IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

No more Lexus for me...

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-07, 03:50 PM
OutlawsX
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I kinda see what he's saying here. I often times have to go to areas for work that I would rather not take my ride to. I don't like the face a door ding to my car... so I take the backup Scion TC to those locations. At least the paint wont cost me as much, and I don't feel the pain on a 17k car compare to a 40k car.
Old 04-13-07, 03:59 PM
neova
Pole Position

Guys, chill.

Paying for a car in full with cash/cheque doesn't make you richer/smarter and those who lease poorer/dumber. Car is a depreciating assest, what's the hurry to pay upfront for it? Paying off a house, on the otherhand, would be wiser.

If you have a high lease rate then yes - it's foolish to lease vs. buy. But Lexus' rates are like 3.9% (3.1% if you put in multiple refundable security deposits) it makes leasing a better option because you can use your free cash to invest (even just putting it in an ING direct account will net your 3.5% interest) or pay off other asset that has an appreciating value (i.e. house).

Anyways, I'm not starting an argument on lease vs. buy, but just wanted to illustrate that we should not jump to conclusion about why people lease a car even if they have the cash to buy it out in full. We all have our reasons for one choice over another and besides, we're not here to judge and just here to share/enjoy our IS.

And, just give that guy a break. He probably doesn't feel his current driving environment is worth spending money on a luxuary car for. If it's going to get damages/scratched, let it be a honda.. at least it's less costly to maintain/repair.

cheers
Old 04-13-07, 04:55 PM
iceman1117
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by neova
Guys, chill.

Paying for a car in full with cash/cheque doesn't make you richer/smarter and those who lease poorer/dumber. Car is a depreciating assest, what's the hurry to pay upfront for it? Paying off a house, on the otherhand, would be wiser.

If you have a high lease rate then yes - it's foolish to lease vs. buy. But Lexus' rates are like 3.9% (3.1% if you put in multiple refundable security deposits) it makes leasing a better option because you can use your free cash to invest (even just putting it in an ING direct account will net your 3.5% interest) or pay off other asset that has an appreciating value (i.e. house).

Anyways, I'm not starting an argument on lease vs. buy, but just wanted to illustrate that we should not jump to conclusion about why people lease a car even if they have the cash to buy it out in full. We all have our reasons for one choice over another and besides, we're not here to judge and just here to share/enjoy our IS.

And, just give that guy a break. He probably doesn't feel his current driving environment is worth spending money on a luxuary car for. If it's going to get damages/scratched, let it be a honda.. at least it's less costly to maintain/repair.

cheers
Very well said. I couldn't have said it better. To the guy with the Civic. Hope your car brings you better luck and driving conditions in your city improve to that you wont feel bad about owning a luxury car again. Good Luck!
Old 04-13-07, 07:16 PM
Cleric
Driver

Originally Posted by dominant1
Well lets look at this thread in reverse. suppose i went to a Honda si forum and posted this " hey guys i didn't like my si so i upgraded to a is-350. The si didn't make enough power its features are limited, and i cant stand the 4 banger buzz on the highway. The car just felt like a tin can......so an upgrade to my lexus was warranted.

Do you think the info i just gave those Honda owners on their forum would be useful to them...No, it would be an insult to post that on a Honda forum when i know those guys are loyal to their product.....

this guy did just that, and he should know that threads like this are not useful to IS owners.
If it's so useless why are you continuously responding to it? We don't know all the reasons for his decision nor is it really any of our business. It is a waste of time to speculate his reasoning. I agree his post does not provide much useful information or benefit to anyone here, but neither does many threads that make it on this board.
Old 04-13-07, 07:46 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,294 Likes on 1,399 Posts

Originally Posted by dominant1
you responded to what I've said, I've responded to what others have said ..thats why I'm continuing to post, people are responding to my responses doesn't that make sense... !
I am responding to your post asking you to exit this thread please. You've made your point and are now just contributing to continuing arguments.

A moderator has asked:
Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Guys how about show some class and say goodbye or tell him stick around, not get into his financial situation.

No personal attacks, no insults, no inappropriate language or this thread is closed, thanks.
Old 04-13-07, 07:57 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,294 Likes on 1,399 Posts

This thread is closed.