IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Lexus=Cheap

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-07, 02:33 PM
nighthawk
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus=Cheap

I hate to say this, and never thought I woudl for this car but my IS250 feels cheap....

Everytime I get in the center console squeeks and cracks like cheap plastic when I transfer my weight.....also

When drving and I go over a bump the entire dash squeeks and cracks like cheap plastic. I have rattles in the dash that just rattle as I drive down the street.

I love the car but it is really bothering me....how do I complain about something like this to the dealer, I mean what can they really do about finding numerious squeeks/cracking sounds that I have.
Old 04-01-07, 02:43 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,978 Likes on 2,406 Posts

They will make them go away. They certainly did mine.
Old 04-01-07, 03:19 PM
Sarorn
Driver

My vehicle has the same squeeks and rattles and I notice it every single day. But, after 5 months of driving it, I've come to an understanding that it is a "car," just like we are only "human." Problems are inevitable and most are eventually fixable.

As for the squeeks and rattles, I'm sure the dealer can fix it be inserting padding or foam, as discussed in various posts on CL about the problem.

Another reason why you're hearing so many rattles is because the car is so darn quiet so you'll hear everything! When you compare our interiors to that of a BMW or an Infiniti, I'm sure you'll reconsider using the term "cheap" on our ISX50's.

If it bothers you that much, bring it to the dealer and express your concerns. As for me, when I'm driving on the open road with my sunroof open and U2 is playing on the ML system...who cares about the rattles!!!
Old 04-01-07, 03:31 PM
joonsta
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sarorn
Another reason why you're hearing so many rattles is because the car is so darn quiet so you'll hear everything!
That's true to a certain point.

I have driven or been in innumerable luxury vehicles before, including the new Mercedes with those self sealing doors.

None of them had rattles. Not even those with the stiffer suspensions.

So I say that the IS definitely has problems .
Old 04-01-07, 04:15 PM
Dj_AmtraX
Lexus Test Driver

there are TSBs for the problems you are experiencing.
Old 04-01-07, 04:47 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
They will make them go away. They certainly did mine.
I agree. Mine is rattle free now!
Old 04-01-07, 04:52 PM
Hartawan
Former Vendor

I just hate going back and forth to the dealer. They should have made a rattle free car in the first place. Never had a car that rattles this much!
Old 04-01-07, 05:04 PM
bygtimaish
Pole Position

i love the IS but there are too many little issues with it that drive me crazzzzzy...( like the stupid rattle)
Old 04-01-07, 05:07 PM
howie55
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs down same problem

I have the same problem with my IS250 cracking in the dash board. I think that the windshield is always getting hit by a rock or something. how do you go into the dealer and tell them of this problem?
Old 04-01-07, 05:13 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by nighthawk
I hate to say this, and never thought I woudl for this car but my IS250 feels cheap....

Everytime I get in the center console squeeks and cracks like cheap plastic when I transfer my weight.....also

When drving and I go over a bump the entire dash squeeks and cracks like cheap plastic. I have rattles in the dash that just rattle as I drive down the street.

I love the car but it is really bothering me....how do I complain about something like this to the dealer, I mean what can they really do about finding numerious squeeks/cracking sounds that I have.
How do you solve this problem? Say exactly what you posted to the Service Advisor.

"Everytime I get in the center console squeeks and cracks like cheap plastic when I transfer my weight..... Also, when drving and I go over a bump the entire dash squeeks and cracks like cheap plastic. I have rattles in the dash that just rattle as I drive down the street."

Javier
Old 04-01-07, 05:58 PM
Bill_GS3
Lead Lap

You tell the advisor exactly what you hear, when you hear it. If that doesn't work, ask to ride with the tech to point out the noise you're hearing. That's what we're here for.

There may be TSIB's about "common" noises with fixes. Some we'll need to hear and insulate. Gotta remember Mr. Ford came up with the assembly line and things go quicker, and as things "settle" there may arrise issues. This is why Lexus has and adjustment warranty of 12/12K miles, to fix these little quirks so you can enjoy your vehicle the way it should be.

-Bill
Old 04-01-07, 06:01 PM
Ramon
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by javyLSU
How do you solve this problem? Say exactly what you posted to the Service Advisor.

"Everytime I get in the center console squeeks and cracks like cheap plastic when I transfer my weight..... Also, when drving and I go over a bump the entire dash squeeks and cracks like cheap plastic. I have rattles in the dash that just rattle as I drive down the street."

Javier
QFT
Old 04-01-07, 06:05 PM
joonsta
Lead Lap

What does the dealership exactly do to fix the rattling and creaking anyways?

Screw some bolts tighter? Put paddings?
Old 04-01-07, 06:53 PM
nighthawk
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Bill_GS3
You tell the advisor exactly what you hear, when you hear it. If that doesn't work, ask to ride with the tech to point out the noise you're hearing. That's what we're here for.

There may be TSIB's about "common" noises with fixes. Some we'll need to hear and insulate. Gotta remember Mr. Ford came up with the assembly line and things go quicker, and as things "settle" there may arrise issues. This is why Lexus has and adjustment warranty of 12/12K miles, to fix these little quirks so you can enjoy your vehicle the way it should be.

-Bill
I have 20,000 miles...
Old 04-01-07, 07:12 PM
Dabigman
Lead Lap

lol...Why are you trying to "trade up" to a 350 if Lexus is so cheap? Get a Chevy Malibu.

Quick Reply: Lexus=Cheap