IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

car got impounded

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-07, 06:03 AM
rroy
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Perfect example why police are a$$holes. [knock on wood] I've had decent luck with them, but if this happened to me I would be furious. Just seeing your car up on that truck makes me furious
Old 04-25-07, 07:08 AM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn, sorry to hear demik, hope all is well. Damn cops dude!!
Old 04-25-07, 07:11 AM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

God man im so sorry for you, thats terrible. I hate cops. It seems like they are only there when you DONT want/need them.
Old 04-25-07, 07:26 AM
RU514
Lead Lap

cops suck.....they are just jealous they can't have cars like these.....they need to relearn what their primary duties are, which are to protect people, not impound cars just because of stupid reasons like tints
Old 04-25-07, 07:49 AM
pingu
Lexus Champion

Dang that sucks. Im glad you got your car back in one piece
Old 04-25-07, 08:03 AM
waynetech2
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

BAD boys, what cha won, what chu gonna do, when ?.............? come for you.
"tonight on COPS, officers crack down on parking lot pimpin"
Old 04-25-07, 08:07 AM
edwin907
Driver

Originally Posted by waynetech2
BAD boys, what cha won, what chu gonna do, when ?.............? come for you.
"tonight on COPS, officers crack down on parking lot pimpin"

That's pretty good!
If you make an episode of COPS, let us know.

I'm just glad to know that you don't have any drugs, crime, prostitution, speeders, or any thing else up there that the police should be concerned with.
Old 04-25-07, 08:10 AM
o2GS43o
Lead Lap

That's some BS ish there... I live right behind a PD station in Tustin, so far there not jerks like that...
Old 04-25-07, 08:33 AM
teracon
Driver

Talking St. Mary's County (Maryland) - Dumb *** Cops

My GF got pulled over for going (10) under at 2 AM (45) in a (55). The cop pulled her over and gave her a ticket for not being able to see the "year" sticker on the back plate (RX330) - the dealer plastic plate cover covered part of the year. Anyway, the damn cop asked her how to spell "Lexus". My GF replied, I can't believe that you are a cop and can't spell Lexus. The ticket went from a warning to a $50.00 fine. She said she didn't mind the fine as she was able to see the look of anger on the face of the female officer.

Last edited by teracon; 04-25-07 at 08:38 AM.
Old 04-25-07, 08:53 AM
y2ks2k
CL Folding Freak

Still amazes me that tons of our tax payer money is going to things like this. While Im sure there problably secondary reasons why they did this to you (aka maybe you are "known" but the cops in your area for being a crazy driver or something). But friggen NBC can pile Child preditors into a house all day long and coppers are still pulling grandma over for doing a California stop at a stop sign. I have no respect for Police departments because of this. Theirs more problems going on in the country then guys with tinted windows on the road. Hell, I got rammed off the road last month by a crazy driver and they didnt even attempt to do anything about it. If your car is stolen, they dont show up, they have you go fill out a form and turn it in. But they are there when you are going 5 mph over the speed limit in traffic that is doing the same.

Just dont make sence.
Old 04-25-07, 08:54 AM
Joneser
Driver

Thumbs down

First off blame your legislatures who passed the traffic laws, to produce the revenue, to keep the roads maintained so our pretty little Lexus' can ride on. Not the cop who keeps that same Lexus from being ripped off right in front of your house.

ok ok... ENOUGH... cop bashing already. Of course there are cops that abuse their job or don't use certain discretion in situations... sometimes its a slow say and they look for anything, or they have specific "missions" from their district to go after certain things that day or week... but bottom line is... "law enforcement" meaning it doesn't matter where you from its how you come... and you came illegal regardless. which means the cop has what we call Probable Cause... most cop look for it if they are suspicious of something...

Forgot to signal at a turn = Proable Cause
Only plate in the back = Probable Cause
Illegal tint = Probable Cause

Depending on the area and the crime demographics, they look for those things. You would be amazed and how many things some cops let slide.

Classic example is a state trooper who stopped a person for speeding and expired plates, he used too much discetion and let him go... turned out he was one of the 9/11 hijackers, and well we know what happened after that. So it cuts both ways.

