IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

► Park assist nightmare [pictures] (dealer installs e-bay crap, not park assist)

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-07, 03:03 PM
kqt2ktval
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go get them Daisy1, you have the support of the CL community.
Old 05-01-07, 03:05 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Daisy1
unbelievable
Definately get them for false advertisement. Park Assist feature is different than Parking Sensors.

That's like looking for a car with a Nav system, and them putting an aftermarket one when they told you it would be OEM.

Call Corporate, and mention the word "Lawyer" once. They can spend $500 on a bumper, or $5000 on a lawyer...
Old 05-01-07, 03:05 PM
Buds
Lexus Test Driver

Wow. This is starting to remind me of that corvette a few months ago that a dealer wrecked when in for service and refused to fix it. Tons of Corvette owners flooded the dealership with phone calls and in the end, the internet backlash eventually led to a positive result.

http://www.consumerist.com/consumer/...ted-224967.php
Old 05-01-07, 03:28 PM
Daisy1
Rookie

(Daisy's husband here)

well I don't have any respect for those scammers anymore. They called us few times to schedule and then reschedule this bumper change and they told us that everything will be fine. Suddenly today we got a phonecall that if we want they could paint existing sensors and lower the volume for this annoying beeper?!!!!!!!!!!

WTF ..maybe they think, that I will beg for something that should be done in the first place. I'm very persistent person and believe me that they will be sorry that they even try to pull something like that.
Old 05-01-07, 03:40 PM
cancellino
Pole Position

Good Luck and I hope you take them to them to the cleaners; that is absolutely BS. I am amazed at your patience. The audacity of them. I think you should ad the News to your list, in Vegas as well as AZ they have "News Three (3) on your side"...it is amazing what gets done with some publicity.
Old 05-01-07, 03:47 PM
illawgical
Driver

good luck on this matter.. it's utter BS that they're taking back their word on this.
Old 05-01-07, 03:53 PM
homer4598
Pole Position

I can't imagine that Lexus Corporation would be happy about the situation.
Old 05-01-07, 04:13 PM
TWQ83
Rookie

There's no way in hell that Corporate has even an Idea that this is going on .......... I believe that this is a result of an In House discission. Some goober is thinking he's going to save the day with another fantastic option to make everything alright......... What a Bone head manuever .......... Don't give them any more options .......... walk in and DEMAND the new bumper and the Reduction for the Park Assist, in the form of a check, that instant. Then run to the bank and cash the check ......... and when there finished find a new dealership to do your service work at ............. and DON'T FORGET the Survey!!!!!! Make sure you give them a 2% or 5 % good, if you give them zero they will write it off as a mistake........

Have fun ......
Old 05-01-07, 04:13 PM
jdoolitt
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Threads: 233,423, Posts: 2,437,375, Members: 67,328

I would point them to this thread on CL, and let them know that a good number of the 67K forum members are intently watching this thread waiting to see if they do the right thing...

grrrrrrr
Old 05-01-07, 06:14 PM
MoLexus
Lexus Test Driver

Please keep us posted on what happens. Good luck.
Old 05-01-07, 06:15 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by cancellino
Good Luck and I hope you take them to them to the cleaners; that is absolutely BS. I am amazed at your patience. The audacity of them. I think you should ad the News to your list, in Vegas as well as AZ they have "News Three (3) on your side"...it is amazing what gets done with some publicity.
This is exactly the type of story your local TV outlets Consumer Affairs segment just eats up. A high profile company, a false product sold at a ridiculous markup, bad treatment of the consumer, a promise to 'make it right' and then reneging, this is a story just waiting to be covered. I'd try going to Lexus one last time, but I'd casually mention that you are also contacting station xyz about this situation. That should get some attention if the goofballs have any brains.
Old 05-01-07, 06:16 PM
taylorjste
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jdoolitt
Threads: 233,423, Posts: 2,437,375, Members: 67,328

I would point them to this thread on CL, and let them know that a good number of the 67K forum members are intently watching this thread waiting to see if they do the right thing...

grrrrrrr

hmmm.. not sure that those idiots would show much concern about the collective roar of the CL community.. but it definitely brings up a good point.. im very interested in hearing how these guys deal with this situation.. as disappointed as i am in this dealership, i feel confident that corporate will take care of this issue quickly.. its obvious that this dealership has lost sight of the company's mantra.. passionately pursuing cheap imations that lack fit and finish in order to secure a sale..
Old 05-01-07, 07:02 PM
ABC
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

omg, i can't believe they went back on their word like that. Corporate needs to find out about this!!
Old 05-01-07, 09:44 PM
Daisy1
Rookie

Tell me about it...I couldn't believe my ears.

It is not going to be pretty from now on. We will contact Lexus Corporate and BBB tomorrow and I will call Lisa Madigan which is our attorney general. Her office have special Consumer Protection Division with Consumer Fraud Bureau subdivision for cases like this one.

Last edited by Daisy1; 05-01-07 at 09:54 PM.
Old 05-01-07, 09:48 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

certainly that dealership will listen to the CL community. you think i didn't check into buying a car in chicago when i was searching all over the midwest? you think i didn't hit the local dealerships after attending ToL? I called around, too. If I knew the name of this particular dealership, I will be sure never to ever buy a Lexus vehicle from them....ever. Post the name of the dealership here and watch the word spread.

Quick Reply: ► Park assist nightmare [pictures] (dealer installs e-bay crap, not park assist)