IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

► Park assist nightmare [pictures] (dealer installs e-bay crap, not park assist)

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-07, 06:45 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,253 Likes on 1,367 Posts

You probably have not received your vehicle purchase survey yet, but you willl...

At your next contact with the dealer or your salesperson remind them that you have not yet received your dealer survey and assure them that their rating rests entirely on an amicable and swift resolution to this issue for you.

If this situation is not resolved by the time you receive the survey, I would advise you to attach a calm, detailed letter and pictures to your survey when you return it outling the issue and the unethical practices you encountered during your dealership experience. Rate them according to how you feel you have been treated.

A new bumper cover, some paint and $500 are certainly not worth risking their Elite of Lexus rating (are you reading this folks at Bredemann?).

An additional tactic that I have read about is to picket the dealership during their busiest day (Saturday). Make yourself a big bright sign with a handle, something like "Ask me how to save $450 on Park Assist Option at Bredemann Lexus today!", and a second one to sit on your rear window pointing down at the option with big arrows. Have a stack of one page handouts with the picture of your problem and a one paragraph explanation to hand out to prospective customers and give it to them as they drive off the lot. Also list the next nearest couple alternative Lexus dealer addresses on your handout.

Suggest you have your car parked nearby (not on their property) for inspection by prospective buyers. Stay on the sidewalk near their entrance and lot.

To the folks at Bredemann reading this: I suggest you might want to escalate the resolution of this customer's situation to your GM. He will shortly be hearing about it from a lot of different sources and if you don't I suspect he will not be very happy. This issue is one of unethical sales behaviour that I suspect he will want to address immediately.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 05-03-07 at 06:52 PM.
Old 05-03-07, 07:06 PM
Buds
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
An additional tactic that I have read about is to picket the dealership during their busiest day (Saturday). Make yourself a big bright sign with a handle, something like "Ask me how to save $450 on Park Assist Option at Bredemann Lexus today!", and a second one to sit on your rear window pointing down at the option with big arrows. Have a stack of one page handouts with the picture of your problem and a one paragraph explanation to hand out to prospective customers and give it to them as they drive off the lot. Also list the next nearest couple alternative Lexus dealer addresses on your handout.
If I were in the Chicago area I would join you. I can see it now... tons IS's sitting outside the dealership picketing .
Old 05-03-07, 07:26 PM
Daisy1
Rookie

Old 05-03-07, 07:52 PM
duckduck
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Daisy1
The happy face means....*waiting for the suspense*
Old 05-03-07, 07:52 PM
IS_Mine
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TimboIS
hehe, good luck. I don't know what you're time is worth, but seems to me, even at minimum wage, you've waste more than the item is worth. :P
I am appalled at some of your responses. At the start I sided with the dealer that the customer should have asked questions such as "This is going to be OEM right??!"

But upon second thought if I walk into a Lexus dealership I expect GENUINE Toyota/LEXUS OEM PARTS to be installed on my Lexus. Now, if this was a "dealer's special" and they made the customer aware then that is something the customer will have to wade through. However, after following this thread for awhile I've come to the conclusion that the dealership should have known better. Who in their right mind installs something totally off color on a car and feels good about it? I cannot believe that the tech would not stop what he was doing and go "Hey uh.. boss maybe we should let the customer know this.. black sensor.. white car?." Tech's aren't dumb, I'd like to think they would treat each car they work on like it is one of their own.. After all we pay a premium for them to even LOOK at the car.

As of now I don't even think its over the money or customer service... it is the principle of the matter. Truthfully all I see or hear coporate doing is telling the dealership to fix the problem. Each dealership is independantly owned -- it is a Lexus dealership but is not run by Lexus. The dealer has purchased the right to sell and service Lexus vehicles which puts the majority of all issues related after delivery in the hands of the dealer. = / Scary world this car industry.

