IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

► Park assist nightmare [pictures] (dealer installs e-bay crap, not park assist)

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-07, 01:58 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

It's funny how everyone is all worked up over this. It's not like "the surgeon left a sponge in a patient", it's a piece of plastic for crying out loud. I'd hate to see the reaction to some REALLY or important issue.

They should not have signed the post-work release when they picked up the car. I assume they did, without inspecting the vehicle prior to signing, which indicates their acceptance of the terms and work performed.

As ridiculous as all this is... buyer beware.
Old 05-03-07, 02:12 PM
tqlla3k
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TimboIS
It's funny how everyone is all worked up over this. It's not like "the surgeon left a sponge in a patient", it's a piece of plastic for crying out loud. I'd hate to see the reaction to some REALLY or important issue.

They should not have signed the post-work release when they picked up the car. I assume they did, without inspecting the vehicle prior to signing, which indicates their acceptance of the terms and work performed.

Whatever... if you sign the work release after an oil change and drive off with no oil in the car, the dealer isnt responsible for the damage either?

They damaged her car, by installing garbage. She deserves better. And I would dare to say... All Lexus Customers deserve better. These are not cheap cars. We pay a premium price... and part of that price is because we expect a higher level of service. WHY DONT YOU UNDERSTAND THIS?

If Lexus Corportate doesnt resolve this issue in a satisfactory manner then, I guess it is buyer beware & Lexus's reputation for customer service means nothing.

If thats the case, my next car wont be a Lexus.
Old 05-03-07, 02:13 PM
LexFather

Okay, I have read this entire thread. Let me give some history here, I've bought multiple Lexus as my family. I've bought from multiple dealerships and now strictly deal with Hennessy Lexus of Gwinnett as they are IMO THE STANDARD all other dealers should follow, ANY brand of car. I know Lexus just a lil We refuse to deal with the other Atlanta area dealers as they simply do not respect the Lexus covenant that is HANGING ON EVERY DEALERSHIP WALL.
To Daisy and her husband, (and I may have missed it) did this dealership tell you they were going to cut the bumper and describe how this park sensor would look on the car?

Because since the dealer claims they have installed "many" vehicles, I am surprised they didn't have one in stock to show you?

Two, the dealer is SUPPOSED to tell you "you know we have to cut into your bumper right? They learned this problem years ago when people wanted to get front license plates installed and the bumper had to be cut open with holes. Well imagine people's surprise not being told, they have holes in their front bumper, when they don't want the license plate anymore.

So even looking past the fact they sold you some e-bay $2 dollar crap, they should have told you "hey, you are going to have some black nimples on your white car".

Common sense no? I mean, at what point does common sense come into play??
"Hey lets install these black nimples on this customers brand new black car and tell them whatever we want".

I am almost enraged at the lies this Lexus customer was given and the experience they have gone through. They were LIED to. That is not park assist, that is a damn $2 e-bay crapo sensor.

Here is the Lexus covenant you might have forgetten Mr. Dealership.
http://pictures.dealer.com/bobbyraha...fb41dd19dd.jpg

Lexus will enter the most competitive,
prestigious automobile race in the world.
Over 50 years of Toyota automotive experience
has culminated in the creation of Lexus cars.
They will be the finest cars ever built.

Lexus will win the race because
Lexus will do it right from the start.
Lexus will have the finest
dealer network in the industry.

Lexus will treat each customer
as we would a guest in our home.

If you think you can't, you won't...
If you think you can, you will!
We can, we will.

What kind of Lexus dealer pulls a stunt like this???? They should be ASHAMED of their behavior.

Old 05-03-07, 02:16 PM
Daisy1
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You're right it's not like "the surgeon left a sponge in a patient", and since it is a piece of plastic, why can't the responsible party (the dealer) be responsible enough and stand by their word. Mind you, they did say in the beginning that they will replace the bumper with a new one & refund me for the option. I didn't buy this car on sale/used or from the "fly by night dealership" I walked into what I thought was a professional dealership and expect to be treated with respect.Instead, we were led to believe we were getting Park Assist not Echo Master.I believe they had based this sale on a lie by saying yes, the Park Assist option will be dealer installed.Not- We can't install the Park Assist but will install Echo Master.

