IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

► Park assist nightmare [pictures] (dealer installs e-bay crap, not park assist)

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-07, 06:00 PM
CoasterG
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope everything goes well for you with Lexus corporate.

They tried to rip you off pure and simple, hopefully there isn't an arbitration clause in there because I'm sure the clause will contain provisions for who the arbitrator will be and it'll be someone biased in favor of the dealer for sure - that's why arbitration clauses exist. I would get your legal counsel involved because I'm sure they have theirs involved.
Old 05-03-07, 02:27 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,063 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Post #190 Bump...

I gave you this Great Advice on page 13 back on 4-21-07

I'm not sure if you saw it..

Hope you get everything resolved quickly now!!!

- Joe Z

P.S. - They are still trying to "pull a quick one on you"

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Wow I just speed read through 13 pages!!!

Daisy 1 (husband and wife)

Great work in this thread and great information... !!

Thank you for sharing your experience

Best advice I can give you on this:

The dealer tried to pull a quick one and now they want to fix it for you.

Give them two options.

1.) Have them special order a new car for you, exactly the way you want it and with the OEM Park Assist option.
(ZERO COST TO YOU)

or (the known common dealer fix)

2.) Settle for the Bumper swap from a Brand new car on the lot..
(not a repainted one)

Personally, I would set up an appointment with the General Manger of the Dealership and go over this entire Fiasco..

I am certain if you pushed the right buttons, you can get a new car out of this situation.

Last thing the dealership wants you to do is file a complaint with Lexus Corporate in Torrance, CA...

But you can always let them know you haven't yet, but you are considering it if your requests are not met to best suit you and your wife.

Good Luck

- Joe Z

P.s. > The New Car is very possible!!! It doesn't hurt to try...
Old 05-03-07, 04:00 AM
mctuners
Lead Lap

That is a disaster.
I'm very surprised that any lexus dealer would have installed that kinda cheap looking sensor on your high valued car. now, that luxury car looks devalued.
I just sent them a complaint e-mail. Hope it helps at least a little.
Old 05-03-07, 04:03 AM
mctuners
Lead Lap

We should all send them complaint e-mails. Let's make them react and get this new CL family compensated in a fair way. This even pisses me off as well.
Old 05-03-07, 04:22 AM
geoffers
Driver School Candidate

I am appalled. I can't actually believe anyone would do that. I wouldn't expect that from a back end garage, let alone a Lexus Dealership.

I have just contacted them letting them know that their disgusting work has got back to the UK and is going worldwide. I've mentioned replacing the car or at the very least the bumper immediately, may give them chance to redeem themselves.

As well as contacting there, I looked at the meta tags of the site and saw an email of jeffkobayashi@bredemann.com. Maybe only the web designer but I've asked him to forward it to the highest person in this "Family company"

Perhaps the people higher within the group don't actually know this is happening?
Old 05-03-07, 04:47 AM
Koz

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Post an email address where I/we can send our feelings on how you are being treated and how we are watching it see how Lexus responds.

Koz
Old 05-03-07, 05:45 AM
IS_Mine
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mctuners
That is a disaster.
I'm very surprised that any lexus dealer would have installed that kinda cheap looking sensor on your high valued car. now, that luxury car looks devalued.
I just sent them a complaint e-mail. Hope it helps at least a little.
Geeze the IS is not high valued! Geeze its an entry level luxory sedan! The LS/GS high valued sedan.

LOL -- I love it. When people ask me what I drive I tell them a Corolla.

But on a more serious note I really don't see you getting a new car out of this.. I see a new bumper, maybe one off another new car (which I don't agree with) but not a new car. I seriously hope they replace your bumper ... and I am eagerly waiting what Corporate has to say about this.
Old 05-03-07, 06:15 AM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by IS_Mine
Geeze the IS is not high valued! Geeze its an entry level luxory sedan! The LS/GS high valued sedan.

LOL -- I love it. When people ask me what I drive I tell them a Corolla.

But on a more serious note I really don't see you getting a new car out of this.. I see a new bumper, maybe one off another new car (which I don't agree with) but not a new car. I seriously hope they replace your bumper ... and I am eagerly waiting what Corporate has to say about this.
I think the whole idea of the IS being 'near' luxury, or 'entry level' luxury is nonsensical. What don't we have on the IS that is on the GS? Is the GS built better? No. Better paint or trim? No. Better parts or engine? No. The GS may have a few more options, but not many. The difference is size and cost. The IS is a full fledged Lexus, just like the 3 series Bimmer is a full fledged BMW. I think the car magazines started this 'near' luxury category because they were hung up on the cost thing. Luxury is NOT defined by high cost, unfortunately many people have fallen into that trap. I don't apologize to anybody for 'only' having an IS, and we should stop apologizing for our selection. It's a full fledged Lexus. That's my rant for the morning.

