IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Illuminated Scuff Plates

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-07, 09:06 PM
axis77
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i got this picture on the forum from "Lexus27", but is this what the 07 looks like underneath too?
Old 04-21-07, 09:23 PM
Buds
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by axis77

i got this picture on the forum from "Lexus27", but is this what the 07 looks like underneath too?
Yes that is what the 07 looks like. Once you get the back part loose (make sure the ends are loose as well, this makes it easier) just pull up on the whole piece and the four snaps will slowly come undone. It makes an awful noise but dont worry, you're not hurting anything.

If you can't get the plate loose, put some electrical tape on the end of a flat head screwdriver and pry it up a bit.
Old 04-21-07, 09:28 PM
axis77
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Buds
Yes that is what the 07 looks like. Once you get the back part loose (make sure the ends are loose as well, this makes it easier) just pull up on the whole piece and the four snaps will slowly come undone. It makes an awful noise but dont worry, you're not hurting anything.

If you can't get the plate loose, put some electrical tape on the end of a flat head screwdriver and pry it up a bit.
so how do you just plugnplay, if it looks like the plug is already connected to all that wiring? i guess what i really need to see if the underside of the ISP... to answer my question...
Old 04-22-07, 08:52 AM
Buds
Lexus Test Driver

so how do you just plugnplay, if it looks like the plug is already connected to all that wiring? i guess what i really need to see if the underside of the ISP... to answer my question...
It may look like it's plugged in in that pic, but it's really not. The wire doesnt move much if at all. It's really simple. Like plugging something into your computer.
Old 04-22-07, 08:56 AM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by supaIS350
here's another pic...

Now that is what you call an interior picture!
Old 04-22-07, 09:46 AM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Dont be scared man! Just order it and do it! The more you work on these cars (or any others for that matter) the more youll find out they are just cars... Its all plastic and not very difficult to take apart.
Old 04-22-07, 02:48 PM
Buds
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ben_r_
Dont be scared man! Just order it and do it! The more you work on these cars (or any others for that matter) the more youll find out they are just cars... Its all plastic and not very difficult to take apart.
I agree.

My experience working on cars consists of car washes, replacing air filters, and replacing a cd player and these were super easy for me.
Old 04-22-07, 03:39 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Buds
I agree.

My experience working on cars consists of car washes, replacing air filters, and replacing a cd player and these were super easy for me.
Exactly! None of us are car mechanics! Obviously, we all drive brand new Lexus's! So most of the mods done on this site are done by total amaturs with very little experience, some good intelligence, and lot of patience! That should prove how easy it is!
Old 04-22-07, 04:39 PM
is4fsr
Lead Lap

That white plug you see is the wiring harness that is connected to your dome light. The ISP you're buying has a wiring harness as well. Have you heard of female/male plugs? The 1 u c is the female and the 1 ur getting(ISP) is the male plug. Or maybe the other way around. Anyways, u can't go wrong connecting those two harnesses coz there's only ONE way to connect them.
Old 04-22-07, 06:56 PM
axis77
Lead Lap

ok got it , i just never did any true mods myself, now because of the fact that is really true plugnplay is the only reason i will attempt this myself, if this was an '06 and you had to splice wires and the sort i would not touch, but i will definately be ordering these on monday....thanks for the support from all...
Old 04-26-07, 07:43 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Default Help Guys!!!

Okay, Just got my ISPs from lexus-parts.com and installed the driver side one and its not lighting up no matter what I do. I tried everything from shutting the door to locking everything and reopening, starting and shutting down the engine.... you name it. I thought we determined that the 07 IS250s were plug and play??? What gives?

Update: Nevermind Im dumb.... dome light was off... I dont like that it has to be on to make these work...

Last edited by ben_r_; 04-26-07 at 07:44 PM. Reason: Im dumb....
Old 04-26-07, 09:04 PM
Buds
Lexus Test Driver

Okay, Just got my ISPs from lexus-parts.com and installed the driver side one and its not lighting up no matter what I do. I tried everything from shutting the door to locking everything and reopening, starting and shutting down the engine.... you name it. I thought we determined that the 07 IS250s were plug and play??? What gives?

Update: Nevermind Im dumb.... dome light was off... I dont like that it has to be on to make these work...
Haha I was about to respond saying your dome light has to be on but I caught your edit before I did. Glad you got em working!
Old 04-26-07, 09:23 PM
axis77
Lead Lap

so ben_r, you dont have your domelight on when you open your door? is that what you guys are talking about, so some of you actually turn off your domelight completley?
Old 04-26-07, 10:27 PM
is4fsr
Lead Lap

Glad u solve the problem. Was gonna respond. My post above says harness connected to dome light...
Old 04-27-07, 07:18 AM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

so ben_r, you dont have your domelight on when you open your door? is that what you guys are talking about, so some of you actually turn off your domelight completley?
Yea I hate those yellow dome lights and they have to be set to turn on when the doors open in order to have the ISPs turn on whenever the door opens. Apparently its on that same switch. So now I HAVE to change all the dome lights to blue LEDs! I dont like it being so bright when I open my doors at night. Its much cooler I think darker.

Last edited by ben_r_; 04-27-07 at 07:22 AM.

Quick Reply: Illuminated Scuff Plates