IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Lexus=Cheap

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-07, 07:14 PM
nighthawk
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dabigman
lol...Why are you trying to "trade up" to a 350 if Lexus is so cheap? Get a Chevy Malibu.
Better luck??? haha...thats the problem, I love the car, just hate the rattles.
Old 04-01-07, 08:43 PM
y2ks2k
CL Folding Freak

Originally Posted by nighthawk
I hate to say this, and never thought I woudl for this car but my IS250 feels cheap....

Everytime I get in the center console squeeks and cracks like cheap plastic when I transfer my weight.....also

When drving and I go over a bump the entire dash squeeks and cracks like cheap plastic. I have rattles in the dash that just rattle as I drive down the street.

I love the car but it is really bothering me....how do I complain about something like this to the dealer, I mean what can they really do about finding numerious squeeks/cracking sounds that I have.
I’ve said this with all my cars and my Lexus is no different (even though I don’t have any yet)... try creating a device like a car that rolls around on rough rocks all day long with a half million bolts holding things together and not have any thing loosen up or eventually rub and make noise.

Physics is hard to beat, even for a Lexus.
Old 04-01-07, 09:31 PM
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by y2ks2k
I’ve said this with all my cars and my Lexus is no different (even though I don’t have any yet)... try creating a device like a car that rolls around on rough rocks all day long with a half million bolts holding things together and not have any thing loosen up or eventually rub and make noise.

Agreed, although it's worth noting that my wife's Ford Escape has 20k miles on it and is absolutely silent...not one rattle anywhere in the vehicle. I'd hate to think that Lexus can't at least match Ford in that regard, especially given that I paid more than twice the amount she did for her vehicle.

My 2000 Nissan Maxima had zero rattles during the four years I owned it. I haven't experienced rattles like I have in my Lexus since I owned a 94 Saturn...I think that speaks for itself.
Old 04-02-07, 01:49 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,978 Likes on 2,406 Posts

Originally Posted by Hartawan
I just hate going back and forth to the dealer. They should have made a rattle free car in the first place. Never had a car that rattles this much!
Obviously you've never owned a MkIV Supra. I've never owned anything more noisy, and only a 2 1/2 ton diesel truck can compete for cabin noises.
Old 04-02-07, 03:47 AM
omgitsroy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

someone mentioned 12mon/12k.... is this the time limit to fix the squeeks?
Old 04-02-07, 04:07 AM
ldc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

I hate to say this, and never thought I woudl for this car but my IS250 feels cheap....

Everytime I get in the center console squeeks and cracks like cheap plastic when I transfer my weight.....also

When drving and I go over a bump the entire dash squeeks and cracks like cheap plastic. I have rattles in the dash that just rattle as I drive down the street.

I love the car but it is really bothering me....how do I complain about something like this to the dealer, I mean what can they really do about finding numerious squeeks/cracking sounds that I have.
I think you have gotten your description wrong. Cheap is like sitting in and driving a corolla. The rattling/buzzing of the dash is nothing more than an insullation issue. Every car has their little wrongs but that doesnt totally decribe the car.

Talking about "cheap" (and dollar for dollar), there is no car with a cheaper feeling when sitting inside than the 3 series BMWs.

Last edited by ldc; 04-02-07 at 04:16 AM.
Old 04-02-07, 05:01 AM
ISbb
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any car would have some problems big or small and you just have to tell the service guy and ask them to solve it! My Dad has a M-Benz SLK200 and it has some electronic noise that they couldn't fix still not! So what say you!
Old 04-02-07, 07:48 AM
GNN60GT500
Driver

Originally Posted by y2ks2k

My 65 and my 67 Mustangs have no rattles or squeaks at all-

Of course I put the interior together myself and adjusted everything perfectly- but they have very stiff rides and I dont have a single rattle in either of them- not to mention the motor vibrates the entire car-

My IS350 also has no rattles either though- 10K miles and counting
Old 04-02-07, 08:05 AM
bnet504
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by omgitsroy
someone mentioned 12mon/12k.... is this the time limit to fix the squeeks?
I don't know where they got the 12 months/12k figure from. My understanding has always been that you can get rattles and squeks fixed anytime during the 3 year/36k basic warranty.
Old 04-02-07, 08:27 AM
revhi
Driver

Just be glad you dont have a G35 Coupe. That car has rattles GALORE.
Old 04-02-07, 10:46 AM
y2ks2k
CL Folding Freak

Originally Posted by GNN60GT500
My 65 and my 67 Mustangs have no rattles or squeaks at all-

Of course I put the interior together myself and adjusted everything perfectly- but they have very stiff rides and I dont have a single rattle in either of them- not to mention the motor vibrates the entire car-

My IS350 also has no rattles either though- 10K miles and counting

It probably has 3 times more noise from squeaks then the IS350. The "problem" with the IS350 is the interior is 10 times quieter then a Mustang so you heard internal squeaks more.
Old 04-02-07, 12:09 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

my is350 feels cheap... when i'm parked/lined up next to a ferrari.

go to the dealership and get them to take care of the dash squeaks and rattles. it's a known issue for 2is owners.
Old 04-02-07, 12:10 PM
joonsta
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by projectdna
go to the dealership and get them to take care of the dash squeaks and rattles. it's a known issue for 2is owners.
Has your rattling issues been solved, by just simply telling them to fix the rattling?
Old 04-02-07, 03:28 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by joonsta
Has your rattling issues been solved, by just simply telling them to fix the rattling?
i don't have any rattling/squeaking issues.

then again, if i'm not endulging myself in the harmonious 3.5l v6, i'm enjoying my favorite playlists on my ML system via my ipod nano... /OT

i believe several CL members have gone that route. explore your options...
Old 04-02-07, 03:58 PM
josephdoc
Lexus Champion

You thread title hurts me!
Because I'v promised my wife that I will give her nothing cheap in life after I gave her the "dime-ring" during our college years!

Let me show you...

Last edited by josephdoc; 04-02-07 at 04:02 PM.

Quick Reply: Lexus=Cheap