IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

► Park assist nightmare [pictures] (dealer installs e-bay crap, not park assist)

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-07, 10:47 AM
IS_Mine
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BREDEMANN
Our dealership installed the back-up sensor system on this client's IS250. We have installed the system on many vehicles and this is the first concern that has ever arisen. He brought to our attention his two concerns: he personally did not like the contrast between the white bumper cover and the black sensors and that the volume was too loud for his liking. After doing some research, we found that the source for the system had only earlier this year began offering a color keyed option. We also verified that the volume can be adjusted. We subsequently ordered the color keyed sensors using the paint code from his car . Our intention is to remove the black sensors and replace them with the color keyed sensors , as well as, adjust the volume to a level more to his liking. Even though this involves additional expense on our part, we believe that we have made a good faith effort to address his/her concerns.

Please tell me this is a joke? Are you serious? Did you inform the customer that it was not going to be OEM? I should hope that in the future that you make your customers aware of what they are getting especially when it isn't OEM parts. I can tell you for sure if you had put that junk on my vehicle there would be a removal for inconsideration on your part. When you take your vehicle to a the dealership you expect to get the best service and at best OEM parts -- this is why we are happy to pay the premium price for LEXUS CERTIFIED techs to work on our vehicles -- there is a trust there.. that you won't take ADVANTAGE of us, and use the best for our cars.

I don't think your decision is just, I'm insulted that you would even bring up the fact that you had to spend *additional* money to right your wrong for this customer. It isn't even flush to the car. If you SAW that the sensors were not color keyed YOUR service tech should have called the customer. You took advantage of a customer and believe me.. I will not recommend your service department to anyone EVER.
Old 05-03-07, 10:56 AM
CoasterG
Lead Lap

Our dealership installed the back-up sensor system on this client's IS250. We have installed the system on many vehicles and this is the first concern that has ever arisen. He brought to our attention his two concerns: he personally did not like the contrast between the white bumper cover and the black sensors and that the volume was too loud for his liking. After doing some research, we found that the source for the system had only earlier this year began offering a color keyed option. We also verified that the volume can be adjusted. We subsequently ordered the color keyed sensors using the paint code from his car . Our intention is to remove the black sensors and replace them with the color keyed sensors , as well as, adjust the volume to a level more to his liking. Even though this involves additional expense on our part, we believe that we have made a good faith effort to address his/her concerns.
Your avoiding the key issue, that the back-up system you installed was not the OEM Parking Assist Option that the purchaser bargained for when they bought the vehicle. The earlier photo of the sales invoice detailed Parking Assist not a $50-100 cheap back-up system that has been marked up 500% or more.

Perhaps your salespeople and dealership should be more specific when such options are discussed with your customers because obviously Mr. and Mrs. Daisy thought they were receiving the OEM Parking Assist, and the price they paid is comporable to the OEM option, not the one you installed.

If your dealership deals above the table then you should stand by your offer to replace the bumper and refund them the money for the option. At a minimum your dealing in shady territory, at the most your fraudulently misrepresenting to your customers the actual option on the vehicle.
Old 05-03-07, 10:56 AM
oklndman
Driver School Candidate

I really tried to stay out of this thread as it's really an issue between the buyer and the dealership, but to come here and post this type of bull***** is absurd.

You need to replace the bumper and hope you don't have any court time. I know if I was given the run-around like Daisy and her husband I would have contacted my attorney first thing. I think you (dealership) are very lucky at how understanding they have been. Now I hope your luck has run out and you get what you justly deserve.

Your fraudulent actions toward a customer ruined their new car buying experience, and not only upset them, but upset those of us that read about it here. I hope people read this or hear about it from Daisy and her husband and stay as far away from your dealership as possible. I'm certain in your area there must be a number of Lexus dealerships, there's no reason to buy from you if this is a reflection of how you treat your customers.
Old 05-03-07, 11:16 AM
tqlla3k
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Our dealership installed the back-up sensor system on this client's IS250. We have installed the system on many vehicles and this is the first concern that has ever arisen. .
If thats the case, why dont you swap out bumpers with another white IS? You can sell the other IS with a back up navigator pre-installed for $500.

The fact is, your dealership installed junk on Daisy's car. No one would pay $500 for that garbage. She was believed that she would get the factory park assist sensors.... as most reasonable people would. Not only is it the wrong color, the sensors are not flush with the bumper and oversized.