In that case, next time you walk into a new car dealership and want a navgation system or a rear spoiler, you need to put in in writing that it infact will be the "real thing" and not a handheld nav or a wing spoiler from a Honda (nothing wrong with a honda, just an example )
Old 05-03-07, 02:18 PM
LexFather

So lets review the covenant.
1. They DIDN'T get it right from the start.
2. This is not even close to the finest dealer in the country. As a matter of fact, not even Billy Bob's Used Car Paradise or MY LOCAL CHOPSHOP (i.e buy stolen cars) would have pulled a stunt like this over a customer.
3. The customer wasn't treated like a guest in their home. If this is how you treat a guest in your home, I don't EVER EVER EVER want to visit. As a matter of fact, your home must be HELL to do this to a guest. Its like someone asking "can I get some milk" and you give the person similac to drink instead.

I ask the dealer that is reading this to make this right. You are a Lexus dealership, please respect your customer do what is right.

Old 05-03-07, 02:25 PM
Daisy1
Rookie

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Okay, I have read this entire thread. Let me give some history here, I've bought multiple Lexus as my family. I've bought from multiple dealerships and now strictly deal with Hennessy Lexus of Gwinnett as they are IMO THE STANDARD all other dealers should follow, ANY brand of car. I know Lexus just a lil We refuse to deal with the other Atlanta area dealers as they simply do not respect the Lexus covenant that is HANGING ON EVERY DEALERSHIP WALL.
To Daisy and her husband, (and I may have missed it) did this dealership tell you they were going to cut the bumper and describe how this park sensor would look on the car?

Because since the dealer claims they have installed "many" vehicles, I am surprised they didn't have one in stock to show you?

Two, the dealer is SUPPOSED to tell you "you know we have to cut into your bumper right? They learned this problem years ago when people wanted to get front license plates installed and the bumper had to be cut open with holes. Well imagine people's surprise not being told, they have holes in their front bumper, when they don't want the license plate anymore.

So even looking past the fact they sold you some e-bay $2 dollar crap, they should have told you "hey, you are going to have some black nimples on your white car".

Common sense no? I mean, at what point does common sense come into play??
"Hey lets install these black nimples on this customers brand new black car and tell them whatever we want".

I am almost enraged at the lies this Lexus customer was given and the experience they have gone through. They were LIED to. That is not park assist, that is a damn $2 e-bay crapo sensor.

Here is the Lexus covenant you might have forgetten Mr. Dealership.
http://pictures.dealer.com/bobbyraha...fb41dd19dd.jpg

Lexus will enter the most competitive,
prestigious automobile race in the world.
Over 50 years of Toyota automotive experience
has culminated in the creation of Lexus cars.
They will be the finest cars ever built.

Lexus will win the race because
Lexus will do it right from the start.
Lexus will have the finest
dealer network in the industry.

Lexus will treat each customer
as we would a guest in our home.

If you think you can't, you won't...
If you think you can, you will!
We can, we will.

What kind of Lexus dealer pulls a stunt like this???? They should be ASHAMED of their behavior.
My Husband and I were outside with our sales person discussing the diferent option on my car, and were standing right next to a Lexus with PARK ASSIST
and were told "by the way this is the park assist system, You may have less sensors because the IS is a smaller vehicle" (I think we were looking at the LS)which is understandable, if it's a smaller car you don't need as many as the LS.
And that's my whole point! I WAS NOT INFORMED THAT THIS SYSTEM I WAS GETTING ON MY NEW CAR WAS ECHO MASTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AND NOT LEXUS PARK ASSIST.See my paperwork, it's stated Park Assist on every document. not rear sensor, or back-up sensor.that's my beef with the dealership. I feel like I was lied to.
Old 05-03-07, 02:26 PM
duckduck
Pole Position

errr, you find it funny? I (and a lot of people) find it wrong. The way you're describing this situation, it's like you don't want an IS community. I guess the next time someone screws you over, we'll just tell you to get a life, it's your fault, and move on.

If they signed the post-work release, it was on the basis that they were misled and received an inferior replacement. And that is something you can fight because you were wronged.

And I hope for a REALLY important issue, we get an even bigger reaction.
Old 05-03-07, 02:27 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Daisy1
My Husband and I were outside with our sales person discussing the diferent option on my car, and were standing right next to a Lexus with PARK ASSIST
and were told "by the way this is the park assist system, You may have less sensors because the IS is a smaller vehicle" (I think we were looking at the LS)which is understandable, if it's a smaller car you don't need as many as the LS.
And that's my whole point! I WAS NOT INFORMED THAT THIS SYSTEM I WAS GETTING ON MY NEW CAR WAS ECHO MASTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AND NOT LEXUS PARK ASSIST.See my paperwork, it's stated Park Assist on every document. not rear sensor, or back-up sensor.that's my beef with the dealership. I feel like I was lied to.
I changed the thread on the title and I'll cross post this on SELOC, Toyota Nation, VW Vortex, Ferrari Chat, 6 speed online (Porsche), Bimmer forums, Benz World and every got damn forum I am on and participate in.

