IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

New Pics. Drift Car? (update - old pics from Team Lexus IS350 GT2 car)

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-07, 03:53 PM
Badman Forever
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

draft a petition letter w/ 10,000 signatures and send it to lexus!
Old 03-22-07, 07:23 PM
Apex84
Lead Lap

[QUOTE=Joe Z;2501251]^^ Just have Chuck cut a check to Lexus for the portion of the cars they own & parts they supplied (if any).

How deep does the RED TAPE run???
They have to at least come to terms that they made a bad decision on their part... why do we all have to suffer!!!!

It would be truly sad if these remained just as paper weights!!

Im sure we can start a "IS350 ALMS Racing Fund" if needed here on Club Lexus !!!!
As much as I appreicate the support, this has been a dead issue for nearly a year now. Lexus has made the point very clear that they are going to focus all attention interms of racing on the Grand-Am Rolex series. And with the season they having, its def going to stay that way. TRD is happy because if they didn't get control of our program, then they def didn't want anyone else to. Being that they have a lot of say when it comes to the Lexus' in Rolex, it seems that the political parties (Lexus & TRD) are happy with the position they are in.

The Red Tape as you put it runs VERY deep, and thats all that I'm willing to say about that.

Though finances were apart of the situation due to political complications, come on guys it's Lexus. Money for a program like this really isn't an issue. So a fund isn't going to do anything but possibly get the powers that be say "thanks but no thanks." Lexus will for the sake of moving past this whole thing, will do what they've been doing which is not publically denying or ecknowledging their stance on the Team Lexus program. This is in an effort to simply let the whole thing fade away. Its not Lexus that caused this, though they were left holding the bag. And again, thats all that I am willing to say about that.

Its not as is as writing check. So that idea won't work. And thats due the the layers of RED TAPE you referred to.
Old 03-22-07, 07:24 PM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Badman Forever
draft a petition letter w/ 10,000 signatures and send it to lexus!
Sorry but for the same reasons listed above in my other post, this won't work either.
Old 03-22-07, 07:26 PM
Fiko18
Lexus Test Driver

well are they selling off any of the parts?
Old 03-22-07, 07:34 PM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Fiko18
well are they selling off any of the parts?
Nope sorry. Besides considering that each car is worth about $500,000.oo, the cost of each part is astronomical.
Old 03-22-07, 07:40 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,999 Likes on 2,422 Posts

Apex84 - It looks like the suspension was redesigned, but still employs some of the OEM pieces. Can you talk about that at all?
Old 03-22-07, 09:34 PM
Badman Forever
Lead Lap

i wonder if jay leno likes lexus race cars..
Old 03-23-07, 06:00 AM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Apex84 - It looks like the suspension was redesigned, but still employs some of the OEM pieces. Can you talk about that at all?
Yes the suspension was redesigned. This was one of the most time comsuming and difficult tasks. We wanted to use as much OEM pieces as possible so that the cars didn't just resemble a street car, but actually uses a lot of the factory componets. Now through testing, if the OEM pieces failed then they would have been replaced. However seeing as we never finished tested, we couldn't determine just how reliable those pieces were. The shocks are from JRZ, with Road Magnet springs.
Old 03-23-07, 10:33 AM
pocky
mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oooh why! oh Why!!!!

Sooo...can I fly over there and take it around the parking lot?
Old 03-23-07, 10:40 AM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by pocky
Oooh why! oh Why!!!!

Sooo...can I fly over there and take it around the parking lot?
LOL. We had our last official open house in October 2006. NELOC came out and were the last to see these awesome machines. It's just a damn shame.
Old 03-23-07, 11:02 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Apex84
As much as I appreicate the support, this has been a dead issue for nearly a year now. Lexus has made the point very clear that they are going to focus all attention interms of racing on the Grand-Am Rolex series. And with the season they having, its def going to stay that way. TRD is happy because if they didn't get control of our program, then they def didn't want anyone else to. Being that they have a lot of say when it comes to the Lexus' in Rolex, it seems that the political parties (Lexus & TRD) are happy with the position they are in.

The Red Tape as you put it runs VERY deep, and thats all that I'm willing to say about that.

Though finances were apart of the situation due to political complications, come on guys it's Lexus. Money for a program like this really isn't an issue. So a fund isn't going to do anything but possibly get the powers that be say "thanks but no thanks." Lexus will for the sake of moving past this whole thing, will do what they've been doing which is not publically denying or ecknowledging their stance on the Team Lexus program. This is in an effort to simply let the whole thing fade away. Its not Lexus that caused this, though they were left holding the bag. And again, thats all that I am willing to say about that.

Its not as is as writing check. So that idea won't work. And thats due the the layers of RED TAPE you referred to.

Leroy

Thank you for the detailed info...

We just wish it didn't have to be this way and we know the whole "Team" feels the same way..

Joe Z
Old 03-23-07, 04:59 PM
lexem
Pole Position

Yes . . . I just cried =(
Old 03-23-07, 06:35 PM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Apex84
LOL. We had our last official open house in October 2006. NELOC came out and were the last to see these awesome machines. It's just a damn shame.

Damn, those guys got the best out of Corporate last year. I hope they give the West Coast some love this year.
-Will
Old 03-23-07, 07:37 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

^ yay-yay! (apologies for the obscure ice cube reference) /OT

just exactly how much power were they putting out? any raw stats?
Old 11-08-19, 12:48 PM
bbaugher47

Received 224 Likes on 195 Posts

Loo
Lookie what I found....

Quick Reply: New Pics. Drift Car? (update - old pics from Team Lexus IS350 GT2 car)