IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

The secret rims are revealed! Got the dubs on my IS. (plus updated pics - merged )

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-07 | 07:28 PM
IRCRomeo
Pole Position

I am shocked by this community... or lack therefore anymore. Does anyone not even read the stickies?

=======
Help grow the sense of community by:

Before you hit the 'post reply' button, consider if your reply is adding to the community or detracting from it. If it's purely negative, don't post.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=247192
======

I am a part of a few communities, one of which I have close to 30,000 posts and am highly regarded there. With this one, I don't see myself coming back to. I used to be so excited to come here before I got my IS. I couldn't wait to talk about it, I never saw bad mouthing, etc. Ever since I got mine, with every topic I make, it seems to be trashtalking 24/7.
Old 04-02-07 | 07:46 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Members - IRCRomeo makes very good points in the previous post.

You don't have to like what he does to his car, but keep in mind it is HIS car and if it makes him happy, more power to him.

If you don't like it, of course you are welcome to say so but be constructive or considerate in your commentary. You post up pictures of your car and ICR doesn't like it, I'd expect the same from him.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 04-02-07 at 08:02 PM.
Old 04-02-07 | 07:53 PM
mwaull
Lexus Test Driver

wouldnt do anything like that with my IS, but to all their own! everyone is unique . . .
Old 04-02-07 | 08:41 PM
istundra
Pole Position

OKOK... back on topic.

Did you lower the car? Maybe soem Air RUnners would be a next great addition. Put some bags on it!
Old 04-02-07 | 08:46 PM
IS_Mine
Lexus Test Driver

Your car is definately unique. I think the wheels kinda take away from the sport and maybe more into the luxory, but then.. I really don't think our IS is all that luxorious.

I think I can understand some of the negativity of some of the posters. I think they see our car more as a *sporty* one and by putting large rims on the car it has been demoted to a cruiser. But, more important, as people have been saying.. as long as you like it thats all that counts. I'm sure it looks much better in person!
Old 04-02-07 | 08:46 PM
istundra
Pole Position

check this out...

hey.. aren't these the same wheels u got but with painted covers?

Old 04-02-07 | 09:04 PM
IRCRomeo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by IS_Mine
Your car is definately unique. I think the wheels kinda take away from the sport and maybe more into the luxory, but then.. I really don't think our IS is all that luxorious.
It took me a little while debating on the rims. The Ararat's were my choice before I even bought the IS, and then I saw the Sabina's. The Ararats were a full face rim, more luxury, while the Sabinas are a sporty five spoke. I decided to go with my first choice, which I am extremely happy with.

When I first went to my Lexus dealer to do the install and register the new TMPS, the service manager didn't seem to excited. He was unsure if they rims would fit as they never installed 20s before. Afterwards, you should have seen his face and every salesman there. He told he how every single mechanic was around my car staring at it and making bets on how much the rims cost. I was told everyone loved how it looked, and I saw it first hand how people kept coming to look at it.

I am happy with my choice. I am disgusted how people are acting here.

Ararats:

Sabinas:
Old 04-02-07 | 09:12 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Its ok... I like seeing the rotors and calipers IMO.. Nice job anyhow..
Old 04-02-07 | 09:23 PM
IRCRomeo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by tmf2004
Its ok... I like seeing the rotors and calipers IMO.. Nice job anyhow..
I do too, but I did that with my last vehicle. I did racing style rims from Giovanna, G-Racing Kuji's. I wanted to go with a full faced rim for my new whip, which happened to be the 2IS.

Old 04-02-07 | 09:30 PM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Oh my......
Old 04-02-07 | 09:35 PM
revspeed
Driver

i think it looks better all chrome then the black cap...it should look a whole lot better once you drop it.
Old 04-02-07 | 09:41 PM
IRCRomeo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by revspeed
i think it looks better all chrome then the black cap...it should look a whole lot better once you drop it.
I'm worried about doing that with dubs. I'm concerned about rubbing as is.
Old 04-02-07 | 09:48 PM
revspeed
Driver

Alot of guys on here are rolling dub as well and have no rubbing issue. as long as you have the right offsets you will be fine.
Old 04-02-07 | 11:24 PM
josephdoc
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Members - IRCRomeo makes very good points in the previous post.

You don't have to like what he does to his car, but keep in mind it is HIS car and if it makes him happy, more power to him.

If you don't like it, of course you are welcome to say so but be constructive or considerate in your commentary. You post up pictures of your car and ICR doesn't like it, I'd expect the same from him.
Yup Yup! ICR, your car is cool to roll, it is you to ride the car your way!
Here is some pics of my car. Photos were taken by mates here... I don't need feedback.

-----

-----
Old 04-02-07 | 11:34 PM
Batmobile
Pole Position

very nice very nice...but i liked the chrome

Quick Reply: The secret rims are revealed! Got the dubs on my IS. (plus updated pics - merged )