IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

A great site that may help us with rattles

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-09, 04:03 PM
hybridanim
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

just go my car out of the dealership to fix the rattles and noises. as i expected, the rattles and noises weren't fix, instead, i heard rattle from different parts of the dashboard now. Not to mention, when they put the dashboard back, they forgot to latch the hood lever (which i found out a week later) . I couldn't pop my hood because of this, so i ended up taking it back to the dealer. Also, the dashboard wasn't properly installed because I can tell its not flushed against the nav system and the speakers. grrrrrrrrrrr.

I'm just going to live with these rattles now, no use to let the dealer fix it because they'll end up destroying it little by little.

anyone know if an f-sport intake sound will overcome this annoying rattles ;D
Old 05-25-11, 05:01 PM
ricanrolla
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a rattle comming from the back center speaker/window. I only hear it when my music is off though...it still drives me crazy when I do hear it though. The dealership has never been able to "hear it" when I've taken it in...
Old 05-30-11, 06:42 AM
ISSteve
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ricanrolla
I have a rattle comming from the back center speaker/window.
I've got this one. Sounds like a creaking noise, right? Comes and goes, most goes for now luckily.
Old 06-02-11, 02:40 PM
IS350FAN
Driver School Candidate

I have the similar rattling issues with my car and it only has around 18000 miles. It really makes me mad that a premium car brand has gone cheap and we the customers have to deal with the stupid crap which they can't fix. Oh yes, mine has been in the dealer 3 times and still no solution. I'm trying a different Lexus dealer and see what happens.
Old 09-30-12, 05:16 PM
Shaneh85
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ISSteve
I've got this one. Sounds like a creaking noise, right? Comes and goes, most goes for now luckily.
This drives me bat **** crazy!! Anybody figure out what it is
Old 12-31-12, 06:41 AM
LEX Fairy
Driver School Candidate

I guess there is no real solution to the rattling, clicking, cracking issues with the isx50's. My dashboard/ center vent rattles. I've noticed this problem persist during cold weather mostly.. This is my second IS within 5yrs.. I went in to the dealer every consecutive year for the past 4 years (both cars) and every time they took off the dash to have it insulated. Seemed to work each time but when the temperature dropped, the problem came back. I've fought with the dealer several times but they really can't seem to resolve a permanent solution. I guess I'm stuck with this problem for the life my ownership!
Old 01-07-13, 07:15 AM
djrobsd
Rookie

Ha! If you think that our Lexus is bad you should try buying a soft top convertible, any make or model. My 2001 mustang gt had so many squeaks and rattles. Of course you could say ford, but my friend had a BMW 3 series convertible that was a rattle trap as well.

I recently traded in my 2006 is 350 for a 2012 ct200h. No rattles on the ct200h after 4500 miles knock on wood. My IS had very minimal squeaks and rattles and was a solid car! And this even after my cat being in a side impact collision before I bought it used! Whoever repaired my vehicle before I bought it did a darn good job because the wool was pulled over my eyes and I didn't even know I was wrecked until I went to trade it in and both carfax and auto check said it was before I bought it, but NOT a salvage title obviously.

Before I bought my IS I went to carmax and tested an Audi, BMW, 2 Mercedes, an Infiniti g, and the is. Out of all the cars, the IS was the quietest and felt the most solid and had the LEAST amount of squeaks and rattles, which is what led me to buy the IS over those other brands.

Anyway, my point is that it could be much worse. Crank that awesome stereo up and enjoy the music!! Whether you love classical, jazz, rock, hip hop, pop, or dance music it ALL sounds amazing on the stereo in the IS. That is the main thing I miss about mine (oh that and the acceleration) lol.
Old 03-01-17, 07:45 PM
dnwin
Driver School Candidate

does anyone have an IS250 rattle fix? these link does not help anymore

Originally Posted by Dj_AmtraX
Just thought that some of the info here may be useful to us. Please don't flame me on this.

http://infinitihelp.com/Ownership/Infiniti/G35/Body.htm

3M Silicone Lubricant Plus Wet Type is the magic spray

http://3m.hillas.com/pc-15479-1247-3...-dry-type.aspx
Old 03-03-17, 08:21 AM
GreyHound
Pole Position

Default rattle rattle

The most annoying 'creak', not quite a squeak, but continuous noise generator is/was the rear window. Not the retractable shade , the actual glass rear window. You drive the car and if you want silent reflection, you are SOL !. Sort of like Styrofoam rubbing or the rear seat is not quite locked in place. Nope, it was the rear glass. The first eight years car was silent. Then in the winter, it started that squeak. I just rolled the window down and wind noise took care of it.
Wifee on the other hand, no roll window down, she is more of a turn up the radio for her. But sometimes you want quiet to decompress on the way home after work.

You know how we finally figured out it was the glass? It was quiet when it rained .
Couldn't do anything inside the car. So I checked the rubber seal on the outside of the rear windows glass, I tried that 3m silicon lubricant, put the small straw on the can and put it under that rubbed seal. Spray and move it along under that rubber seal on the side and along the top.
It silenced immediately. Corrosion -X works well, but that stuff smells industrial and don't get it on you. Either one works for about 8 or nine months. Then re-apply.
Car is as quiet as it was when we drove it off the lot in march 06.
Now that the dash has a 'stress relieve' crack in it, it doesn't pop and creak, LOL
Quirky little car, but I wouldn't trade it.