I would just like people to keep in mind that is not LEXUS itself but the acts of one dealership. Yes, it is true dealership reflect the name and the whole thing about customer service.. but corporate can hurt dealerships other ways!
Old 05-03-07, 09:24 PM
Drunkebuda
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

man they still havent fixed that crap they put on the car. Man i would call the news komo has a problem solver line. try calling that number and they will investigate for u and this would make the dealership look bad and quick actions will come.
Old 05-03-07, 09:28 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by BREDEMANN
Our dealership installed the back-up sensor system on this client's IS250. We have installed the system on many vehicles and this is the first concern that has ever arisen. He brought to our attention his two concerns: he personally did not like the contrast between the white bumper cover and the black sensors and that the volume was too loud for his liking. After doing some research, we found that the source for the system had only earlier this year began offering a color keyed option. We also verified that the volume can be adjusted. We subsequently ordered the color keyed sensors using the paint code from his car . Our intention is to remove the black sensors and replace them with the color keyed sensors , as well as, adjust the volume to a level more to his liking. Even though this involves additional expense on our part, we believe that we have made a good faith effort to address his/her concerns.
I live in Kansas City and I will be sure to never ever buy a vehicle from your dealership. As you know, Lexus buyers are loyal and this is my first Lexus and certainly not my last, probably 8 - 10 more to go before I die. And I'm picky (one of the few ML cars in my area) so I either have to order or maybe find one in the Midwest. If I ever run across your dealership name, I will decline on principle. Way too risky to deal with you at this point, sorry.
Old 05-04-07, 12:41 AM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Bredemann is a bunch of chumps who should really be stripped of their Lexus franchise. They're too stuck in their world of Ford sales and service. It's a shame that the Glenview area has to deal with these guys.

Definitely hit up corporate and keep everyone posted!
Old 05-04-07, 05:36 AM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Katsumi
Thank the car gods Lexus of Edmton is ranked best Lexus dealership in Canada. It's a shame not all dealerships are created equal. Hopefully these questionable dealerships get their acts together soon before they completely tarnish the image of Lexus.
Yes, but aren't discounts off MSRP essentially zip at Lexus of Edmonton?? Great service is good, but at what price?
Old 05-04-07, 06:13 AM
Katsumi
Driver School Candidate

It's true, the Edmonton dealership is less willing to negotiate on pricing. They dropped my 250 by 1400 because it was our 3rd Lexus in the family, but not much room for them to move elsewhere pricewise. Overall I think they're worth it. I know if there's any problem at all they've got my back. I'm curious, do any of the other dealerships out there absolutely refuse to deal with domestics? I like going into the lot and not seeing anything American. (And this is not a knock on Amerciacans themselves. I have dual citizenship and am very proud of it. Just hate American cars...)
Old 05-04-07, 06:38 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,253 Likes on 1,367 Posts

Please keep this thread on topic folks, thank you.
Old 05-04-07, 08:06 AM
heyheyhey
Rookie

I know you guys are probably just sick of this whole situation and just want to get this over with by getting a new bumper... but this whole situation is wack. I can understand your frustration, but

As I stated before you agreed to purchase this car WITH the "Park Assist" option. A "REASONABLE" person would and should expect the OEM "park assist" option on every other Lexus IS out there.

Park Assist: 4 sensors in back to assist in reversing. 2 sensors in front to assist in pulling foward into a tight parking spot which i think is one of the most useful functions of the whole park assist system. If you already have rear camera, the main purpose of wanting the park asisst would be to help with the FRONT~.

Rear sensors: 2 sensors that aren't even the same color... not Flush to the vehicle.... and probably devalue the car when you try to sell it again...

If you bought the car and wanted this function... you should GET this function... These are all strong arguments that will have any REASONABLE person seeing these facts, leaning in your favor (if you take legal action)

I think settling for a bumper replacement is letting them off easy.... first of all the paint job will probalby not match... I have a white IS and after an accident I got it painted with the dealer/service dept I bought it from... NOT a 100% match...

I wish someone would put these ugly things on THEIR cars and see how they would feel...

Last edited by heyheyhey; 05-04-07 at 08:24 AM.
Old 05-04-07, 08:18 AM
cip
Pole Position

I'm still waiting to see what the Wal-Mart smilie means? Did they finally work this out?? Daisy1/PROXUS where are youuuuuuu???
Old 05-04-07, 08:57 AM
Daisy1
Rookie

Originally Posted by Buds
If I were in the Chicago area I would join you. I can see it now... tons IS's sitting outside the dealership picketing .
the smile was a response to the post above
Old 05-04-07, 09:00 AM
Daisy1
Rookie

And as far as the progress goes..........No response from Lexus Corp. or the dealer.I put a call into lexus on tuesday they said within 2 days.

Quick Reply: ► Park assist nightmare [pictures] (dealer installs e-bay crap, not park assist)