Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Want some cake?
Old 04-23-07, 11:18 PM
IS_NIICE
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by pocky
Want some cake?
naw, i stay away from high fructose corn syrup. word to my sports med class.

btw pocky i love how you just chime in with something completely random after every post. lol. comic relief <3.

Last edited by IS_NIICE; 04-23-07 at 11:29 PM.
Old 04-23-07, 11:31 PM
IS_NIICE
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

i cant wait to see you guys all at a meet and shake your hands..
Old 04-23-07, 11:59 PM
liquid2
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wtf

Originally Posted by ron_is350
^^ oo comedian, you think im getting hurt by you saying im spoiled. no way, i embrace it..im lucky as hell, you just remind me about how amazing my family and life is.. btw we still have multiple properties, including some out of state. if youve looked in the sin city thread we have a home in vegas also. so chances are, i wont end up living with my parents, and even if i did still live here-we have 6 bedrooms and a guesthouse. pwn3d.

Lol, to be talking about this right now is jumping the gun a little. In 2 years a lot can change, maybe you might end up somewhere else.. keepin yourself open to suggestions would be smart too. Like factor in what do you want to major in ect..

I know you might not be trying to be as bratty as you come off, but noone needs to hear about your multiple properties. You could have left that part out and we wouldn't even have this problem. Humble yourself a little man. We're all here to discuss cars, not this. Not to be a party pooper or anything ( I'm ****in` far from it ) but
this thread sucks and i thought you had a 2.2 gpa (from your insurance thread) not the 3.4 you are claiming lol.

Btw I'm basically in the same boat as you though, except I dont know what i want to major in ect
Old 04-24-07, 12:00 AM
kyle3481
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

why not just choose your favorite school, car is not that important when compared with school...car is just for transportation...a thing that gets you from places to places. by the way, 3.4 GPA out of high school is too low to go to ucla or usc....i had 3.7 gpa outa high school and i could not get in ucla or usc. they dont just look at your gpa alone...just for your reference...
Old 04-24-07, 12:04 AM
valgs350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by liquid2
Lol, to be talking about this right now is jumping the gun a little. In 2 years a lot can change, maybe you might end up somewhere else.. keepin yourself open to suggestions would be smart too. Like factor in what do you want to major in ect..

I know you might not be trying to be as bratty as you come off, but noone needs to hear about your multiple properties. You could have left that part out and we wouldn't even have this problem. Humble yourself a little man. We're all here to discuss cars, not this. Not to be a party pooper or anything ( I'm ****in` far from it ) but
this thread sucks and i thought you had a 2.2 gpa (from your insurance thread) not the 3.4 you are claiming lol.

Btw I'm basically in the same boat as you though, except I dont know what i want to major in ect
I think I'm in the same boat has the both of you but I won't be getting a IS350 or BMW 335i if I go to USC or UCLA I'll still have my LX470, I was looking at Pepperdine and NYU for a Law school after college.

I agree with Liquid, humble yourself and talk about your ride not your parents money.

I thought this thread would help me make a choice but its so dumb!!!
Old 04-24-07, 12:07 AM
liquid2
Pole Position

Originally Posted by VAL678
I think I'm in the same boat has the both of you but I won't be getting a IS350 or BMW 335i if I go to USC or UCLA I'll still have my LX470, I was looking at Pepperdine and NYU for a Law school after college.

I agree with Liquid, humble yourself and talk about your ride not your parents money.

I thought this thread would help me make a choice but its so dumb!!!
This is the perfect example for you! He has a BENZ S550, S65AMG, GL450, NSX, EXCURSION, F360, And lots of little toys. Yet he can still be humble lol
Old 04-24-07, 12:12 AM
wushuboy
Driver

in before the close. this thread is ridiculous. you're so confident that you'll get in to either school. Youve got some stiff competition if you think a 3.4 gpa will get you in. Financial aid? forget it. you'll never get anything with your family's assets. And please...don't be using the "i was raised that way" excuse. What logical reason would any person have to get 2 luxury cars. Just because your parents can afford it doesnt mean you have to go spend it. You're trying to come across as if you care about your parent's money yet here you are using THEIR money to buy 2 cars as well as mods. What a considerate son you are. And don't be using "we" when you say things like "we own multiple properties." YOU own nothing.. THEY own them. You just spunge off it.