I don't doubt the computer error or the cop gave some attitude but a cop doesn't have the luxury to be "wrong" once when enforcing the law... you have the right to be wrong pretty much all the time when you hop in your car and pay a fine. We know you weren't a threat to the cop. But a cop can't assume you aren't a threat without using Probable Cause to make a judgement. "ish" happens and sometimes the innocent get caught up in it.

Whether you are a gang banger looking for street cred by shooting a cop through your 20% tint in the front windows...

Whether you are a felon with warrants who was let go because of a computer glich despite dealer plates that don't match the car...

Or the drunk driver with multiple DUIs who was let go because the cop got a call about a man who was pistol whipping his wife on the front lawn around the corner... later the driver goes on to run down two college students leaving the library after a late cram sesisons before and exam...

On down the line... for every one cop some of you all hate for pushing all the buttons during a routine traffic stop... there are more who don't come home to their families because they didn't push all the right buttons or they person they "let off with a warning" ended up doing more harm to the community....

Its always funny to me how society never wants to recognize the many heros that do their jobs day in and day out for crap pay risking his or her life for the vocally and socially ungrateful... yet all we here in the news is about the fraction of a fraction of those who abuse their job. Ever wonder why St. Jude is the patron saint of law enforcement?

Even after 9/11 all of a sudden society got religion and celebrated the real heros... but even then that was short lived and the focus stayed on the firemen (and I appreciate the firemen for what they do as well.)

I just think some of you don't recoginze what a cop goes through day in and day out and some of the things they see on the streets. Things we will never understand because we are home downing our beers watching TV or waxing our IS or curled up with our significant others watching a chick flick. Meanwhile they are preventing the evils from coming to our doorstep.

Also spare yourselves the elitist attitude of some one is jealous of you and your IS 250/350. If you are that simple minded and arrogant about your car and lifestyle choices, it sounds to me Karma bit you in the butt. Mind your P's and Q's, dot your "i"s and cross your "t"s before you decide that it was the fact you were pushing a Lexus. There are cops who used ot be teachers, who used to be doctors, finacial advisors, mothers, fathers, who saw something greater... hmm sacrifice. Some people's idea of sacrifice is whether they should go with the Tanabe exhaust instead of and LMS exhaust because they want to add a body kit by the summer.

But then again what do I know... I'm just a young black male who drives a Lexus.
Old 04-25-07, 08:55 AM
anitabj
Driver

yeah...it was probably a rookie cop or something....last time i had trouble with the law i was on my bike in anaheim....NOT MY MOTORCYCLE BUT MY BICYCLE......a training cop pulled me over for not having a night light......he asked me if i had a high school diploma which made me furious...i have 2 college degrees for god sakes...so when he asked me if he can search me, i told him NO!!!!, BUT CAN I SEARCH YOU........i got a 10 dollar fine....the look on his face was priceless.....
Old 04-25-07, 09:42 AM
XtrabOoSt
Lexus Test Driver

Sorry To Hear That Bro!..* But You Didnt Have To Let Them Search Your Car!..* But Wateva Im Glad You Got Your Ride Back!..* They Got Nothing Better To Do Like To "Serve & Protect" Pathetic..*
Old 04-25-07, 09:55 AM
jecko714
Lead Lap

MAN ONT. PD. ARE THE BIGGEST KOKS OUT THERE,, THEY GOTMY FRIEND A FEW MONTHS AGO FOR ALMOST THE SAME REASONS,,,GOOD TO SEE UR RIDE IS BACK..
Old 04-25-07, 10:42 AM
Ichigo
Pole Position

sucks to hear that your car got impounded. I would be pissed too. But I dont think its right for people to assume its a race or color thing. I find that people LOVE to throw the race card... when its convienent. But at the end of the day, it was your choice to have the windows tinted and have no license plate.

For all of us who choose to modify our cars in that way, we KNOW its against the rules and the risk we all run is that a police officer may pull us over. Its total BS, but technically we are at fault. Impounding the car... a bit much though.

Quick Reply: car got impounded