The back up navigator which was installed on her car is not Park assist..... its a back up sensor. Thats it. It does not offer the benefits of a park assist system, which help to move forward and avoid obstacles in the rear blind spot.

I believe that Daisy and her husband were more than reasonable in accepting a dealer painted replacement bumper. If it were me, I would be suing to get out of the car...As she was misled into believing that the factory Park assist sensor was a dealer installable option that she would be getting from your dealership

Shame on your dealership for such aweful and underhanded tactics. Lexus is known for customer service and quality. Your dealership did not notify the customer that the "back up navigator" that you were installing was not a factory part.

Your dealership abused that trust, and your dealership has tarnished Lexus's Most valuable asset- Lexus's Reputation for superior customer care.
Old 05-03-07, 11:32 AM
Daisy1
Rookie

Wow!I'm not sure where to begin!
First of all....... when my husband and I decided on the Lexus IS250 AWD we have discussed all of the options we wanted with our sales person. Nav package which came with the vehicle. Additionally, we said we wan't this deal to include a rear spoiler,xm radio & park assist. I would imagine that any one in their right mind who's purchasing a BRAND NEW VEHICLE from a new car dealership would only assume they are getting the "REAL THING" - this was the case with us. If our sales person had come back and said "unfortunately the Lexus Park Assist option is a factory installed option only" but we can offer you "Echo Master" instead, all of this would had been avoided, we would had backed out of this option. Unfortunately, this was not the case.After talking to the sales manager our sales rep. came back saying "no problem these 3 options can be dealer installed" and we sealed the deal!
When I dropped my car off at the service dept. no one had bothered to mention it was not the Lexus Park Assist, but Echo Master.As you can see on the first page of this thread, my paperwork stated We Owe: Park Assist further down Intalled:Rear Sensor. Two different options, with different functionalities. When I returned to pick up my car and saw it I immidately went back to the service desk and asked the rep. "what are those 2 black things sticking out of my bumper"? he replied "it's your rear sensor's" I said it's not Park Assist and they're black!" he replied " you should've asked for a different color" By then I felt cheated. I went back to speak with our sales rep. and have to say he was shocked himself and said they will try to do anything they can to fix this problem to my satisfaction. Later the manager came out and asked "What seems to be the problem?" I wasn't sure how to answer that question without being rude-so I didn't.I simply said what will you do tho fix this problem? He replied let us get back to you ASAP!later we walked into the dealership and took a seat, while everyone else "brainstormed", later the sales manager came out and said "I'm not even sure the IS comes with a the LEXUS PARK ASSIST OPTION-I've never seen one" How about telling me that before we sealed the deal?insted I was led to believe it can be a dealer istalled feature. my husband went out to the car and got the manual which stated that infact the IS does have an option for the Park Assist.Another "Einstein" replied "well, they write the manual, but sometimes back out of some of the option"-Unbelievable. In a day or so my sales rep called back saying that we will be getting a new bumper & a refund for the option we were led to believe we were getting. The following week I was out of town, but my husband was handling the case. Again- we were reassured that we were getting a new bumper installed and a refund! I was scheduled for last Thursday (04/26/07) to bring the car in for the installation, but on Wed @ 8:55 pm I have received a voice message from our sales rep. saying they will have to re-schedule, but will be in touch with us. Next morning (04/26/07) at 8:20 am I had another voice message from the service rep. saying we have the bumper, please call us back to schedule the service. At 10am I had another messsage on my home phone saying we figured out a way to fix the problem by ordering a white rear sensor and bringing down the noise level.I called him back and said " what happened to the bumper?" he replied "i'm just the messenger" but will pass the info on to our general manager. Well, I haven't heard anything back until I had placed a call into our sales rep. on Monday (04/30/07) All he said is that they have taken everthing our of his hands and he is not able to help us anymore, but gave me the direct number back to the service rep. I left him a message saying "I'd like to now what the status is?" Finally...... the general manager called my house (I was still at work) and told my husband they can replace the black sensors with white ones, but no new bumper, and said to my husband "Do what you have to do"- Well....... it just seems like such a typical fly by night dealer "way of doing business" take your money and get the hell out! I think that we have been very patient and tried to be understanding throughout this whole ordeal.
I'am very dissapointed in your dealership and the way we have been treated!

