IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

350 went bye bye..:'(

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-07, 08:08 PM
mwaull
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Flame? HAHA i hope no one flames you . . . that is a BAD A$$ ride right there. I love vettes, i have had 2 cobras in my day and love em, but the vette will be the next full blown sports car that i own. I love that color by the way, the C6s are sweet rides for sure. Any plans for the car? Or just keepin it stock?
Old 04-16-07, 08:10 PM
Soda
Pole Position

Got it at boardwalk auto center in Redwood city, Ca. MSRP was 58,380 and I paid 51,406. $500 under GM Supplier cost. Saw it advertised on a Vette forum, they had bout 40 to chose from, it was pretty cool.
Old 04-16-07, 08:12 PM
cspec
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fantastic car, congrats, stick around though.
Old 04-16-07, 08:14 PM
Soda
Pole Position

You know I gotta get the windows tinted, I'm gonna call the place my dealership uses tomorrow & set up an appt...as far as mods I dunno..This is my first domestic car, dunno how it's gonna hold up! haha! It is fun as hell to drive though, has a nice heavy feeling with plenty of power, couldn't imagine the Z06!!!
Old 04-16-07, 08:15 PM
Soda
Pole Position

Originally Posted by cspec
Fantastic car, congrats, stick around though.
I had no intentions of leavin'! I really love the IS and everyone is really cool here. Haven't even posted on the vette forum or lurked other than when I was price shopping.
Old 04-16-07, 08:21 PM
mwaull
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Soda
You know I gotta get the windows tinted, I'm gonna call the place my dealership uses tomorrow & set up an appt...as far as mods I dunno..This is my first domestic car, dunno how it's gonna hold up! haha! It is fun as hell to drive though, has a nice heavy feeling with plenty of power, couldn't imagine the Z06!!!
yeah i have a buddy with a red Z06 . . . it is REDICULOUS! That is my dream car i think, one of the new Z06s. Anyway, mod-wise those cars are pretty strong. Has the 427, correct? Or is that just in the Z06? I know with my buddies Z06, he added long tubes, midpipe, and catback and he gained A LOT on the dyno. You should try that first and see how you like.
Old 04-16-07, 08:21 PM
IS_NIICE
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

you would be most guys dream woman, judging by that list of rides you have. i am a member of corvetteforums.com also for when i was about to get one myself. as for mods...your first should definitely be the corsa exhaust, after tint of course.

and i had no idea you were a girl until you mentioned it, my apologies...we are still considering getting my mom a vette, but she's really into chic and posh cars like bmw's and stuff. so we were gonna get her a total barbie mobile. a white one with white z06 wheels powdercoated. pink painted calipers and a pink pinstripe lip on the rim. what do you think? her bday is in october, and i brought the idea to my dad. it's either a vette or a range rover sport. i thought my whole color scheme idea was creative.
Old 04-16-07, 09:37 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Lol!! I am a chick!! haha!
Not that there is anything wrong with that!

But it works in reverse, too. You'll have guys wanting to give you, eh, the car, a test drive.

With the name 'Soda' ..... do you know George Costanza by any chance?
Old 04-16-07, 09:40 PM
vin 78
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's a beautiful car, congrats
Old 04-16-07, 10:04 PM
pisaykotik
Lexus Champion

Beautiful car, now it's time to update your signature.
Old 04-16-07, 10:49 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

nice ride, but i will take your bike any day
Old 04-16-07, 11:19 PM
mwaull
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ssmoked
nice ride, but i will take your bike any day
Dont get too cocky now . . . I beat many 600cc bikes from a 20-30 roll in my cobra I sold to get this car.
Old 04-16-07, 11:33 PM
DriftNsc3
Lexus Champion

Nice upgrade! I'm loving the fact that not only did SHE get a vette but SHE got a stick unlike 90% of the guys who own them.
Old 04-17-07, 05:40 AM
IS_Mine
Lexus Test Driver

Congrats! And Chicka I would have done the same thing if my commute was so long! I want a Vette sooooo bad except I would have went with yellow. Getting stick is a bonus! Enjoy your car!!! I know I would!!!!
Old 04-17-07, 09:43 AM
Soda
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ron_is350
you would be most guys dream woman, judging by that list of rides you have. i am a member of corvetteforums.com also for when i was about to get one myself. as for mods...your first should definitely be the corsa exhaust, after tint of course.

and i had no idea you were a girl until you mentioned it, my apologies...we are still considering getting my mom a vette, but she's really into chic and posh cars like bmw's and stuff. so we were gonna get her a total barbie mobile. a white one with white z06 wheels powdercoated. pink painted calipers and a pink pinstripe lip on the rim. what do you think? her bday is in october, and i brought the idea to my dad. it's either a vette or a range rover sport. i thought my whole color scheme idea was creative.
Lol, thanks Ron, I think anyone would love the car, it's a blast to drive also...I really did want a bmw 650, but didn't want the huge payment. My b day is in october too, so if she doesn't want the Z06, I'll take it

Quick Reply: 350 went bye bye..:'(