This is WRONG. WRONG WRONG.

Old 05-03-07, 02:31 PM
Daisy1
Rookie

^ thanks I think my hubby also did that with another message board.
Old 05-03-07, 02:34 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Has anybody confirmed that the Bredemann post is authentic?? It has a bit of a whiff to it. My BS Detector went off when I read it.
Old 05-03-07, 02:35 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Answer me this. When you picked up the car did you sign a release? Did you inspect the car before signing the release? Usually the release has some wording to the effect that you did in fact inspect the vehicle before signing the release (much in the way signing for fedex package says you signed that the package was received in good order).

1. Much as what the dealer did wasn't "right", it wasn't illegal. They did get a parking assist device, I didn't see anywhere "Lexus Intuitive Parking Assist (tm)" spelled out. So that whole debate is open to interpretation.

2. Airing dirty laundry in public isn't the best means to achieve the goal. The dealer will likely just start to ignore the issue even more so.

3. Lexus Corp can/will do little. The one time I called them for assistance, their response was "find another dealer".
Old 05-03-07, 02:44 PM
PROXUS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Evitzee
Has anybody confirmed that the Bredemann post is authentic?? It has a bit of a whiff to it. My BS Detector went off when I read it.
(Daisy's husband here - I just sign up for separate nick to avoid confusion)

Looks like authentic account. Content of their post describe some details of our phone conversations so I would asume that someone from Bredemann was reading this post. I personally send them this link few weeks ago, so this wouldn't be a big news for them.
Old 05-03-07, 02:46 PM
Daisy1
Rookie

^ When I picked up the car I went inside while they were washing my car and yes signed the doc. If I had any doubt that I was being cheated I wouldn't have signed anything! (my bad) and when I came to this forum I wasn't trying to badmouth the dealership, I was just trying to see it this has happened to others, and see if anyone has a solution.I trully though they would follow through on their promise.
Old 05-03-07, 02:48 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by PROXUS
(Daisy's husband here - I just sign up for separate nick to avoid confusion)

Looks like authentic account. Content of their post describe some details of our phone conversations so I would asume that someone from Bredemann was reading this post. I personally send them this link few weeks ago, so this wouldn't be a big news for them.
Well, you are in the best position to believe if it is authentic. If it is they are the most clueless Lexus dealership I've ever seen. You expect schlock like this from a Ford or Chevy dealer, but Lexus?

At this point I'd hire a lawyer, Lexus will start circling the wagons now. Corporate isn't going to want to get involved. In my experience the Home Office will usually side with their vendor, and not the aggrieved customer, especially when things get ugly. There is a reason they changed their mind on replacing your bumper, you just don't know what the reason is. But I would bet it has backing from Corp. I think you will be dissapointed with what Corp will do for you. That's just my opinion. I really hope you get a satisfactory outcome for the way you have been treated.

One last thing, and I even hate to mention this as it makes me sick to think about it, but how much would it cost you personally to go to another Lexus dealer to have him put a new bumper cover on, and take off the EchoMaster? It's not right, of course, but if you get stonewalled by Lexus (and I think you will) you should at least know what the cost is relative to taking legal action against the dealer. It may be more cost effective, with less heartburn, to go that route rather than paying legal fees that can add up quickly. Just keep your options open.

Last edited by Evitzee; 05-03-07 at 03:13 PM.
Old 05-03-07, 03:02 PM
mctuners
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by BREDEMANN
Our dealership installed the back-up sensor system on this client's IS250. We have installed the system on many vehicles and this is the first concern that has ever arisen. He brought to our attention his two concerns: he personally did not like the contrast between the white bumper cover and the black sensors and that the volume was too loud for his liking. After doing some research, we found that the source for the system had only earlier this year began offering a color keyed option. We also verified that the volume can be adjusted. We subsequently ordered the color keyed sensors using the paint code from his car . Our intention is to remove the black sensors and replace them with the color keyed sensors , as well as, adjust the volume to a level more to his liking. Even though this involves additional expense on our part, we believe that we have made a good faith effort to address his/her concerns.
Wow, you are trying to make that Lexus buyer the dumbest person in the world.
Well, what you have typed on this thread just gave your dealership another negative image. Now, I'm going to post this thread to drifting.com, audizine.com, acurazine.com, v6p.net, superhonda.com, my.is, and any other forums that I signed up in the past and let everyone know about this worst service received by 'LEXUS of Glenview'.
Let's show them how they should treat customers from now on.

Quick Reply: ► Park assist nightmare [pictures] (dealer installs e-bay crap, not park assist)