IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Brake squeak

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-07, 07:25 PM
lexus250
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake squeak

My brakes squeak like crazy every time i stop i feel like im in a honda (nothing against honda just its not a lexus) has anyone found a way to fix this who have experenaced this.......i only have 16000k on the car, and they still have more then half the life left.

Do i need to buy new brakes for this not to happen......what to dochould it have to do with the excess brake dust on the wheels..

I really dont want the ceramic ones....
Old 04-06-07, 08:36 PM
ReLexin
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

a little silicon spray will work.
Old 04-06-07, 08:55 PM
dappy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I experienced the same problem and likely many folks here too. I brought my car to Lexus during my scheduled maintenance and informed them to also inspect the brakes. I had 80% remaining on my front pads and 90% left on my rear. I also have 16025km on my vehicle. They cleaned and lubricated the pads and polished the rotors for free as it is still under warranty. The car stops without a sound now. I love Lexus service.
Old 04-06-07, 09:36 PM
qwerty123
Driver School Candidate

After washing my IS I would get a squeal for about a minute or two of driving. Decided to have Lexus service the car for brake dust (I said nothing about squeal). Made appointment Wednesday done on Friday. Brake dust has greatly reduced and that washing squeal (I'll call it) was gone. By the way it's a TSB (BR002-06) from Lexus and covered under warranty
Make the appointment if you haven't done so
Good Luck
Old 04-07-07, 06:53 AM
is_elf
Driver

My IS only have 6K miles on it and I have the dredded squeal as well. I hate it. When it is time to get new pad what would all of you recomend? I know there are other threads...but if you all could help me out that would be great. The ones I have create an huge amount of brake dust all over my rims...any sugestions?
Old 04-07-07, 11:25 AM
Gtidan
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Most of the time when new cars have brake squeal it can be traced back to the owners who have been 'hot rodding' their new car and slamming on the brakes before they've had a chance the bed. My guess is that has been the case here although I doubt anyone would admit to it.

Funny my brakes don't squeal, my dash does not rattle and my radio speakers haven't broken nor does my car pull to the left or right. On top of that my gas tank has not sprung a leak and the leather seats look like new and the car is a quiet as a bank vault.

Man, I must be really, really lucky...huh?

Last edited by Gtidan; 04-07-07 at 11:28 AM. Reason: grammar
Old 04-07-07, 12:10 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,014 Likes on 2,431 Posts

Originally Posted by Gtidan
Most of the time when new cars have brake squeal it can be traced back to the owners who have been 'hot rodding' their new car and slamming on the brakes before they've had a chance the bed. My guess is that has been the case here although I doubt anyone would admit to it.

Funny my brakes don't squeal, my dash does not rattle and my radio speakers haven't broken nor does my car pull to the left or right. On top of that my gas tank has not sprung a leak and the leather seats look like new and the car is a quiet as a bank vault.

Man, I must be really, really lucky...huh?
I would say so. I've had two buzzes in my car, but none of the other problems. I've never had brake squeal on anything I owned unless I wore the pads down to the metal. I've bedded pads many times, and it's the first thing I do with a brand new car.

My dash doesn't rattle, but I did have the left ear buzz from the driver's door (same as Dj_AmtraX), and just recently I've developed a buzz from the right rear that I have not located nor have I had Lexus fix it. They were able to fix the first though, and I suspect they'll have no issue finding and solving the second. I think the buzz is exacerbated by increased noise from tire wear - I have 24k on my tires now, and expect another 6k or so before they are down to the legal limit.
Old 04-08-07, 05:07 PM
is_elf
Driver

I have the same problem with my brakes...but I only have 6,000 miles on my 250. When it is time to get new ones what would you guys suggest? I also wante ones that do not produce as much brake dust as my current ones do now. They make my front rims look like crap. Thanks