Help! Acura TSX 6spd with Navi or IS250 6spd

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-07, 11:42 PM
ABC
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lawlor8042
the lexus interior blows the acuras away
Yup, i agree. I test drove a tsx before i bought the IS and i was kind of surprised with the lack of quality in the tsx interior. I then sat in the Is and my decision was made
Old 04-08-07, 11:57 PM
dkcivic82
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When you sit in a Acura TSX it feels like a regular car with the interior and navi looking old style. When you sit inside a Lexus, it makes your feel high class like your sitting a luxury refined car with elegant interior. It made me feel like a million dollars and it drives like your walking on water..
Old 04-09-07, 12:17 AM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

I was between the IS250 and the TSX too.

Obviously I picked the IS250, but it really was a hard choice.

Right now you can get $5500 off an IS250 so that alone should be a no brainer for you to get an IS250.
Old 04-09-07, 12:46 AM
Drunkebuda
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Okay i have two car, i own them both , the reason i got the is250 insted of the 350 is because i am wating for the is-f , the Tsx is good if you are going to have passengers there is more leg room. The Tsx have more options for your money. If you get the is without navi you will regret it , The navi on the tsx is well better then lexus due to no need for a navi hack for you to use navi while running the car. The back up cam is what sold me on the is navi... Also the is250 is more quite inside the cabin then the tsx. The interior of the is250 is far better then the TSX. This is also not a stock tsx i done some mods

Old 04-09-07, 01:45 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

And to help everyone compare interiors:

Old 04-09-07, 02:15 AM
omgitsroy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

drunkebuda.. handlin wise.. which do you think is better... stock to stock...
Old 04-09-07, 02:53 AM
MoLexus
Lexus Test Driver

I bought my sister a Red/Parchment TSX in 2004, she has 39,000 miles on it and I drive it everyonce in awhile. Now the IS is so much more quieter and refined on the inside (I have 31,000 miles on my 250) when your gunning it. Also Lexus dealerships and service is uncomparable, Acura seems like a Honda dealership but with marble floors instead of ceramic.It seems as if her TSX needs new motor mounts already because in start up or in idle the car shakes also the leather wears out pretty quickly. I have the best of both worlds in my garage and all in all you can't go wrong with the IS. Good luck.
Old 04-09-07, 10:35 AM
iobidder
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Drunkebuda
Okay i have two car, i own them both , the reason i got the is250 insted of the 350 is because i am wating for the is-f , the Tsx is good if you are going to have passengers there is more leg room. The Tsx have more options for your money. If you get the is without navi you will regret it , The navi on the tsx is well better then lexus due to no need for a navi hack for you to use navi while running the car. The back up cam is what sold me on the is navi... Also the is250 is more quite inside the cabin then the tsx. The interior of the is250 is far better then the TSX. This is also not a stock tsx i done some mods
Sick TSX, Mugen grill sets off the front.

I think in General, both cars are going to have flaws, and to ask about which car is better on a Lexus forum is a no brainer. Currently owning a TSX, I will tell you that you cannot go wrong with that purchase, at all, and to be honest both the IS and the TSX interiors feel cheap. However both cars are smooth, and you get more for your money with the TSX. So, making a choice is obviously up to you, I would consider if I want FWD or RWD. That would help you make your choice. Also, the navigation by Honda is known to be the best navigation system a car manufacturer has ever made. Just something to consider as well.
Old 04-09-07, 01:32 PM
em199si
Driver School Candidate

thanks for all the input.

Where can I get the $5500 discount? That should be enough to get the IS250 w. Navi.
Old 04-09-07, 01:45 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

we have both! i have the IS 350 and the wife has a new TSX. both are great cars. The IS is a little more of a sports sedan then the TSX. you can tell the fit and finish between both. you need to drive them both and see what feels better to you. i dont care to drive the TSX but its preference at that point. We wish you good luck on either decision!
Good Luck!
Old 04-09-07, 04:18 PM
nighthawk
Pole Position

Girlfriend has a TSX (2007) and I have a IS250 (2006). I like the TSX and made the same decision myself, which was good when my GF decided she wanted the car. You do get a lot for a little price compared to the Lexus. Sometimes I actualy feel more comforatable in the TSX than the Lexus. For me I like the Lexus better sometimes and the TSX better other times. The nav I like better in the Lexus as its is a sharper display, but the TSX Navi does a lot more.

Regarding RWD, I wouldn't put too much wait on that since you are talking IS250 and TSX since both are not too powerfull. If they were it would be a differant story, but with the amount of power it won't be noticable.

If you cannot get nav in the lexus, then get the TSX w/NAVI, period.
Old 04-09-07, 07:14 PM
Soda
Pole Position

I traded my TSX in for my 350!!! Check w/insurance too, my tsx was a small fortune and I have a perfect driving record..Plus the lexus U turns WAY tighter than the TSX, which makes parking way too easy! The Tsx will soon need to change the body, the lex is only a 1 1/2 yrs old.
Old 04-09-07, 07:54 PM
em199si
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by nighthawk
Girlfriend has a TSX (2007) and I have a IS250 (2006). I like the TSX and made the same decision myself, which was good when my GF decided she wanted the car. You do get a lot for a little price compared to the Lexus. Sometimes I actualy feel more comforatable in the TSX than the Lexus. For me I like the Lexus better sometimes and the TSX better other times. The nav I like better in the Lexus as its is a sharper display, but the TSX Navi does a lot more.

Regarding RWD, I wouldn't put too much wait on that since you are talking IS250 and TSX since both are not too powerfull. If they were it would be a differant story, but with the amount of power it won't be noticable.

If you cannot get nav in the lexus, then get the TSX w/NAVI, period.
How much did you pay for the IS250 w/ Navi.
Old 04-09-07, 08:37 PM
nighthawk
Pole Position

33290 before TTL...500 over invoice back in may '06
Old 04-09-07, 08:45 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by em199si
thanks for all the input.

Where can I get the $5500 discount? That should be enough to get the IS250 w. Navi.
Do a little research on Edmunds.com, or one of the other car sites, and work up the dealer invoice price. Then go to the dealers and start haggling at the invoice price. 250's are in plentiful supply in CA and dealers are willing to deal aggressively to get them moving off the lot.

Quick Reply: Help! Acura TSX 6spd with Navi or IS250 6spd