IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

► Park assist nightmare [pictures] (dealer installs e-bay crap, not park assist)

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-07, 11:11 PM
waynetech2
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

daam!! sum1 wants a beat down over there...
Old 04-13-07, 11:36 PM
oblivionis
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Daisy1
^ I dont want to bad mouth them right now. over all they were ok. I want to give them a chance.
I'm in a market for a IS350 but I want to stay away from that dealership. Please PM me the name of that dealer so I don't go there. Thanks.
Old 04-13-07, 11:37 PM
duckduck
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow. That's completely ridiculous. I would even fight for you from California. That's how ridiculous the stunt your dealer did.
Old 04-13-07, 11:46 PM
Reyngel
Lead Lap

Print out this thread and show it to your dealership. That s hit is f ucking so bogus, man... just terrible.
Old 04-13-07, 11:53 PM
EyeKutr
Pole Position

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

Daisy
there is hope yet...suggest that they order the factory sensors and install them to the current echomaster brain, after all, the sensors work in the same manner, this should work as the factory sensors sit in the bumper, the ones you have are taped on with a hole in the middle for the sensor wires....
Old 04-14-07, 12:09 AM
istundra
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Sue them!

This is wrong. What a rip off!
Old 04-14-07, 12:36 AM
denIS200
Lead Lap

I've done it myself on my '01 GS300, it looks like factory :

The screen on the dash :

The kit was bought on eBay for about 130 dollars shipped.

Denis.
Old 04-14-07, 12:43 AM
Julez
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

is that the parking sensor display or is it integrated into something else
it def looks factory, especially since the sensors are the same color as the bumper
Old 04-14-07, 12:44 AM
flyfl1pguy

denis200 sensor looks pretty good. But the Daisy's one gotta go!
Old 04-14-07, 12:47 AM
flyfl1pguy

I think this parking sensor would have looked better!
Old 04-14-07, 04:36 AM
DKB
Rookie

Yeah but how long is a meter??
Old 04-14-07, 04:46 AM
warrionex
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Daisy1:

If you didn't post the pics I would never believe it. I'm as pissed as you are.

According to "contract law" you have been the victim of a fraudulent misrepresentation, which is, as define by the courts as a false statement of fact made by one party to another party and has the effect of inducing that party into the contract. For example, under certain circumstances, false statements or promises made by a seller of goods regarding the quality or nature of the product that the seller has may constitute misrepresentation. A finding of misrepresentation allows for a remedy of rescission and sometimes damages depending on the type of misrepresentation.

In a nutshell is when a representation is made with intent to deceive and with the knowledge that it is false. An action for fraudulent misrepresentation can also be brought as a tort.

You have the right to recover legal fees and cost of litigation. Rest assure that in your case the sales contract can be rescinded. That means the contract is voidable (you can choose whether to affirm the contract or have it rescinded). You are well documented so you have an excellent case in your part.

My recommendations are to tell the manager that you are not only going to take legal action against the dealer but you are going to suit the president of the dealer, the salesman, the sales manager, the service department manager, the installer, and specially their family members (it is very important that you tell him very clearly that you are including this employees personally and their family members). They have to fill the pressure and you are giving them a preview of what will be the consecuences of their business conduct.

I would ask for a new car with the options you negociated in the first place (as stated in your documents). Don't let them fool you by a promise that they will be installing correctly the same crappy park assist. Go for the car replacement.

Keeps us informe of this dilema !!! Consult an attoney an sue them if they don't respond properly!!

Warrionex

Last edited by warrionex; 04-14-07 at 05:01 AM.
Old 04-14-07, 05:07 AM
tqlla3k
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Daisy1
I have to say this situation completely riuned the new car buying experience. I wanted a new car without any incidents like this. I liked this Lexus and heard nothing but great things about the Lexus service.
GET MAD! You were screwed. That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen. Its not like an accident, they did it on purpose. They didnt even install park assist. They just installed a back up beeper. Park assist helps you park by letting you know if you are close to something in the front and the back.

The OE park sensors just beep, I think(if you dont have nav). Make sure they get you a new bumper. Thats aweful. If I were in IL, I would go there and yell at them for you. I wouldnt be so mad, if they could just plug in the OE sensor, but the ones they installed are huge.

Call corporate, make sure you get a new bumper. And you should be able to get a service credit from Lexus, to use at another dealer.
Old 04-14-07, 05:31 AM
IS_Mine
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by warrionex
Daisy1:

If you didn't post the pics I would never believe it. I'm as pissed as you are.

According to "contract law" you have been the victim of a fraudulent misrepresentation, which is, as define by the courts as a false statement of fact made by one party to another party and has the effect of inducing that party into the contract. For example, under certain circumstances, false statements or promises made by a seller of goods regarding the quality or nature of the product that the seller has may constitute misrepresentation. A finding of misrepresentation allows for a remedy of rescission and sometimes damages depending on the type of misrepresentation.

In a nutshell is when a representation is made with intent to deceive and with the knowledge that it is false. An action for fraudulent misrepresentation can also be brought as a tort.

You have the right to recover legal fees and cost of litigation. Rest assure that in your case the sales contract can be rescinded. That means the contract is voidable (you can choose whether to affirm the contract or have it rescinded). You are well documented so you have an excellent case in your part.

My recommendations are to tell the manager that you are not only going to take legal action against the dealer but you are going to suit the president of the dealer, the salesman, the sales manager, the service department manager, the installer, and specially their family members (it is very important that you tell him very clearly that you are including this employees personally and their family members). They have to fill the pressure and you are giving them a preview of what will be the consecuences of their business conduct.

I would ask for a new car with the options you negociated in the first place (as stated in your documents). Don't let them fool you by a promise that they will be installing correctly the same crappy park assist. Go for the car replacement.

Keeps us informe of this dilema !!! Consult an attoney an sue them if they don't respond properly!!

Warrionex
Here we go another sue happy attempt to right a wrong; she got what she wanted... Park assist.

I'm sorry what happened the Daisy was wrong, but you can't blame Lexus for it. It was in the hands of the dealership, if anything don't slander the Lexus name because of an idiot dealer.

Another thing and I may be playing devil's advocate here is.. why didn't you ask the dealer the outcome of the sensors? I understand what you thought the park assist would look like but if you would have asked the problem could have been stopped there. The dealer said he would add park assist, I'm sure he never said to what extent. She asked for park assist for the purchase of the car she got it! I'm going to reread the ops post but I don't recall she saying that the dealer stated the park assist would look just like factory. It is just like those people who got XM radio after market and weren't happy with the results... You should have asked the dealer directly what it will look like and how comparable to the factory installed option it would be.

Sorry -- I asked these questions about XM radio and thats why I waited for a car to come in with it factory installed so I wouldn't have some ugly black wart on my TP car. Please tell me the dealer said they would look just like factory.. if not, really... they might be nice and replace the bumper. And I am annoyed for you too, but I still feel you should have asked these questions.

Last edited by IS_Mine; 04-14-07 at 05:35 AM.
Old 04-14-07, 05:38 AM
G35TOIS350
Lexus Test Driver

sorry to hear that. they do look a bit silly.

least they didn't order you car with the wrong color interior like they did mine....

Quick Reply: ► Park assist nightmare [pictures] (dealer installs e-bay crap, not park assist)