IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

IS350 or G37

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-07, 02:03 PM
Dj_AmtraX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default IS350 or G37

I am tired of the rattles on my car. I've been dealing with a rattle by my left ear from the start. Three times to the dealer. They adjusted my door and the rattle is still there. Now my driver door doesn't open or close like the others. I only have 3,500 miles and I noticed two new rattles. I love the car otherwise. Power & looks. Two questions.

1. Should I write to Lexus about my disappoinment in their product? Will they do anything for me?

2. Should I sell it while it is still new and wait for the G37? Is there another car I should consider?

Thanks!
Old 04-14-07, 02:13 PM
cspec
Lexus Champion

I'm big on quality, anything in general being well made. I'm starting to get pissed off at the amount of rattles I have in this car, and I don't want to pay so much for a car for it to rattle. Hell, there are a lot of cars for half the price that do not rattle as much.

1. I think you should write, and complain, Lexus has always had great customer service.
2. You would still lose a lot of money regardless if you sell it now or later, but I'm quite fond of the new G's, but I think still I would choose the IS because it's more comfy... Something about Lexus interior makes it so much nicer than the Infiniti, even though they have improved by far since the old G.
Old 04-14-07, 02:31 PM
pisaykotik
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1. My guess is that Lexus will just tell you to go back to the dealer and have them try to fix the rattles once again. If you agree to this, in the end you could be lucky such that all of the rattles will be gone or you'll have even more rattles or you'll just give up. But it looks to me you already gave up on that dealer. Did you consider going to a different dealer?

2. If you end up selling your IS and eventually go for another car, don't buy a first model year...no matter what.
Old 04-14-07, 02:32 PM
Dj_AmtraX
Lexus Test Driver

I am huge on quality also. That's why I am bring this up. My girlfriend brought a 2006 Honda Civic the same month and she has over 5K miles. No Rattles!!!! I could have brought two Civics for the price of my IS350.
Old 04-14-07, 02:48 PM
cspec
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by pisaykotik
1. My guess is that Lexus will just tell you to go back to the dealer and have them try to fix the rattles once again. If you agree to this, in the end you could be lucky such that all of the rattles will be gone or you'll have even more rattles or you'll just give up. But it looks to me you already gave up on that dealer. Did you consider going to a different dealer?

2. If you end up selling your IS and eventually go for another car, don't buy a first model year...no matter what.
My IS is the "first" model... I haven't really had many problems with it.
Old 04-14-07, 03:05 PM
mort
Lead Lap

Regarding the G37, last car was an infiniti (not G but FX) and one of the main reasons I got rid of it was because of the rattles.
Old 04-14-07, 04:01 PM
RLL
Driver School Candidate

If you are concerned about quality, Infiniti is definitely not the way to go.
Old 04-14-07, 04:06 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Dj_AmtraX
I am tired of the rattles on my car. I've been dealing with a rattle by my left ear from the start. Three times to the dealer. They adjusted my door and the rattle is still there. Now my driver door doesn't open or close like the others. I only have 3,500 miles and I noticed two new rattles. I love the car otherwise. Power & looks. Two questions.

1. Should I write to Lexus about my disappoinment in their product? Will they do anything for me?

2. Should I sell it while it is still new and wait for the G37? Is there another car I should consider?

Thanks!
I honestly dont think getting G37 will solve the problem.....as a lot of people complained about rattles in G35s......

which dealership do you go to ? my thought is that maybe you can go to another dealer near by and see if they can fix the problem?

writing/calling to the corp would be my last resort in order to solve problems......

good luck and keep us posted
Old 04-14-07, 07:13 PM
onihc
I heart Honda

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm disappointed by the rattles as well. You'll never know if G37 will have more or less rattles than your current car. Remember everyone bragging about Lexus' fit and finish is top notch? Yeah whatever.
Old 04-14-07, 07:19 PM
LexFather

You don't buy a G37 to get rid of rattles. I would hope you drive the snot outta a G37 and get something too rattle.

Seems everyone today is complaining about rattles, in every forum I've read. I even hear a rattle every once in awhile but I know its a CAR, a MACHINE and it is not going to be PERFECT, even a Lexus.
Old 04-14-07, 07:28 PM
9520G
Lead Lap

I've always been thinking my Is 250 because of the rattles even my seat squeeks now and also there are like 8 other Is's in the 2 miles town I live in. I've been thinking about trading it in for and 04-04 5 series. I'm just not happy paying 500 dollars a month for something I have seconds thoughts about.
Old 04-14-07, 07:31 PM
Rasengan
Rookie

i don't like the styling of the new G37, it's bulbous and disproportionate to me...hell, go check out the G35 and 350Z forums...even they don't like it! (if they don't like it....)

http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=257633
http://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147160
http://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149868

if you had to go Infiniti, definitely not the G37...G35c all the way (but they had problems with rattles as well and a really REALLY crappy Bose stereo)

Old 04-14-07, 08:35 PM
TLe2006
Lexus Champion

b4 you trade it, i'd definitely go to a different dealer to fix your rattles.
Old 04-14-07, 09:27 PM
Dj_AmtraX
Lexus Test Driver

Do you guys think Lexus Corp will do anything for me?

I just don't want the dealer to rip out the car and cause more problems. They adjusted my driver door and now it opens/close like it is misalined. To me the car was damaged by the dealer. That took three days and the rattle is still there.
Old 04-15-07, 12:02 AM
neova
Pole Position

have you tried a different dealer? I would always get a second or third opinion if the problem wasn't fixed the first time around.

Document all of your trips to the dealers for the rattle problems, provide the paperwork for these fixes, and write a nice letter to Corporate explaining your situation and state clearly what you would like Lexus Corp. to do (e.g. replace your car with a new one).

Quick Reply: IS350 or G37