IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

dealer scratched up baby :(

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-07, 08:49 PM
evilpimper
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dealer scratched up baby :(

my brand new is came for service today to the lexus service center in bay ridge Brooklyn Ny.
i get the car back 4 hours later and notice they washed my car.
i figure that when i went there the first time, my service adviser who remembered me since i was there just 2 days ago would remember that i asked for no car wash and that i love to detail my car.

i get out get to my friends house and realize around 50 new scratches.
i call up my adviser and tell him about the scratches. he starts telling me it wasnt me blah blah, and told me to get there "immediately"
i get there in around 15 minutes and pull up. being that i pulled up right after i got the car back to check the lights, i get there 30 minutes later and pull in these guys look at me like im crazy.
im only 17 so these guys probably dont take me seriously.
i start pointing out soo many scratches. most not visible without sunlight.
so i pull out my detail brush and my flashlight from the glove compartment.
i point them out and there trying to get me out of there.
i start to go on telling him that this car is hand washed by me twice a week.
i show him all the crazy things i bought in the trunk. still hes telling me im going to have to speak to the admin or the supervisor etc..

this is when im angry i tell him you know what. im returning the car. its not right for me to wait 4 hours in a lounge watching cnn where all they do is try to scare people. and then get my car with lights that aren't aligned properly and brand new scratched on a brand new lexus is350 07 RED!!~

this is when he thinks im bluffing and etcc. im like about to call my dealer and my father etc...

so he asks my friend to step out the car and tell me to have a seat. he says ok. we'll buff the scratches out. we get to the paint place and he start to buff all the scratches. this doesn't solve the swirl problem and scratches on the sills and the windows.

so after that he gets real with me and says **** happens. w.e
and gave me a bottle of the buff wax or w.e they used and told me to wax it on(lightly) and get rid of the scratches.
so now im at a loss. i get exceptional service but now im going to lose a layer of the paint and my sills will be forever scratched

any advice guys?>
im about to file something for the sills and windows.
i know that to get something done you must complain and raise hell.
otherwise i would of been turned to the door(exit)
Old 04-04-07, 08:57 PM
jimjaix
Lead Lap

Call the Lexus corporate office and complain, that's what I would do. And ask them to repaint your old car and while they are repainting your whole car. And do you know the mechanic's name?
Old 04-04-07, 09:01 PM
evilpimper
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jimjaix
Call the Lexus corporate office and complain, that's what I would do. And ask them to repaint your old car and while they are repainting your whole car. And do you know the mechanic's name?
old?
well are you sure that not too excessive?
i dont want a bad rep with lexus.

you really think they would repaint it. its like 2 days short from being a month old (mine)
so i guess they would just buff it for me.

im still going to try the wax they give me tomorrow and then wax with what i have to protect and see what it does.
but i definitely want to complain about the scratched windshield. if those scratches are there tmro when i wash then i would like to know what i can do?
Old 04-04-07, 09:07 PM
GATO
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

using the chain of command......before corporate, you simply need to talk with the GM of the dealer.....not the GSM....The GM.

Also, Meguire's offers a good product for deeper wounds.

Good luck.
Old 04-04-07, 09:12 PM
evilpimper
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GATO
using the chain of command......before corporate, you simply need to talk with the GM of the dealer.....not the GSM....The GM.

Also, Meguire's offers a good product for deeper wounds.

Good luck.
so what should i come in and tell him?
if i speak with him id like to be able to state my /case
i dont want to talk to him and make him make me feel stupid.
i dont really want my fathers help with this so i want to complain tomorrow.
or ill just return the car an take a loss.
just to **** em off. even thow that very childish,
i just dont appreciate them scratching/damaging my brand new car.
Old 04-04-07, 09:16 PM
jimjaix
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by evilpimper
old?
well are you sure that not too excessive?
i dont want a bad rep with lexus.

you really think they would repaint it. its like 2 days short from being a month old (mine)
so i guess they would just buff it for me.

im still going to try the wax they give me tomorrow and then wax with what i have to protect and see what it does.
but i definitely want to complain about the scratched windshield. if those scratches are there tmro when i wash then i would like to know what i can do?
I mean whole lol, anyway you can also talk to the saleman that you bought your car from and ask him; usually they are friendly because you are their customer and they will try to help you. If that doesn't work just use GATO's advice.

