IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Talk about a bad day

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-07, 09:42 PM
sinister2c
Racer

Received 177 Likes on 139 Posts

fl has fix it law...$5-$15 depending on county. They only care about the front windows side...28% but rear windows is 15% but they usually dont test rear windows.

got caught with 5% in my accord a couple months back at night on the highway by fhp...bastards. took off the front two windows and paid $11.50

Originally Posted by danger4o5
Now i'm really worried about my IS. I got it tinted ALL around even the front windshield. Should i be nervous?
Old 04-20-07, 11:06 PM
IS_NIICE
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

just claim that he was being rude and didnt give you a chance to explain yourself, then present the form to the judge stating you have derma probs.
Old 04-21-07, 12:05 AM
Dj_AmtraX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's the picture for everyone to see.

Old 04-21-07, 12:36 AM
redsoxw01
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ethics Class?

You folks with the bright ideas of lying and cheating.

Are you going to teach your kids (if you have kids) this valuable lesson in lying and cheating to beat the system?

Heaven forbid you should take responsibility for your actions.

Why not just say "Gee, officer, when I woke up this morning the car was like this. Wasn't like this when I parked it last night".
Old 04-21-07, 12:40 AM
Akatsuki
Lead Lap

^^ you needa to find something else to do your first post and you sounds like an idiot.. sorry but the cop needa to chill out witht hta 4oo dollars ****. just another way for them to makey money. at least give him a fine like 50 bucks and tell himt o remove his tint. but noooooooooooooo copp gotta be an *******. and you my friend prolly a cop yourself. why not go back and be an ******* like the rest of them. sorry but all the cops ivve meet are *******s.. enough said
Old 04-21-07, 05:52 AM
l1tech
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Sm0k3Diss
^^ you needa to find something else to do your first post and you sounds like an idiot.. sorry but the cop needa to chill out witht hta 4oo dollars ****. just another way for them to makey money. at least give him a fine like 50 bucks and tell himt o remove his tint. but noooooooooooooo copp gotta be an *******. and you my friend prolly a cop yourself. why not go back and be an ******* like the rest of them. sorry but all the cops ivve meet are *******s.. enough said
?????????????????????????????????
Old 04-21-07, 06:33 AM
PhiDeltBee
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Sm0k3Diss
My gosh, I think you pissed this guy off Redsox. I think his sig should say 3 more weeks and dreaming, because I don't know too many people who talk and spell like that driving a lexus. smoke3diss, you a rappa???

Last edited by PhiDeltBee; 04-21-07 at 06:42 AM.
Old 04-21-07, 07:00 AM
PhiDeltBee
Lead Lap

^^^^^

Sorry, that did not help this thread. I apologize.
Old 04-21-07, 08:02 AM
Buds
Lexus Test Driver

Sometimes I wonder if these cops see young guys driving a nice Lexus and try to screw them over because of it. It's sad but I'm sure it happens (I just hope it doesnt happen to me!)

I didn't know cops could just make up dollar amounts to fine you. Is there an official pricing list on the back of the ticket? They have them in Texas...

Last edited by Buds; 04-21-07 at 08:04 AM. Reason: added info
Old 04-21-07, 08:43 AM
LexusBlaze
Driver School Candidate

Honestly i had a feeling he pulled me over due the fact that i am young(nearly nineteen) but the cop doesnt realize the financial situation i put myself under to afford this car... He may of had a stereotype against young kids driving expensive cars.... lol im going to be payin this car off till i get through school and maybe then some... but i think it would be rediculous to assume that i could afford a n outstanding tint ticket.... especially if i got to pay the monthly fees for the car.... i duno i can understand the cop is doing his job and what i truly am upset about is the fee with the fine and how i may not be capable of paying my bills...rough i know coming from a guy that drives a lexus... but thats life... and im pissed that he told me "i hope i didnt ruin your day" now thats just uncalled for
Old 04-21-07, 09:58 AM
G35TOIS350
Lexus Test Driver

wow thats crazy
Old 04-21-07, 10:34 AM
is4fsr
Lead Lap

Some cops think that young drivers with nice cars are spoiled, rich brats and they're just envious. They stereotype that you/we are ( I'm 42 - no longer YOUNG) troublesome.
Old 04-21-07, 12:41 PM
Dj_AmtraX
Lexus Test Driver

Wait! I've been thinking, cops have no authority to pick and choose the fine. Only a judge can. You may want to Google the penal code for the appropriate fine.

I think the cop is ******ing with you. Noticed that there is no place on the ticket for the cost of the fine????
Old 04-21-07, 01:35 PM
Buds
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Dj_AmtraX
Wait! I've been thinking, cops have no authority to pick and choose the fine. Only a judge can. You may want to Google the penal code for the appropriate fine.

I think the cop is ******ing with you. Noticed that there is no place on the ticket for the cost of the fine????
Yeah I noticed the same thing. I know in Texas there is a list of fines on the back of the ticket. The cop doesn't write how much it costs, just the violation.
Old 04-21-07, 01:54 PM
LexusBlaze
Driver School Candidate

You guys are correct... he does not has the authority to write the price... and i did not recieve any pieces of paper explaining his reasoning about the price tag with the ticket. so i became curious as to how he came up with number....i went the the countys website and they had it posted on there.... but what is akward is that ive talked to a few people in my classes that have also been pulled but they recieved verbal warnings and only 75$ tickets.... the only conclusion i have for this is that the percent of the tint played a part in the pricing of the ticket.

Quick Reply: Talk about a bad day