IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

HID fogs install instructions?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-07 | 03:12 PM
ba-b4
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by chuckler
once you go HID, you never go back. haha

ba-b4, I'm in the same boat as you with the yellowness. on the road it appears yellow but if you look at it..its not so yellow. I believe the makers of these type of bulbs use a 5000k one and coat it with some type of yellow prism like filter. If you really want the deep intense yellow..get the 3000k XenonDepot Philips bulb, they use a yellow filter. someone on this forum has it..it looks awesome. i'd get that bulb but i'll wait till its time to replace them.

i mounted my driver side ballast in the crevice of the washer fluid tank with double sided velcro tape and i used the mounting bracket and bolted it to a hole found on the frame for passenger side ballast. hope this helps.
Okay so you're sure the Philips bulbs are yellower than the xtreme kit bulbs cuz that's what I'm really after. Yellow on the road is nice but I'd like that deep rich yellow look on the car as well. Just looked on the xenondepot site and looks like just the philips bulbs themselves are just as expensive as I paid for the whole xtreme kit!!! Oh well guess I'll wait till my current bulbs burn out first too. Anyone know how long aftermarket HID bulbs are supposed to last?
Old 04-18-07 | 07:34 AM
tcho82
Lexus Test Driver

Can someone tell me where the fog light fuse is located? I may have blown one this weekend. I do know there is a fuse box on the passenger side in the engine bay, but which one is the fog light fuse. A picture if you have one handy would be perfect.
Old 05-12-07 | 10:56 AM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Is it me or do these 2 kits look different?? Both are the XD xtreme 3000k

Old 05-12-07 | 12:17 PM
BlitzIS350
Pole Position

hey its all in the camera.....i had to adjust the camera ev+/- setting to get the true color of the bulbs. although i must say that the previous setup i had, my bulbs were more yellower than the hid setup. but i also had nokya 2500k bulbs instead of the 3000k xtreme kit.
Old 05-12-07 | 01:16 PM
ba-b4
Lexus Test Driver

Yes there is a difference in how the picture was shot. I didn't do anything with my camera. Left it on auto and just point and shoot. But there IS a difference even with both camera's being equal in that I have the aerotech blue vinyl overlay's on my fogs so the yellow will not look as yellow on mine.

With my blue overlays my fogs look more like 'highlighter pen yellow' rather than plain yellow. I don't want to take off my blue overlays cuz they look so nice on my breakwater IS during the day. Meh at least it looks unique but I still think the bulbs on the Xenon Depot Xtreme kit are not very yellow to begin with. Like 'chuckler' said in the post above, in order to get really deep rich yellows on the fogs you gotta go with the legit philips bulbs instead of these cheaper bulbs on the Xtreme kit. I'll probably do that once one of these suckers burn out.
Old 05-12-07 | 02:23 PM
T4styPh0
Lexus Test Driver

I have HID fogs on my car and the kit is nothing this complicated. Literally plug and play. No fuses, nor wiring to battery, no splitting or anything. If anybody is interested got them off of www.hid-lights.com
Old 05-12-07 | 03:34 PM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by ba-b4
Yes there is a difference in how the picture was shot. I didn't do anything with my camera. Left it on auto and just point and shoot. But there IS a difference even with both camera's being equal in that I have the aerotech blue vinyl overlay's on my fogs so the yellow will not look as yellow on mine.

With my blue overlays my fogs look more like 'highlighter pen yellow' rather than plain yellow. I don't want to take off my blue overlays cuz they look so nice on my breakwater IS during the day. Meh at least it looks unique but I still think the bulbs on the Xenon Depot Xtreme kit are not very yellow to begin with. Like 'chuckler' said in the post above, in order to get really deep rich yellows on the fogs you gotta go with the legit philips bulbs instead of these cheaper bulbs on the Xtreme kit. I'll probably do that once one of these suckers burn out.
You mean XD offers the philips bulbs for the xtreme kit??
Old 05-12-07 | 04:04 PM
ba-b4
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by iSuxeL
You mean XD offers the philips bulbs for the xtreme kit??
Yes they do but they're sold separate from the xtreme kit. Their xenondepot kits (not xtreme) use philips bulbs.
Old 05-12-07 | 07:03 PM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Man that kit is almost $500!!
Old 07-09-07 | 10:41 AM
memasterac
Lexus Test Driver

No, it's not just you. I just installed my XD Xtreme 3000K with a thought of the color will be very yellow like the second photo. However, it came out EXACTLY the same as in the first photo. Looking at the car from far, the color is like white with a little hint of yellow although it does show more yellow at 45 degree angle when standing next to the car. I don't know how the camera can do much different for color because the first photo is what I see on my GS, in person... maybe the HID bulbs are different in different batch of shipment.

Originally Posted by iSuxeL
Is it me or do these 2 kits look different?? Both are the XD xtreme 3000k