Search this Thread

Old 04-04-07, 05:38 AM
G35TOIS350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wow, bunch of haters over on the G board

Taken from a thread over there...

I agree, the IS might be considered sporty... for the 65 year olds

Realistically, the IS is not sporty. It has never been considered sporty nor does it have the characteristics of a sporty vehicle. Yeah, its really quick, but that's not exactly what makes a vehicle sporty.

The IS is a very nice luxury sedan; but to most enthusiasts, its not quite sporty enough to be considered sport.

give me a break
Old 04-04-07, 05:50 AM
IStreefidy
Pole Position

it doesnt have a manual transmission nor a hand brake. the only thing considered to be sporty would be the engine and i guess a little bit of the body. but they call the ISX50 a sport luxury for a reason.
Old 04-04-07, 06:36 AM
Ichigo
Pole Position

If they are this harsh on the 2IS, I wonder what they are saying about the new Subaru WRX? At the end of the day, Id still rather have my lexus than a G35 anyday.
Old 04-04-07, 06:39 AM
dfw350
Lead Lap

g35 is sporty?????????????????????????????
Old 04-04-07, 06:46 AM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Take it all with a grain of salt. At the end of the day I wouldn't trade my '06 IS in for the highest optioned '07 G 35. Infiniti is still a couple of notches below the Lexus on the totem pole. All the G has going for it is PRICE, but in the end you get what you pay for. I spend a bit of time over on the G board, and people are now posting that the notorious buzzes and rattles endemic to the previous G's are now starting to appear on the new G. Ick.
Old 04-04-07, 07:03 AM
gassman
Pole Position

The G's body is frumpy, unlike the tight lines of the IS. Looking at the IS head on (esp. if dropped) thier is no misstaking the aggressive look.
Old 04-04-07, 07:16 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,238 Likes on 1,357 Posts

Guys you get the same bias on this forum towards other makes & models from some members, just like you do from some members on their forums. Sometimes it evolves into an irrational hatred for a smaller subset aka fanboys. It's the nature of the beast...

On a personal note looking at it day after day I often find it tiring and often childish.
Old 04-04-07, 07:23 AM
gshb
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yah, threads like this usually make prime candidates for closing...
Old 04-04-07, 07:24 AM
VikH
Lexus Champion

They are just sayin' that cause the G37S is still gonna be slower than the IS350.
Old 04-04-07, 07:24 AM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Two things:

1) Doesn't the IS350 match or even outhandle the G?

2) Who cares about a hand brake or even a manual tranny!! You only need a hand brake if you want a track car, and if you want a "luxury" track car, then buy a real one that is actually a sport car, like an M3... Neither the G35 nor the IS350 are sports cars that need an e-brake or manual... They are daily drivers that are fun to drive... But neither even comes CLOSE to a sports car... Sheesh...

LOL... A "hand brake" on a Japanese "sport sedan"... Give me a ****ing break! ROFL... What next, wanting a manual tranny on an AMG mercedes? These are LUXURY cars, get it through your head... Go looking elsewhere (Porsche, lotus, etc...) if you want a true sports car... These luxury sport sedans (IS350, AMG, M5, Jaguar R) are built for people like me that want power and good handling in a daily driver (i.e. - Automatic tranny and no obnoxious hand brake in the center console)...
Old 04-04-07, 07:26 AM
GNN60GT500
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by G35TOIS350
Taken from a thread over there...

I agree, the IS might be considered sporty... for the 65 year olds

Realistically, the IS is not sporty. It has never been considered sporty nor does it have the characteristics of a sporty vehicle. Yeah, its really quick, but that's not exactly what makes a vehicle sporty.

The IS is a very nice luxury sedan; but to most enthusiasts, its not quite sporty enough to be considered sport.

give me a break
I say this time and time again-

3 series, G35- I dont want to hear a damn thing about how "sporty" they are

Road feel? PLEASE-

Compared to my old Shelby's the G35 and 3 series feels like your driving a microwave-

IS350, G35, 3 series- they all feel disconnected compared to a race car- even a 40 year old one..LOL- of course they would probably describe them as "unrefined" or some BS like that-

All of these people do is read magazines and regurgitate whatever they read back onto the forum boards-

But hey, whatever lets them sleep at night-

IMHO the EVO and STI are more sports cars then the 3 series and Gs- but then again they would call them unrefined too- thats what the magazines say-LOL
Old 04-04-07, 07:26 AM
MLevinson
Pole Position

Consider the source of the information and it become clear - just a bunch of fanboys that when it comes down to it, have little to no knowledge of the Engineering/Science that goes into building a car. Let them think that the G or anything that Nissan offers is better [I love re-occuring argument is always the G is a "bargain"]. It's a bargain all right - bargain basement. As I said before, the G is nothing more than a Japanese Trans-am. Who cannot make a car handle great by installing a rock-hard suspension..? Blose sound systems, rattle-trap ****-poor assembled interiors, ect, ect. A more accuracte statement should be the ISx50 is for the "mature".

I've owned a G, my 1st Nissan product and will be my last; but to each is their own
Old 04-04-07, 07:56 AM
IS_Mine
Lexus Test Driver

I just laugh -- but then wait till the new G37 comes out.

Thats when its going to get nasty.
Old 04-04-07, 07:57 AM
IS_Mine
Lexus Test Driver

If driving a G35 makes you a true enthusiast I wonder what they say about Vette owners? = /
Old 04-04-07, 08:02 AM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

It's real simple:

1. Go to the auto show or the infiniti dealer and sit in a new g35. It's totally cheesy.
2. their nav is a joke. everything must be touch screen. Theirs is bs
3. go to dragtimes.com and compare the new g35 vs. is350 vs 335i You will see that we kick butt
4. emm look at what car it's designed to look alike. hehe
5. did i mention how crappy the g's interior is.

6. this point is actually in the g's favor. For the price. I think the g35 is an excellent buy. Would I put it in the same league as the is. No!!!

Quick Reply: Wow, bunch of haters over on the G board