I was at the service center today too : ) with my IS 250 AWD, was having problem with my rear wheels, they are making clicking sounds (hard to explain what sound it is) and spoke with one of the tech they said that this is normal all the IS, SC, LS etc have this sound. Something to do with emergency brake, and it only applys the rear wheels for some reason.

Originally Posted by evilpimper
or ill just return the car an take a loss.
DON'T DO THAT, bring it up and have them fix their fault
Old 04-04-07, 09:24 PM
evilpimper
Driver School Candidate

alright i guess ill go there tomorrow ill see
maybe not.
ill prolly wait. because i dont want to waiste a beautiful day in ny on my spring break
Old 04-04-07, 09:33 PM
jimjaix
Lead Lap

Wonder how you got a Lexus when you are 17 lol, guess your parents are mad wealthy like that
Old 04-04-07, 11:31 PM
jimmy213
Driver School Candidate

wow, all i can say is your lucky you didnt get a black IS and have this happen to you, since you got a matador red IS theres a good chance you can get your car looking better than new with a good polishing/detail, good luck bro
Old 04-05-07, 01:44 AM
Ichigo
Pole Position

i dont know about getting your car completely repainted. Yelling and screaming will get you no where. Just be rational about it and think about what you can realistically expect to get. You arent going to get a new car and you arent going to get a new paint job.
Old 04-05-07, 06:02 AM
SerKevin
Pole Position

Good luck with this. I've had a similar experience, after getting the car scratched pretty bad from one of the free washes, I explicitly told them NOT to wash the car and they did anyway... with about the same results you got. My car was all of 3 weeks old at the time too.

After several attempts to straiten things out with their customer satisfaction rep I did end up calling Lexus Corporate (they also flubbed up a moonroof repair too). I didn't want to go that route but they left me no choice.

Long story short, they did fix the roof but told me tough ***** on the scratches. I buffed the car out myself and with a good coat of wax you cannot tell.

My advice would be to have the car buffed and threaten their life if the try to wash it again (just kidding on the last part).

Again good luck, I totally understand how frustrating this situation is.
Old 04-05-07, 08:11 AM
ngogsr
Driver

yes NEVER let Lexus wash your car, they leave swirl marks all over !!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-05-07, 10:28 AM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man... my car came with a million very light scratch marks all over it that I can only see when looking too close in the sun or for some reason very will under the flourecent lights in my garage. I was told by several people that thats just the way brand new black cars come. I had the Perma Plate done over it anyway and now they are there for ever I guess. So do you guys recommend not having lexus was the car even if you go the prema plate coating and have the lifetime warrenty on the paint with it?
Old 04-05-07, 10:34 AM
IS_Mine
Lexus Test Driver

Ahhhh the joy of tungston pearl.

I am sorry to hear about what happened, I would be just as unhappy. I find it bull that they can wash your car and damage it and not be held responsible for it. Good luck!
Old 04-05-07, 10:36 AM
y2ks2k
CL Folding Freak

I barely drive my IS350. 5K miles in a year. My work parking spot is no where near any other car. When I do need to park somewhere, I park away from cars and rarely have been next to another car. But I took my IS350 into the dealer for its first oil change (5K miles which was a year after I bought it) and a few days later I found a huge door ding on a body crease. It was something nasty. I’m absolutely sure it happened at the dealer. It was raining pretty hard that day and my normal “walk around the car” at that point missed the dent.

Quick Reply: dealer scratched up baby :(