . i never leave my cars sight so i will be sad.,as doug says they gonna f#$@ up my car but i had no choice hahahah i even raised my car super high and took of most of my parts but still sucks to see it in the hands of the dealer.....o well got a 07 es350 as a loaner heheh .. clear door cover light lens time? right javier???

has any other 6spd owner had this problem?

cris
sorry to hear that cris....

mine is 4XX miles now....i dont have the problems u stated (touch wood) but i do noticed that the gear box does have the clicking noice when i shift from 1st to 2nd....

you should talk to the service mgr about this issue you might qualify for a dealer buy-back (lemon?)

but hey, you got a ES350 loaner.....mind as well make good use of it......plan some road trips for the weekend!
Old 03-20-07, 04:10 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Too bad. I hope they get to fix it right this time.

By the way, nice avatar...
Old 03-20-07, 04:16 PM
johnnyboy
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nah.. never had that problem
Old 03-21-07, 02:20 AM
isam250
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 11 Posts

only problem i have is a noise from 1st to 2nd if i shift fastt. there is a TBS on it
Old 03-21-07, 10:24 AM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Originally Posted by IS2506spd
only problem i have is a noise from 1st to 2nd if i shift fastt. there is a TBS on it
do you have the TSB to share? any more details?

cos i am very concerned about the noise......

thanks!

Last edited by kickin8; 03-21-07 at 10:35 AM.
Old 03-23-07, 12:55 PM
contourrob
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I've Had this problem

Starting about the same time (~1k miles) I noticed that I was grinding going into 4th gear above about 3500 rpm. I took it to the dealer (lexus of north hills in wexford, PA) and they took it for a test ride. After acknowledging that I had an issue they told me they would get back with me. About a week later Lexus told me that they wanted to replace the trans. and they did it in a few hours a couple days later. I guess Lexus wanted to take my transmission for testing and decided to drop a brand new one in. This is a problem and you should fight for a new trans. (it's probably just a worn synchro, so you can most likely just have them replace that, but I got a new trans out of them for free).

Just thought u might like to know there are others out there feeling your pain!
Old 03-23-07, 01:31 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Originally Posted by contourrob
Starting about the same time (~1k miles) I noticed that I was grinding going into 4th gear above about 3500 rpm. I took it to the dealer (lexus of north hills in wexford, PA) and they took it for a test ride. After acknowledging that I had an issue they told me they would get back with me. About a week later Lexus told me that they wanted to replace the trans. and they did it in a few hours a couple days later. I guess Lexus wanted to take my transmission for testing and decided to drop a brand new one in. This is a problem and you should fight for a new trans. (it's probably just a worn synchro, so you can most likely just have them replace that, but I got a new trans out of them for free).

yikes.......do all the trannies in our cars got problems?

any words from the dealer yet, demik?
Old 03-23-07, 01:38 PM
DEMIK
Lexus Test Driver

thanks contourrob... good to no u went though it.
this is day 3 no calls from lexus. but i call them at least twice a day they must hate me,..... . they keep saying they are running tests. wack .... i miss my car sooo much. ..mines a 06 so maybe they changed something iono probably just a glitch in a few cars....
Old 03-23-07, 03:21 PM
DEMIK
Lexus Test Driver

just got a call from crown. they are replacing the whole transmission and the clutch iono why the clutch but thats wat they said. they said they will try to get it done soon maybe tomorrow. ..kinda happy just hope they didnt mess up my car in any way..
Old 03-23-07, 03:40 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

wow.....good news! new tranny and clutch!
i think someone post about that the noise/grinding has something to do with the clutch also.......
how many miles u got btw?
Old 03-23-07, 03:44 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Originally Posted by contourrob

did they replace the clutch too?
Old 03-23-07, 03:49 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by demik
just got a call from crown. they are replacing the whole transmission and the clutch iono why the clutch but thats wat they said. they said they will try to get it done soon maybe tomorrow. ..kinda happy just hope they didnt mess up my car in any way..
It's good to hear that the clutch will be replaced.

I hope the car performs much better than ever.
Old 03-23-07, 04:27 PM
IS2Fizzle
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hopefully they'll throw in a Getrag 6spd in that baby. lol. jking

Quick Reply: sad day for me. (6spd manual problems)