IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

annoying hid problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-07, 07:46 PM
tqlla3k
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, my OEM HIDs do dim/flicker on ignition of the car. Whereas they do not flicker when I turn them on after the car is already on.

I am going to guess thats bad for the HIDs.
Old 03-28-07, 07:04 AM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

um... this just happen to me today on my passenger side headlight. I have mine installed about a month ago so... I have my light on auto at all time but i leave my house at 5 am in the morning where it's still dark so shouldn't affect me that much. I'm trying to send a private message to XD but for some reason the message will not go through.

I will leave my private message here for Steve.

Hi Steve,

I have a question about my headlight...
This morning my passenger side light didn't come on, but once I turn off and turn back on the light is ok. Is there something wrong with the kit that I received? By the way, i do leave my headlight on auto but i normally leave my house at 5 am when it is still very dark so that shouldn't be the problem. I have the kit for only a month so if it's a defect product please let me know so i can still take care of this under your product warranty.

please help.

david
Old 03-28-07, 12:45 PM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

how come when i message to Xenon Depot the following message pop out??

"XenonDepot has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her."
Old 03-28-07, 02:32 PM
ABC
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

^ you have to email them. Go to their site for the addy.

I can predict he will say have you swapped the bulbs and the equipment one piece at a time to each side to test out what is causing the problem. Seems like a hassle to me and IMO, this is such a common problem (just search google...) with this kit that something is simply not made correctly. I don't think it's the install, i think it's a flaw in the equipment.
Old 03-28-07, 03:55 PM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

^i always get to PM them and reply normaly the next day. how come they are not accepting pms anymore?

I will try send them an email later to see what's going on.
And also, don't they normally post on the board regarding HID? How come they are not posting anything at this moment when we are talking about problems?
Old 03-28-07, 06:50 PM
ecr527
Lexus Champion

I emailed Steve about this when it first happened to me. He told me to check to make sure all the connections are together snugly, since he said that if a ballast or ignitor were bad, it wouldn't come on at all when you turn them on and off. Right now, I'm going the route of swapping components from one side to the other. It definitely is a pain though.
Old 03-29-07, 07:17 AM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

I mean right now it only happens once so... and I know it will happen again.

Hopefully Steve can reply us with more inside details.
Old 03-29-07, 12:26 PM
ABC
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ecr527
I emailed Steve about this when it first happened to me. He told me to check to make sure all the connections are together snugly, since he said that if a ballast or ignitor were bad, it wouldn't come on at all when you turn them on and off. Right now, I'm going the route of swapping components from one side to the other. It definitely is a pain though.
True... maybe it's the relay? I have both pos/ground wires connected directly to the battery and this still happens to me every so often.

Keep us updated on what you find. I'm very curious.
Old 03-30-07, 07:08 AM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

I wonder where is Xenon Depot????
Old 03-30-07, 07:19 AM
United #10
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same problems. is it relay problems??
Old 03-30-07, 02:54 PM
LeXusIS714
Driver

I had my XD 6000k since June and nothing happen to my kit yet( knock on wood). I always leave my HID headlight and foglight on auto and it works fine. Maybe it only happen to the 4300k kit, but i thought the different between the two kits is just the bulb. GL
Old 03-30-07, 08:15 PM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

I don't know. For some reason the guy at xenon depot isn't responding to our messages.
Old 03-31-07, 04:29 PM
ecr527
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by United #10
I have the same problems. is it relay problems??

It can't be a relay problem. Like I mentioned in my previous post, I've already started doing the "swap the components from the working side to the non-working side" thing. The only thing I"ve tried swapping so far so the square relay. So far the driver's side still hasn't gone out, not even once. So it's not that either. I'm going to continue to try swapping components, but I doubt this will do anything.
Old 04-01-07, 07:05 PM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

still waiting. bump
Old 08-23-07, 07:48 PM
ecr527
Lexus Champion

Has anyone figured out what is causing this problem?? I thought I was home free after I tried switching the ballasts from one side to the other. Then the other day, the same side I've been having problems went out again. The only thing I have left to try swapping out is the ignitor. I'm gonna try swapping that out this weekend.

Quick Reply: annoying hid problem