jman-is350
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NO love for me with my IS...
Old 03-30-07, 11:11 PM
IS2Fizzle
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My baby was hit on by a milf at the Chevron station. The woman came up to my passenger side window, looked inside and asked me all these questions about the IS. The funny thing is, she told me she wanted to trade in her 3 month old 3 series for the new IS.
Old 03-31-07, 08:28 AM
alexc281
Driver School Candidate

I just got back from a Business Trip to Dallas, Tx. While I was there, I stopped for a sandwich at Subway. As I was making my order, I looked behind me and noticed a ring of mechanics huddled around my car talking and staring at it, etc. I was a little nervous they were going to jack with it at first, but I eased up pretty quick. By the time I got my sandwich and walked outside, they had all scattered.
Old 03-31-07, 09:17 AM
Andoskyy
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I live in MA, and the ISX50 in general is pretty rare so far.

I think I've only seen 2 other IS350's since I started looking for mine a about 8months ago.

I get a lot of looks on the highway, and some pretty impressive cars want to toy with me. (porsche, M3's, M5's)

I don't race them because my driving record is...shall we say..."less than perfect", so I can't risk anything till at least the end of the year...haha

had a party a few weeks ago, and my car and my buddy's 07 G35 were parked in my driveway. Girl says to my friend...."i'll date you if you buy me one of those" friend asks "The Lexus, or Infinity" and she says "The Lexus" I remain silent, but grin from ear to ear

p.s. yes...very hot girl in case you were wondering
Old 03-31-07, 09:47 AM
joonsta
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Andoskyy

had a party a few weeks ago, and my car and my buddy's 07 G35 were parked in my driveway. Girl says to my friend...."i'll date you if you buy me one of those" friend asks "The Lexus, or Infinity" and she says "The Lexus" I remain silent, but grin from ear to ear

p.s. yes...very hot girl in case you were wondering
What a superficial girl....

...did you hit it ?
Old 03-31-07, 10:34 AM
davidbenji
Pole Position

Originally Posted by joonsta
Too many IS' here in the west Los Angeles area .

I guess I gotta start modding the car to set it apart from others...the fuzzy dice weren't enough .
very true there are tons out here. Even though they are common, in the 3 weeks Ive had mine several people ask what color it is and most of them comment on how gorgeous it is. I am really glad I got GFM.
Old 03-31-07, 11:02 AM
kqt2ktval
Driver

I was at 24 hr fitness one day and it was starting to rain. A good samaritan inform the person working at the desk that my driver side window was down" If you have a silver and blue lexus with no plates, please come to the front desk". I knew it was my car when she added the blue to it. When the sun is out, it looks silverest, and when there are overcast, it looks like a creamy blue. I knew it was my car because GFM is still very rare. Lady at the desk gave me a compliment on the color and ask me about the car. She said she never seen an IS before, although the lexus dealer is 3 blocks away.
Old 03-31-07, 11:31 AM
Andoskyy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by joonsta
What a superficial girl....

...did you hit it ?

Thats the only regret I have about buying the car...not the insane car payment, but not owning it while I was single!!! haha
Old 03-31-07, 11:39 AM
cmusic
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Last year I stopped in at my local Toyota dealership and parked infront of the showroom. I walked in to the parts department in the back to see if they could get some touchup paint for me. When I come back out to the showroom, almost every salesman and a few others were standing at the window, staring at my IS. As I drive off I look in my mirrors and they are still there watching my car until it gets out of sight.

Then this past Monday I stop back in at the same dealership to pick up a 4-Runner brochure for my girlfriend. One of the salesmen gives me one and asks if we can go out on the lot. I follow him out the door expecting to turn right towards their selection of new 4-Runners, but he turns left and heads straight for my IS. I end up having to let him check out my IS for 15 minutes before I leave. He never did ask if I wanted to look at a 4-Runner.
Old 03-31-07, 11:43 AM
eddo1
Driver

beat this one...I got pulled over by a cop wanting to ask me about my car!

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ght=pulled+cop
Old 03-31-07, 11:47 AM
tcho82
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I still haven't told my co-workers I bought the IS. We have a large garage, so we rarely see eachother walk in or out. Plus I take the train 2-3 times a week. I've had the car 4 months now. I'm the youngest in my group and lowest paid(most likely), I know the "we pay you too much" comment is coming once they find out.... haha.
Old 03-31-07, 11:48 AM
pocky
mooncake master

I get no compliments!

Oh poor pocky...I just get alot of people staring at it.
Old 03-31-07, 11:55 AM
tcho82
Lexus Test Driver

I got tons and tons of compliments with my S2000 though. None so far with my IS. The S was a total chick magnet. Too bad I have a SO the entire span of ownership. I once had a middle aged woman walk up to me to tell me how beautiful the car was and how suprised she was after telling her it was a Honda. She then proceeded to enter her CLK 55 Cabrio. She was a MILF btw....
Old 03-31-07, 11:57 AM
onihc
I heart Honda

Originally Posted by pocky
I get no compliments!

Oh poor pocky...I just get alot of people staring at it.
Nice car you got buddy. Love the spoiler.

Happy now?
Old 03-31-07, 12:12 PM
ReLexin
Lexus Champion

My girlfriends family all say "what did i do wrong in my life?" and "when i get older i want to be you!" everyone that says this is over 40 years old. Im just 19

Quick Reply: Stories of Adoration