IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Questions about the XD 6000K kit for IS350!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-07 | 12:34 PM
IEMaestro
Pit Crew

Default Questions about the XD 6000K kit for IS350!!

I have read all the threads for installing a conversion kit, and I have read muzzman's step by step directions also (but he installed a Proxenon kit, and I have a XD kit, which is slightly different) and I still have some questions I need answered before I try installing. I have an 06 IS350, and want to install a XD 6000K HID conversion kit. I am confident that the very knowledgeable CL community will be able to help me out. Thanks.

1. Exactly how many holes do we have to drill in the headlight cover, and what size(s)?

2. Where can I find a rubber grommet to use in the installation (I live in Southern California)? And, where can I buy silicon to completely seal the grommet?

3. Where did you place the two grounds? (please post pictures if possible)

4. When you connected the wires to the battery, did you place one on top of the other? Or did you use a washer in between the two?

5. What are the two "T" shaped brackets that come with the kit used for?

Sorry it these questions seem silly, but I want to make sure I understand everything completely before trying to install.
Old 04-21-07 | 12:49 PM
khangaroo
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by IEMaestro
I have read all the threads for installing a conversion kit, and I have read muzzman's step by step directions also (but he installed a Proxenon kit, and I have a XD kit, which is slightly different) and I still have some questions I need answered before I try installing. I have an 06 IS350, and want to install a XD 6000K HID conversion kit. I am confident that the very knowledgeable CL community will be able to help me out. Thanks.

1. Exactly how many holes do we have to drill in the headlight cover, and what size(s)?

2. Where can I find a rubber grommet to use in the installation (I live in Southern California)? And, where can I buy silicon to completely seal the grommet?

3. Where did you place the two grounds? (please post pictures if possible)

4. When you connected the wires to the battery, did you place one on top of the other? Or did you use a washer in between the two?

5. What are the two "T" shaped brackets that come with the kit used for?

Sorry it these questions seem silly, but I want to make sure I understand everything completely before trying to install.

1. Only one hole needs to be drilled. The size is in the directions I can't remember off the top of my head.

2. The grommet is provided, at least it was in my XD kit. I did not seal mine but you can buy that stuff at home depot.

3. I just looked around and found something that was bolted to the body and grounded there.... sorry i know that doesn't help much but it wasn't any place special.

4. Ontop of each other i also notched the battery cover so that it would close properly.

5. I believe what you are referring to is the bracket that clamps the wire onto the ballast.
Old 04-21-07 | 01:02 PM
isam250
Pole Position

i didnt drill any holes on mines n it works perfectly fine. turns on 100% of the time
Old 04-21-07 | 01:10 PM
ReLexin
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by IS2506spd
i didnt drill any holes on mines n it works perfectly fine. turns on 100% of the time
if you didnt drill, how are the wires from the ballast to the bulb in the assembly with the cover on? Have you noticed any condensation in your headlights?