IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

has anyone else noticed discoloration on their sterling color leather seats?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-07, 05:32 PM
is250gurl
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default has anyone else noticed discoloration on their sterling color leather seats?

not too long ago i noticed that on the driver's seat at the bottom where your back rests that my grey leather looks spotted and darker underneath. at first i thought it was dirt but it's not wiping clean! the seat is only 3.5 months old so what the heck? check yours for this!

i hardly ever wear belts with my pants and i am usually in soft dress clothes for work that cover my back so i don't think it's skin oils. lexus said to bring it by so i will and show them that along with the hole in the foam underneath the seat also.

Last edited by is250gurl; 04-20-07 at 06:35 AM.
Old 04-19-07, 05:51 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dang, that sucks! Thats why I got the Perma Plate protection thing. Dealer told me my leather had a lifetime warrenty with it and if it ever cracked, discolored or I spilt something on it they would fix it or replace it.
Old 04-19-07, 06:16 PM
is250gurl
Intermediate

well it's only a few months old so it's going back tomorrow morning. a car like this should not have leather problems!!!
Old 04-19-07, 11:31 PM
IS_NIICE
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

yeah, it looks like dirt, i thought it was, but i haven't tried cleaning it
Old 04-20-07, 12:34 AM
ba-b4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

it's probably just dirt or sometimes the dyes on some clothes rub off on seats.. just shows more on sterling. I have sterling and my seats are still fine after a year. I just use the armorall leather wipes.
Old 04-20-07, 04:11 AM
warrionex
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by is250gurl
not too long ago i noticed that on the driver's seat at the bottom where your back rests that my grey leather looks spotted and darker underneath. at first i thought it was dirt but it's not wiping clean! the seat is only 3.5 months old so what the heck? check yours for this!

i hardly ever wear belts and i am usually in soft dress clothes for work that cover my back so i don't think it's skin oils. lexus said to bring it by so i will and show them that along with the hole in the foam underneath the seat also.
Pics please!!!
Old 04-20-07, 05:32 AM
is250gurl
Intermediate

my car went to lexus this morning.they gave me a loaner so that they can look at it closer and also have a leather guy look at it. the service manager said that should not happen at 3800 miles and the dip in the foam will only get worse so the time is now to document it and try to take care of it.

keep you posted........
Old 04-20-07, 05:47 AM
IS_Mine
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I actually have the same thing on my car and I tried scrubbing it off. Its on my driver's side seat. It looks black but I'm trying to figure out how black dye could get onto my drivers seat like that I've never worn a wet black shirt in the car. However, I have got soaked by rain and had abit of blue on the bottom part of the seat but it came right off.

Please keep us posted on the seat!
Old 04-20-07, 06:01 AM
acbrisker
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm glad I got the black interior ... good luck!
Old 04-20-07, 06:15 AM
is250gurl
Intermediate

sounds like someone else has the same exact thing. the service guy said he hasn't seen this before mine. i hope they just give me a new seat since i have 2 issues. i originally wanted the black but liked the grey better after sitting in both. too hot for fl too!
Old 04-20-07, 06:21 AM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Gurl ..... surely you have seen the news reports on the Governor of New Jersey's recent car accident where he was critically injured with broken bones everywhere. I believe he is still in critical condition and still on a ventilator. He was not wearing a seatbelt. Forget the stains on your seat, you have a bigger problem in ignoring the reality of physics when a moving car meets an immovable object. BUCKLE UP, PLEASE.
Old 04-20-07, 06:23 AM
is250gurl
Intermediate

i always buckle up!
Old 04-20-07, 06:24 AM
WhatYaGot
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Evitzee
Gurl ..... surely you have seen the news reports on the Governor of New Jersey's recent car accident where he was critically injured with broken bones everywhere. I believe he is still in critical condition and still on a ventilator. He was not wearing a seatbelt. Forget the stains on your seat, you have a bigger problem in ignoring the reality of physics when a moving car meets an immovable object. BUCKLE UP, PLEASE.
Agreed 100 %
Old 04-20-07, 06:27 AM
is250gurl
Intermediate

bet you'd be upset if your black seats started turning beige. please don't be a hater! i'm just trying to see if this a random issue or bigger.

Last edited by is250gurl; 04-20-07 at 06:32 AM.
Old 04-20-07, 06:32 AM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by is250gurl
bet you'd be upset if your black seats started turning beige. don't be a hater! i'm just trying to see if this a random issue or bigger.
Oh, oh. Maybe I misinterpreted your original note. It says "I hardly ever wear belts". I thought you meant 'seat' belts, but maybe you mean belts on your pants? If so, "Never Mind". I jumped to confusions. Sorry.

Quick Reply: has anyone else noticed discoloration on their sterling color leather seats?