I agree with you, though, a brand new car doesn't seem appropriate in this case. Seems people are pushing for a new car as some sort of punishment for the dealer. I just don't see it happening. There is nothing wrong with the current car except for this option. Removal of it, along with a new bumper, would solve the problem. Why should a new car be offered? Fundamentally it doesn't make sense. On an emotional level one could buy into that premise, but reality rears it's head. Maybe I'm too practical.
Old 05-03-07, 06:51 AM
Daisy1
Rookie

The only thing we asked for was new bumper to replace damage they did and refund for park assist since it will be not installed, and that is what dealer promised to do, before they changed their minds.

We are not expecting miracles, ...we just expect dealer to act as professional business, and fix the problem they created.
Old 05-03-07, 06:58 AM
heyheyhey
Rookie

Thats good of you...

I think you're settling though... because when you signed the papers with them and agreed to get the car, you WANTED park assist.... (the oem one).... and now you have to settle on just a bumper replacement.... I guess this is just a very sucky situation ... sorry to FUEL the rage~
Old 05-03-07, 07:05 AM
tqlla3k
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Evitzee
I think the whole idea of the IS being 'near' luxury, or 'entry level' luxury is nonsensical. What don't we have on the IS that is on the GS? Is the GS built better? No. Better paint or trim? No. Better parts or engine? No. The GS may have a few more options, but not many. The difference is size and cost. The IS is a full fledged Lexus, just like the 3 series Bimmer is a full fledged BMW. I think the car magazines started this 'near' luxury category because they were hung up on the cost thing. Luxury is NOT defined by high cost, unfortunately many people have fallen into that trap. I don't apologize to anybody for 'only' having an IS, and we should stop apologizing for our selection. It's a full fledged Lexus. That's my rant for the morning.

I agree with you, though, a brand new car doesn't seem appropriate in this case. Seems people are pushing for a new car as some sort of punishment for the dealer. I just don't see it happening. There is nothing wrong with the current car except for this option. Removal of it, along with a new bumper, would solve the problem. Why should a new car be offered? Fundamentally it doesn't make sense. On an emotional level one could buy into that premise, but reality rears it's head. Maybe I'm too practical.
Daisy1 could make a case for a new car.... by saying that she was tricked into beleiving that the factory park assist is a dealer installable option.

Now that they have mangled her bumper, with 2 back up sensors(which are NOT park assist sensors, since they dont cover the front and rear sides).... its evident that the park assist is not a dealer installed option. So she will end up with a new painted bumper and... no park assist.

She was misled into buying the car. Its a stretch, but its not impossible.
Old 05-03-07, 09:47 AM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Evitzee

I def agree with you. As a matter of fact I think the IS350 is a much more luxurious car than the GS350. Id rather have my IS than either the ES or the GS anyday.
Old 05-03-07, 09:48 AM
Daisy1
Rookie

^ Thanks to all that have gone out of their way to email/contact Bredemann. I haven't heard from Lexus Corp. yet, hopefully they'll respond within a day or so. I'll keep you posted on the status.
Old 05-03-07, 10:39 AM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by ben_r_
As a matter of fact I think the IS350 is a much more luxurious car than the GS350.
That statement makes no sense, unless your definition of luxury means smaller. Then yes, the IS is MORE luxurious, about a 10 inches more luxurious.
Old 05-03-07, 10:40 AM
BREDEMANN
Driver School Candidate

Default Back-up Sensor

Our dealership installed the back-up sensor system on this client's IS250. We have installed the system on many vehicles and this is the first concern that has ever arisen. He brought to our attention his two concerns: he personally did not like the contrast between the white bumper cover and the black sensors and that the volume was too loud for his liking. After doing some research, we found that the source for the system had only earlier this year began offering a color keyed option. We also verified that the volume can be adjusted. We subsequently ordered the color keyed sensors using the paint code from his car . Our intention is to remove the black sensors and replace them with the color keyed sensors , as well as, adjust the volume to a level more to his liking. Even though this involves additional expense on our part, we believe that we have made a good faith effort to address his/her concerns.

Quick Reply: ► Park assist nightmare [pictures] (dealer installs e-bay crap, not park assist)