IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

► Park assist nightmare [pictures] (dealer installs e-bay crap, not park assist)

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-07, 07:45 AM
cip
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Which dealer? We have 8 dealers in the Chicago area competing for our business, many dealers don't have that kind of competition. They should consider more than the ~ #35k sale; think how much they'll get from maintenance/ repairs, the referrals.

I hate seeing these dealers advertise their 'Lexus Elite' status year after year when they're getting more & more like the old school way of car dealing: get the customer in, sell the car, never give another thought to the sale.

I just need to ask, why have you not dialed 1-800-255-3987 yet (Lex Corporate)? This will help your case, if the dealer is getting complaints on a regular basis, they WILL get pressure from corporate.

Also, have you talked to the owner? They're all individually owned so it's time go past the low man (sales guy).
Old 05-02-07, 09:59 AM
IS_Mine
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by cip
Which dealer? We have 8 dealers in the Chicago area competing for our business, many dealers don't have that kind of competition. They should consider more than the ~ #35k sale; think how much they'll get from maintenance/ repairs, the referrals.

I hate seeing these dealers advertise their 'Lexus Elite' status year after year when they're getting more & more like the old school way of car dealing: get the customer in, sell the car, never give another thought to the sale.

I just need to ask, why have you not dialed 1-800-255-3987 yet (Lex Corporate)? This will help your case, if the dealer is getting complaints on a regular basis, they WILL get pressure from corporate.

Also, have you talked to the owner? They're all individually owned so it's time go past the low man (sales guy).

This is true. To open a Lexus dealership not only do you have to have money but you have to have experience in the sales industry. From what I understand Lexus pretty much hand picks who they want to have their dealerships.

I have to ask again... have you contacted your Regional Sales/Service Lexus guy? Usually when stuff happens like this dealerships call him in to write a wrong and have Corporate pay for it. Sounds to me the dealership knows they were wrong and refuse to own up to it.

Lets just reminder that its this ONE dealership that is the problem and not Lexus itself. What dealership is it?
Old 05-02-07, 10:31 AM
SerKevin
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Daisy1
(Daisy's husband here)

They just ruined my wife's new car buying experience and instead to be happy, she is dissapointed in Lexus service and greed. Personally I just wonder where is their "#1 service" so much advertised all around? All I see is bunch of scammers.
After the experience I had with my first Dealer and the moonroof issues with my car I can understand where you are coming from here. I had the same type of experience, here I was with a new car and I couldn't enjoy the experience of OWNING a new car. I can say that, at the time, I felt the same way you do.

What I have learned from this... not all Lexus Dealerships are created equal and it sounds like you've gotten hold of a REALLY BAD ONE. Having gone to a good Lexus Dealer now, the difference is night and day.

Again, good luck!
Old 05-02-07, 11:33 AM
Daisy1
Rookie

Originally Posted by Buds
Ok, it's been long enough. It's time to name the dealership. I understand why you didn't want to in the first place but this has gone above and beyond anything any of us would have imagined.

Name the dealer... you'd be surprised what some bad publicity can do...
(Daisy's husband here)

I guess you are right about that. I gave them every opportunity to respond in professional way, but they never did.

This nightmare is caused by:
Bredemann Lexus in Glenview, IL
2000 Waukegan Road • Glenview, IL 60025 • ph.: 1 (847) 729-6000

Last edited by Daisy1; 05-02-07 at 11:52 AM.
Old 05-02-07, 11:35 AM
IS_Mine
Lexus Test Driver

I say we mass email their service department about our disappointment!
Old 05-02-07, 11:46 AM
Daisy1
Rookie

You can, if you want. This is their site...just click here and go to About us / contact

I really love that part on their site:

Earning your business is what we do everyday. We feel the greatest compliment one can pay us and confirmation of a good relationship is for them to return to us for their next Lexus and to refer someone they know to us. With the fact that the majority of our business derives from repeat and referral customers, we feel that our philosophy on long term relationships and our 13 year "Elite of Lexus" standing are no coincidence.
I just wonder if by "earning your business" they mean taking my money for stuff I did not even wanted (neither approved)

Last edited by Daisy1; 05-02-07 at 11:56 AM.
Old 05-02-07, 11:53 AM
cip
Pole Position

check ur PM
Old 05-02-07, 11:58 AM
07-IS350
Driver

I checked out their contact info.

You CAN'T email unless you give them your cell phone number?? Required?

Never seen that before.
Old 05-02-07, 12:08 PM
Daisy1
Rookie

Originally Posted by 07-IS350
I checked out their contact info.

You CAN'T email unless you give them your cell phone number?? Required?

Never seen that before.
you can use this number if you don't want to disclose your own

Last edited by Daisy1; 05-02-07 at 12:16 PM.
Old 05-02-07, 12:08 PM
tqlla3k
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you called corporate yet? Or talked to the regional manager?

Its terrible that your car isnt fixed yet. I would go to corporate so you can get the repairs done elsewhere
Old 05-02-07, 12:54 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by IS_Mine
I say we mass email their service department about our disappointment!
yeah, that will help.
Old 05-02-07, 01:54 PM
JC2
Driver School Candidate

thats just freakin rediculous. I would demand a whole new car if i were you. No tellin what they did tryin to install that POS. How can lexus hire technicians that are so stupid?
Old 05-02-07, 02:18 PM
Daisy1
Rookie

I have contacted Lexus Corp. Customer Satisfaction Dept. I told them what had happened, they took my contact info, and someone is to get in touch with me over the next couple of days. We'll see what happens next. I've just about had it! I really wan't this issue to be resolved and try to enjoy my car.
Old 05-02-07, 02:59 PM
G35TOIS350
Lexus Test Driver

crazy! thanks for the update. hope all works out in the end
Old 05-02-07, 03:09 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by JC2
thats just freakin rediculous. I would demand a whole new car if i were you. No tellin what they did tryin to install that POS. How can lexus hire technicians that are so stupid?
The techs don't decide what goes in a car, they just follow what's on the work order.

Quick Reply: ► Park assist nightmare [pictures] (dealer installs e-bay crap, not park assist)