Humbleness goes a long way.. it's something you have none of.

Last edited by wushuboy; 04-24-07 at 12:15 AM.
Old 04-24-07, 12:14 AM
valgs350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by liquid2
This is the perfect example for you! He has a BENZ S550, S65AMG, GL450, NSX, EXCURSION, F360, And lots of little toys. Yet he can still be humble lol
Its an F250, lol

I have a 3.8gpa and take 2 AP classes yet my parents still aren't convinced that I need a 40 thousand dollar car, and I payed for my mods myself except spare parts, lol

Watch in like 2min this thread will be closed!!! (I hope I'm right) or get relocated to the clubhouse, its not IS tech

Last edited by valgs350; 04-24-07 at 12:18 AM.
Old 04-24-07, 12:19 AM
liquid2
Pole Position

IN BEFORE THE CLOSE!!!!
Old 04-24-07, 08:28 AM
MAH4546
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by kyle3481
by the way, 3.4 GPA out of high school is too low to go to ucla or usc....i had 3.7 gpa outa high school and i could not get in ucla or usc. they dont just look at your gpa alone...just for your reference...
I had around a 3.4-3.5 and I got into USC with a 1/2 scholarship, and this was only a few years ago (I'm 22). A 3.4 can get you in, although I'm sure it has become more competitive.
Old 04-24-07, 11:35 AM
socalJD
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by MAH4546
I had around a 3.4-3.5 and I got into USC with a 1/2 scholarship, and this was only a few years ago (I'm 22). A 3.4 can get you in, although I'm sure it has become more competitive.
I smell some BS here. Are you talking about South Carolina ? No way a 3.4 will get you in to USC (Southern California) today unless you're a 5 star jock. To the OP, you need to start hitting the books son, unless your family has some serious connections at 'SC. I graduated over 20 years ago, and I'd have a helluva time getting in today, let alone being able to afford it. Ucla was never an option, they still don't have an undergrad business or accounting program, and I couldn't see the wisdom of an econ or math degree after 4 years. Pepperdine on the other hand, was a very tempting option . . .
Old 04-24-07, 12:17 PM
KKelly
Lead Lap

He certainly fits the stereotype of a USC student already.

Who are these parents that buy their children brand new $40k+ cars? As a reward for good grades and not doing drugs? I got jipped by my mom and dad. They owe me big time.

As an aside, I was back in Vermont once and this Boston lawyer tells me and my wife that his son goes to USC law school and told him nobody reads in California. Yes, he actually said that to the two Californians sitting across from him. I replied "Well, your son goes to USC so that makes sense." Stunned silence. Then I softened the blow with "Well, the weather is so good why sit inside and read all day, yaddah, yaddah..." What a friggen' twit. All of us 33 million Californians are illiterate, sure.
Old 04-24-07, 12:42 PM
XtrabOoSt
Lexus Test Driver

Some Parents!..*
Old 04-24-07, 12:48 PM
Rasengan
Rookie

Originally Posted by KKelly
Who are these parents that buy their children brand new $40k+ cars? As a reward for good grades and not doing drugs? I got jipped by my mom and dad. They owe me big time.
you're telling me...i've been working since i was 15, started as a stock boy at a grocery store, worked at a video store, sold shirts and ties at a Marshall Fields department store, etc. to put myself through college...drove a beat up '87 Honda CRX as my first car with no power brakes, windows, or even power steering...took me years after college to pay off my loans and y'know what? i'm doing it again! i'm back in school because i actually miss it and i'm paying $6,000 per trimester (good thing my work pays 67% of my tuition)...my single parent mom was there to help out with emergencies but i was pretty much self sufficient by the time i was 16

i can't imagine what would happen to this kid if they threw him out into the real world...can't blame him, it's his parents fault for spoiling him rotten...he's just milking it because that's he was raised...poor parenting if you ask me

Quick Reply: Go to USC, sell my is350 or go to UCLA, get an IS-F