IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Stories of Adoration

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-07, 01:35 PM
is_wil
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stories of Adoration

Maybe there used to be thread like this when the IS first came out - but I haven't seen anything for months on the subject...

But, when I first got my IS300 back in the day, lots of people used to gush over it - there was some rarity to it as it had just been released - strangers would walk up and start asking about it.

I didn't expect that to be the case with my IS350 seeing that it's been out over a year now, but I was just approached at a Costco Gas station by this lady and her husband. She was gushing about it, saying it's a beautiful car, that she always assumed it was a two door because of the styling and she was surprised it was four door, I must feel lucky, etc - basically the whole bit. I let her look inside and she grew more fond of it. She said she currently drives a BMW 5-series...and felt this was more her size and loved the interior now that she saw it.

Anyway, post your stories of strangers approaching your IS and gushing over it, or any other stories of adoration - and not fake ones like "Some girl was staring at me and my car - I swear she was"
Old 03-27-07, 01:39 PM
syn1313
Rookie

My boss saw me drive up with my IS and he came over looked at it.. told me it was a hell of a car and said that he pays me too much.
Old 03-27-07, 01:49 PM
9520G
Lead Lap

I was with a friend in my car to pick some girl at her house and she came out and was waiting for him to get out of the car so she could get in. She was a dumb blonde but it was funny that she thought it was a coupe.
Old 03-27-07, 02:00 PM
IS_Mine
Lexus Test Driver

I always get compliments at the gas station about how shiny it is. LOL they always ask "Did you just buy this?" Then I tell them its almost 6 months old and they nearly faint. You'd think more people know what a Lexus is.. but they have no idea! At least people I've ran into.. but I am in the deep south = /
Old 03-27-07, 02:19 PM
nehal51086
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

i went to watch a movie with some friends... when i was leaving i saw a few ppl standing around my car...as i got closer i noticed they were about 35-40 years old...i could hear them talk saying it was a beautiful car...i joined ther convo as if it wasnt mine....then i said let see if its unlocked...they didnt thinki would try to open the door but as u all know our cars unlock when you grab the door handle...so they thought the ownere was coming got in the car and left.....i later happend to pull up beside them at the stop light...the look on their face was priceless....one of them rolled down the window to their minivan and said nice joke..great car...lol.......

yes it seems like its made up...but its not.....
Old 03-27-07, 02:44 PM
pisaykotik
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by syn1313
My boss saw me drive up with my IS and he came over looked at it.. told me it was a hell of a car and said that he pays me too much.
Funny you mentioned this, my boss actually said the same thing to me when he saw my IS.
Old 03-27-07, 03:32 PM
mort
Lead Lap

I get as many compliments now as I did a year ago when I first got her. Recently I have noticed when pulling into a convenience store to pick up a few items and return to my car, teenagers are standing around it and full of questions. Someone in a Nissan 350Z parked beside me the other day when running in to get a few beers and I spent 15 minutes answering questions. He was in love with my IS350 and looked like he almost felt disgraced with his Z. Even when I was tossing compliments his way, his reaction was more or less 'what ever....thanks but you don't have to try being nice'.
Old 03-27-07, 03:47 PM
trio
Driver

a coworker of mine today just screamed out "NICE CAR!" from her window while driving by. classic...
Old 03-27-07, 04:33 PM
B@tm@n
Pole Position

Alwais when I pass a 2IS me and the driver in the other car look at each other with adoration.
Old 03-27-07, 05:34 PM
l1tech
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nobody ever says anything about my IS...when I have the 68 Camaro out it's another story though
Old 03-27-07, 05:58 PM
jsori75
Driver School Candidate

I was asked once if my car was the new corolla. i said "well if it is, then i spent way too much money for a corolla".
Old 03-27-07, 07:22 PM
danger4o5
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jsori75
I was asked once if my car was the new corolla. i said "well if it is, then i spent way too much money for a corolla".
hahahaha..well for me. I dont think i've encounter anything yet. Maybe because I work to damn much to even have time to drive around?
Old 03-27-07, 07:28 PM
ABC
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

lol, some of the higher ups in my office said i get paid too much as well when i bought it

I get compliments from time to time; they always make me feel good about the $35k i spent
Old 03-27-07, 07:40 PM
Cornellian
Lead Lap

Well....I bought my car right after graduating college at age of 21. And due to that, I get lots of STARES! I got buddies and co-workers who use the term "Baller", which I obviously don't mind

I also get lots of looks on highway coz my car is always shining like the freakin sun!!
Old 03-27-07, 07:43 PM
mlee21
Lexus Test Driver

yeah, i get some stares here and there.. but nothing to the extreme of people standing right next to my car and talkin about it. maybe its cuz the area i live in has too many nice cars going around.

Quick Reply: Stories of Adoration