IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

The secret rims are revealed! Got the dubs on my IS. (plus updated pics - merged )

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-07, 03:00 PM
kilo6_one
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sorry, too much chrome looks cheap and ghetto..........
what ever gets you through the day homie
Old 04-01-07, 09:47 PM
IronPhoenX
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kilo6_one
sorry, too much chrome looks cheap and ghetto..........
what ever gets you through the day homie
Yeah. Bling Bling Yo.
Old 04-01-07, 10:10 PM
lexneffect
Pole Position

Definitely not my taste but if you like it, then that's cool.
Old 04-02-07, 06:38 AM
Lexusman44
Driver

That looks really good!

Lexusman44
Old 04-02-07, 09:43 AM
istundra
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I personally like TIS "Twenty-Inches-STrong"

Ultimate Bling Effect!

Tinted up! Maxed Rear Dish! Chrome Door Handles!

All you need!
Old 04-02-07, 09:53 AM
kilo6_one
Lexus Test Driver

TIS are made by american racing, known for cheap rims............
instead of looking like a baller, be a baller and buy real rims that are high quality then there is no doubt that you are a baller. but being a poser and buying the cheapest biggest thing around is pretty sad if you ask me. while your bolting up your fake itallian sounding rims dont for get your wanli tires!
Old 04-02-07, 12:12 PM
NotoriousB
Driver School Candidate

Black on Black, tight!
Old 04-02-07, 12:19 PM
IRCRomeo
Pole Position

instead of looking like a baller, be a baller and buy real rims that are high quality then there is no doubt that you are a baller. but being a poser and buying the cheapest biggest thing around is pretty sad if you ask me. while your bolting up your fake itallian sounding rims dont for get your wanli tires!
I don't appreciate the rude tones here. Giovanna was the first company to make 22, 24, and 26 inch rims and are known as a leader in the luxury rim industry. I don't need to discuss prices, but my wheel/tire combo was over $3,000.

I'm not trying to look like anything. I saw these rims even before I put a deposit on my special order IS. I just had to have these no matter the cost.
Old 04-02-07, 12:28 PM
cancellino
Pole Position

Dude - when you post your "whip" you're gonna have to expect some feed back (good or bad) it's just human nature; we all have different tastes which is why we personalize our lives. I am not a big fan of alot of chrome, but your car looks good...and if you like it, at the end of the day that's all that matters.

Nice Ride

Last edited by cancellino; 04-02-07 at 01:53 PM.
Old 04-02-07, 01:38 PM
mlee21
Lexus Test Driver

dont listen to what anyone else says.. if u like it. thats all that matters.
Old 04-02-07, 02:51 PM
l1tech
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IRCRomeo
I don't appreciate the rude tones here. Giovanna was the first company to make 22, 24, and 26 inch rims and are known as a leader in the luxury rim industry. I don't need to discuss prices, but my wheel/tire combo was over $3,000.

I'm not trying to look like anything. I saw these rims even before I put a deposit on my special order IS. I just had to have these no matter the cost.
Oh man you would kill me if I told you what we buy these exact rims for.
Old 04-02-07, 03:43 PM
josephdoc
Lexus Champion

Giovanna was the first company to make 22, 24, and 26 inch rims
Are you sure? I really dont think so, but that does not matter beacuse 22"+ is not main stream in JDM and Lexus market... just not yet.
I see many Ford-F150, Chry-300M, Dodge Charger, and Cadies fall for this kind of wheels. I think Giovana was the one of many wheel manufactures brought down the cost of plus-size-wheels to become more affordable because producing in China and by mass production.

And are known as a leader in the luxury rim industry.
Luxury?? Really?!?? Maybe you are right because it all depends on certain types of market, preference, and budget only. I don't consider to use the word "luxury" on wheels(w/o tires) tagged below $5,000 MSRP. Definitly there are no luxury wheels have fake rivets that want to pretend as multi-piece wheels.

I don't need to discuss prices, but my wheel/tire combo was over $3,000.
I think you just discussed out the price by yourself. I believe, there are always some would say that is too much regardless how much you state.
-----------------------

At here, we all have pride with our cars. Do not be bothered by other's opinion because you ride the way you want it.

My feedback is only based on my opinion in the way I understand the automotive market. I could be wrong anytime, but I just cannot stand when one is putting up statements that conflict with my understanding. I am not stating MIC products are all bad, but in general I see products were made in China have more quality issues. Hey, I shop in dollar store once awhile also.

Thank you for sharing your car's setup with me/us at here, and I have no comment about it.

Joseph

Last edited by josephdoc; 04-02-07 at 11:12 PM.
Old 04-02-07, 05:25 PM
kilo6_one
Lexus Test Driver

these are by far from being leader in the luxury rim market, maybe in the lower tier luxury market, they are just overly marketed as that.
In fact the leaders in the luxury market are companies like HRE, Iforged, Modulare, and those companies that make multipeice high performance wheels. as far as i know giovanna does not make their wheels, they just are just marketing company like axis, and others.
true performance and luxury rims are sold by the manufactuers with price points representing the quality and the product itself.
3000.00 honestly is average for what you would pay for an off the shelf 20" rim and decent tire set up.

and just becasue its a 20 or bigger and chromed does not mean its a luxury rim........ and just becuase a company chooses to market thier rims as racing, or luxury does not make it so either.
i think most will agree.....
in fact like most people have stated what makes you happy is all that matters, but you asked for opinons regarding your set up, people gave them too you.

so congrats for what you precive is a great set up......
others may not.

too me giovanna has lost alot of its crediablity when it pushed its rims to be used on "pimp my ride"

I have been around the rim and tire business for 15 years and i can tell you that they chrome is not the highest quailty and nither is the casting procedure, i have seen alot of giovanna, velochi, velocity, diablo (all self professed luxury rims) with damage too them that a quality rim would with stand, i have seen the rivets on these rims pop off from the vibration from the impact guns and i have seen chrome chip off in large chunks when the tires mounted. not to mention the poor overall physical construction of these types of wheels.

Now dont get me wrong, giovanna markets and sells under its name a fine multi piece rim such as lexani does with their assanti line, but they are made I belive by MHT and sold and marketed under thier name.

but those rims are in the same price point as the afore mentioned true luxury rim catagory.

so please dont be confused with what is truly a high performance luxury wheel and what is marketed as one.

Last edited by kilo6_one; 04-02-07 at 05:33 PM.
Old 04-02-07, 06:05 PM
linh811
Lead Lap

a "real" baller wouldn't be in a Lexus, much less an IS...
Old 04-02-07, 07:06 PM
joonsta
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Too...much...chrome...

IMO, the IS is not the car to bling out .

Bling bling is for Cadillacs!

Oh well...it's your money .

Quick Reply: The secret rims are revealed! Got the dubs on my IS. (plus updated pics - merged )