IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Features You Will Never Use

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-07, 02:54 PM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 270 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by nehal51086
i use my bluetooth but i wish u didnt have to come to a stop to transfer a call to the phone....bc sometimes the girls jsut dont stop talkin...lol....i dont see how it is a saftey feature....
It isn't transferring the call that's dangerous, it's talking on a handheld cell phone while driving that is. It's dangerous enough that several states, including New Jersey have enacted legislation to prohibit it.
Old 04-04-07, 03:17 PM
sirkfc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MoLexus
Second would have to be sunglasses holder, its just too small for any of my sunglasses.
Nicole Ritchie, is that you?
Old 04-04-07, 03:18 PM
davidbenji
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bichon
It isn't transferring the call that's dangerous, it's talking on a handheld cell phone while driving that is. It's dangerous enough that several states, including New Jersey have enacted legislation to prohibit it.
I absolutely hate when people are jibberjabbering on their phones while they drive. I wish every state would make it illegal. You can spot phone users easier than you can a drunk driver, they constantly stomp the brakes for no reason, follow the car ahead either really far or really closely, merge without looking...just t mention a a few. As a personal observation I would guess maybe 1 out of every 50 drivers actually can drive and use the phone at the same time. At least people that read the paper while they drive stay in their own lane.
Old 04-04-07, 04:41 PM
ABC
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

So far i've never used the aux in and the power charger in the center console. Six mp3 cd's are more than enough for me.

I've almost never use the rear map lights or the rear seat.
Old 04-04-07, 04:55 PM
y2ks2k
CL Folding Freak

Don’t use:

Paddle shifters: They aren’t even in the right driving position (hand grip for track). Almost impossible to hit when turning. I don’t even use the sport shift mode. I used it all the time in my Acura but the auto tranny in the IS350 is satisfying enough as it is in etcpwr.

Input: It just sucks (sound)

Voice command: Barely use navigation as it is, maybe used it 2 times in the past year although it was nice.

Snow or normal driving mode: Hell no ,the thing will shift you into 6th gear at 25 mph (exaggeration).
Old 04-04-07, 05:05 PM
mwaull
Lexus Test Driver

Had car since last July and RARELY use:

Voice commands (NEVER)
Paddle shifters (only use to show people that ask, look cool though)
Sunglass holder in upper console (f'in glasses are too wide dangit!)
Old 04-04-07, 06:23 PM
tcho82
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I find that the aux input is an awesome feature with great quality sound, but you need to use the right equipment to make it sound right. Like many others on this board, I use a line out adapter for my ipod and then plug that into a ground loop isolator which then goes into the aux input. Then you get near CD quality or cd quality sound(depending what you ripped at).

The only voice command I use is to turn the navi off(suspend guidance) if I know the rest of the way home and don't want to hear turn by turn commands.

Don't use paddle shifters, but do plan to use the sport shift mode at the track and during autocross to lockout gears 4-6, or 5-6 depending on the speed. I know during autocross I may only need to keep it in 2nd and 3rd the entire time.

Bluetooth is freaking awesome, I hated talking on the phone with a bluetooth headset, and I hate having to fumble around for a phone when I'm driving. Just make sure your phone numbers are all inputed so the name pops up.
Old 04-04-07, 06:42 PM
nehal51086
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Bichon
makes sence...but not every state has the same traffic situation...perhaps lexus could have made an option to play the music at a lower volume on all the other speakrs...
Old 04-04-07, 08:11 PM
evilpimper
Driver School Candidate

well i rarely use the the side view mirrors.
i prefer to just cross my fingers and switch lanes while accelerating and hoping theres no other race car drivers on the road at that moment.

i also never really used the air bags, or the super secrete red button under the seat

other than that i dont think i ever open up the ash tray in the back(dont notice its there)
Old 04-04-07, 08:31 PM
Sarorn
Driver

Originally Posted by Batmobile
Slap shifters...

ah.. now that's just silly to say.

if you don't have tint it helps your rear passengers from getting a neck tan... especially on long road trips... it can be really annoying.
Ahh, so that's what its for!!!
Old 04-04-07, 08:36 PM
Koz

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

My wife is 5'3" and I am 6'1", so the memory seats are awesome because they sync with the FOB. If not I would have to move the seats back before even getting in the vehicle.

I find that I am using most all the features more and more. I have not used the air filtration yet but cannot stand the smell of diesel or cigars.

Bluetooth, rear shade, voice command, iPod, one touch roof and windows, self dimming rearview mirror, heated seats, paddles, retracting power steering wheel, rain sensing wipers are all priceless!

Koz
Old 04-04-07, 10:16 PM
IS_NIICE
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

haha, the first aid kit. knock on woooood.
Old 04-04-07, 10:24 PM
ISbb
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The ECT SNOW mode, 1st AID kit(touch wood), the windows washer warmuper, can't think of anythings else yet... (stilling thinking)
Old 04-04-07, 10:47 PM
jman-is350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by iskcon
rarely use voice commands....by the time i say a command (ex. set the temperature on AC or something) i could have done it faster manually
Me too. Voice commands suck!
Old 04-05-07, 05:23 AM
nehal51086
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ISbb
...the windows washer warmuper...
do we all have that?...

Quick Reply: Features You Will Never Use