Last edited by Daisy1; 05-03-07 at 11:53 AM.
Old 05-03-07, 11:33 AM
socalJD
Lexus Champion

Baaahaaahaaahaaa - ROTFLMAO . . .

Are you prepared to lose your dealership franchise ??? I guarantee you that Torrance will not take this lightly. Every Lexus dealership is held to a much higher standard than other car brands, but then you should already know this. Wait till your SVP/RGM hears about this. I'll bet Jim Press will not be happy with you'all . . .
Old 05-03-07, 11:34 AM
Daisy1
Rookie

In addition to all that,I did not want to post the dealership information on this message board, because it seemed like you really wanted to fix this unfortunate problem. But I hope that no one else will have to go through what we are dealing with.
instead of enjoying my new car for the last month I have been trying to get if FIXED!

Last edited by Daisy1; 05-03-07 at 11:45 AM.
Old 05-03-07, 11:46 AM
tt061880
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Our dealership installed the back-up sensor system on this client's IS250. We have installed the system on many vehicles and this is the first concern that has ever arisen.
wow, I feel very bad for the many vehicles' owners that you guys installed those cheap *** back-up sensor system. You guys are the true definition of stealership.
Old 05-03-07, 11:48 AM
tqlla3k
Lexus Test Driver

Personally, I will call lexus customer support at 1-800-255-3987(1-800-25-Lexus). And tell them how disappointed I by the deceitful actions of Bredemann Lexus in Glennview Illinois.

I will also let them know that I am very disappointed in the response of the dealership.

I will point them to this thread.

I will let them know that....If the level of service that Daisy has received is indicative of Lexus's standard practice, then I will never buy a Lexus again.

This thread, and the response from the dealership are very upsetting. If Lexus Corporate doesnt resolve this issue in a satisfactory manner(by replacing that bumper), then I will not buy a Lexus again.
Old 05-03-07, 11:50 AM
cip
Pole Position

Wow, this is insane!! I wonder who registered themself as 'BREDEMANN' and is trying to represent the dealership???!!!

And telling a customer "do what you have to do"??!! WOW I guess they're done working with you, huh?

sheeeesh... did not expect that!!
Old 05-03-07, 11:52 AM
LexFather

If we cannot post in a mature manner, this thread will be locked

Old 05-03-07, 11:58 AM
heyheyhey
Rookie

Its funny how even the dealer/service dept, aknowledges that what they installed was not park assist by putting "back-up sensor" on their post title... Park assist does not ONLY help with backing up... it also helps when pulling into a tight spot by letting you know if the front corners of your car is getting too close to another car.... you PAID for park assist... and this "back up" sensor does match the functionality of the park assist because it lacks the front sensors....
Old 05-03-07, 12:40 PM
tqlla3k
Lexus Test Driver

If anyone else wants to contact lexus Customer service to express their dismay, here is the number
1-800-255-3987(1-800-25-Lexus)
Old 05-03-07, 01:08 PM
PROXUS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
If we cannot post in a mature manner, this thread will be locked
I believe this post's content is very mature. People seems to really care about things like that. Unfortunately we can't say that about this dealership. I think that CL forum is making good job in representing people's views and locking this topic would be seen as an act of censorship and favoring dealer's action. If you see inappropriate post, just lock particular member or delete his post.

IMHO it is very good thing that all drivers (Lexus customers) are standing together against pathological behaviours like that. In the same time I'm really surprised and dissapointment that dealer didn't follow his promise and treat his client this way. I just can't imagine that they value their reputation less than price of fixing their own mistake.
Old 05-03-07, 01:39 PM
duckduck
Pole Position

I'm sorry. I feel insulted. You do realize we are a highly informed community geared specifically towards IS250/IS350's. We know what options are available, what BS dealers are telling us, how to hack around the car, every TSIB released for our cars, etc etc. And yet, you assume that you can pull a fast one on this community by finding that the source of the problem is the "color keyed option."

Does your "park assist" offer two front sensors and four rear sensors? Does your "park assist" display how close you are to objects on the nav? Does it display green/orange/red to determine how close you are? Is your "park assist" flush with the bumpers? Is the color of your "park assist" matched with the car?

And the answer is.....no. Oh wait, you're fixing the last question. I'm sorry, but that's still not the Park Assist option that Lexus offers from their factory.

Quick Reply: ► Park assist nightmare [pictures] (dealer installs e-bay crap, not park assist)