XM Radio

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-07, 07:52 PM
IS250 4 Me
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Old Oiler
Ben_r,
You're right, it does beat FM. I hardly ever listen to the radio unless it's AM talk.

I had XM for a 1 1/2 years and found it to be like satellite tv. There was way more stations than I would ever listen to.

The best thing I've done so far and I know a lot of the guys want iPod integration, but this Bluetooth transmitter/receiver from iskin is amazing. No I don't have it show on the screen, but, my iPod is completely cordless and I can hold it in my and, set it in the cup holder or whatever. It was cheap and works like a charm!

Cheers,
Old Oiler

Oiler, I have a plug and play Sirius kit in my Lexus, and I want to use something else besides the Aux plug. Can you PM with me with details for the bluetooth kit you have? Is the sound quality better or worse than the Aux? Please let me now if it is available locally (I'm in Houston by the way).
Old 07-18-07, 07:55 PM
Bigrahizzl
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ben_r_
God I would hope not, I can tell you a million better thing you can waste your money on other than throwing it away on a damn dealer!
i know dude. The dealers rape you when it coems to things like repair and acessories. I mean i can get a nice intake from the $300 i save from doing the install myself
Old 07-18-07, 07:59 PM
Mickeyc001
Driver School Candidate

I ordered from Sewell Lexus and picked it up myself since I live in Dallas Texas. I have never installed anything on a car before, so I was quite nervous. However, the instructions were so simple and exact. I did the whole job in 1 and 1/2 hours. Saved $250 by doing it myself. I would encourage everyone to do this themselves. I'll put it this way, if you have ever purchased furniture, a grill or exercise equipment and had to put it together yourself..then you could do this w/ no problem what so ever, I promise!!! As far as sound quality, here in Dallas Texas (no hills, mountains or tall buildings around me) it sounds slightly better than FM (IMO). All in all, I am so glad that I installed XM. It's so nice not have to listen to 20 minutes of comercials per hour here in the city and so nice to have so many options to listen too. BTW..I have a 2006 IS350 w/ Nav...so when i switch to my pre-set channels, I can hit "TEXT" and see the artist and song title. I don't know how it would work if you did not have nav...sorry.
Old 07-18-07, 08:10 PM
Bigrahizzl
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Mickeyc001
I ordered from Sewell Lexus and picked it up myself since I live in Dallas Texas. I have never installed anything on a car before, so I was quite nervous. However, the instructions were so simple and exact. I did the whole job in 1 and 1/2 hours. Saved $250 by doing it myself. I would encourage everyone to do this themselves. I'll put it this way, if you have ever purchased furniture, a grill or exercise equipment and had to put it together yourself..then you could do this w/ no problem what so ever, I promise!!! As far as sound quality, here in Dallas Texas (no hills, mountains or tall buildings around me) it sounds slightly better than FM (IMO). All in all, I am so glad that I installed XM. It's so nice not have to listen to 20 minutes of comercials per hour here in the city and so nice to have so many options to listen too. BTW..I have a 2006 IS350 w/ Nav...so when i switch to my pre-set channels, I can hit "TEXT" and see the artist and song title. I don't know how it would work if you did not have nav...sorry.
Hey dude thanks for letting us know how the install was. When you said that if you had put together and excercise machine etc.. it made it sonvincing that it is easy. I have looked at the pdf version of the manual and i dont like how its black an dwhite so i guess when ben does DIY its will make it easier for me to distinguish the parts. But thanks for the tip