IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

car got impounded

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-07, 10:44 AM
KOOLFELLA
Advanced

Received 120 Likes on 58 Posts

Damn & I thought I got harassed. . . . Keep ya head up homie!!
Old 04-25-07, 10:56 AM
Magellan
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unfortunately, these “I got pulled over” posts often bring out the cop haters. But I don’t understand why you can’t admit that with no front plate, illegal tint and registration problems you are breaking the law and should just accept it as a consequence of your actions.

I mean suppose with those tints he let you drive away and you got into a terrible accident a block away. That cop would be looking for another job in addition to those injured suing the city.
Old 04-25-07, 12:12 PM
DEMIK
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

i agree with u totaly magellan. ill admit it i was wrong for having those mods.i knew i was at fault and told the officer i was sry and will get it fixed asap. i told him im from sd and my plates just got there. and i will get them this weekend and fix my tint asap also
but if i had licence problems why didnt the chp officer tow my car the day before u no? thats what im mad about. so ur telling me that if the dmv told u that ur licence is renewed but ur motorcyle licence is not complete becouse someone at the dmv didnt turn in ur motorcyle licence paper work correctly u wouldnt be up set? would u be mad if they towed ur car becouse of this. im not saying i hate cops. i just wish they would take in considerations like a normal. person. he new i was from sd. and if i didnt live right across the street how the hell would i get home.
i deal with police on my *** all the time. its nothing big to me. being half black and Filipino driving a modified lexus adds to it. i wanted to be a cop but just was scared of being shot.
Old 04-25-07, 12:14 PM
kilo6_one
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

man, it looks good on that wrecker. sorry to hear about that.
yes if it was such a problem CHP should have done the same thing the day before, they use the same system to check validity of DMV information. so i think he was being an ***....... but whats new.
they must have been bored. Two cars parked in the way they did you would have thought you were a felon......
Old 04-25-07, 12:42 PM
t.is350.h
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man wat did you do??? they treated you like a criminal or something...... that's really suck, you loss 350 dollars for nothing man. Sue them...
Old 04-25-07, 12:46 PM
Magellan
Lead Lap

I understand demik's frustration with the situation. It appears the cop resorted to towing the car due to registration problems.

Perhaps this could be a lesson for us all. If we’re not carrying valid registration, for any reason, we should make a quick trip to AAA or the local DMV and get something in writing to show the police if pulled over, especially if you’re already somewhat of a cop “magnet” by having illegal mods.

Last edited by Magellan; 04-25-07 at 01:37 PM.
Old 04-25-07, 12:49 PM
ReLexin
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

good thing you weren't "ridin dirty!"
Old 04-25-07, 01:04 PM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

Typical OPD. All those lights and drama over a missing front plate and some window tint. I hope you get it resolved and get your money back.
Old 04-25-07, 01:24 PM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

RCMP rnt a whole lot better ... ive got tint tickets, 10km/h over tickets, CROSSING A SOLID LINE in to the HOV lane tickets...

heres an idea: if u want to issue traffic tickets, y dont u go find all the people who cant drive properly. ie: people that randomly turn from the wrong lane, stop w.o reason, cant stay in their own lane, dont use turn signals, dont have break lights, i think i can stop there ... weve all had experiences with ultra idiot drivers and kno what im talking about
Old 04-25-07, 02:47 PM
DEMIK
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Magellan
I understand demik's frustration with the situation. It appears the cop resorted to towing the car due to registration problems.

Perhaps this could be a lesson for us all. If we’re not carrying valid registration, for any reason, we should make a quick trip to AAA or the local DMV and get something in writing to show the police if pulled over, especially if you’re already somewhat of a cop “magnet” by having illegal mods.
i had a valid dmv temporary license that expired in june 07 sir.........
Old 04-25-07, 03:01 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by demik
i had a valid dmv temporary license that expired in june 07 sir.........
demik:

u should go to the court and fight for it. explain your situation and tell the judge that the cops are abusing their rights to impound your car (cos they know you're from SD). Tell the judge CHP's incident and why they need to go to the extreme to impound your car?

Well, think about this: you got nothing to lose in a way (you need to pay the ticket/fix the problem anyway). You just need to waste some of your time going to the court and talk to the judge about it.....hey, you'll never know, you might win the case too!

Good luck and keep us posted!
Old 04-25-07, 03:11 PM
KKelly
Lead Lap

My GF got pulled over for going (10) under at 2 AM (45) in a (55). The cop pulled her over and gave her a ticket for not being able to see the "year" sticker on the back plate (RX330) - the dealer plastic plate cover covered part of the year. Anyway, the damn cop asked her how to spell "Lexus". My GF replied, I can't believe that you are a cop and can't spell Lexus. The ticket went from a warning to a $50.00 fine. She said she didn't mind the fine as she was able to see the look of anger on the face of the female officer.

Let's see, 2:00 a.m. (bars are closing) and your girlfriend is driving 10mph under the speed limit. The cop thought she was drunk which would explain the spellling test. MOST people on the roads at 2:00 a.m. have had a few pops and driving slow is as much a sign of a drunk as swerving. She should have answered the questions respectfully.
Old 04-25-07, 04:49 PM
ONEdirty23
Pole Position

Sorry to hear about your car man, at least tow truck guys were careful about not damaging your car. Myself, I have two tickets, one from chp and one from local PD. Its just a risk we all take and have to deal with. Hope all goes well if you do decide to fight the ticket/impound fees.
-Richard
Old 04-25-07, 05:31 PM
IS_NIICE
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

demik, that really blows--and makes me think twice about modding my car. me and my friend had a similar run in with the cops a few months ago.

he also has a 2is in sgm. i was in front of him in my car and he was behind me. we were driving down this one street and traffic was moving very slow. we had to make a left at the next light, and since it seemed like a car in front of us had stalled or something he just drove in the median about 300 feet up until the left turn intersection. at that moment a cop passed by in the other direction and since i was following him--sirened both of to pull over in the residential area. we both pulled over, and he went over to him first. my friend was in his car saying that he wanted his lawyer yadda yadda. about 1 hour later, they had completely tore apart his car searching for things, and he ended up getting his car impounded for the same reason, a supposed "suspended license". by this point my friend is just laughing at the cop, because he knows his license was not suspended and that his lawyer would just end up screwing over his department. so they flatbedded his car. and he called up his lawyer and told him the incident and he got him his car back the following morning, delivered to his front doorstep. he got a ticket for susp. license, driving on the wrong side of the road, and no front plate. all of them ended up voided because of the officer's mistake. to this day i think he was just being an a-hole. oh yeah, and then an hour later after his car is gone, he comes up to me, asks to search me and i say no way, and he just leaves with his partner.

be careful guys. you must know that as much as some cops help those in need...they get paid by filling their traffic quotas. if they save you from a burning building, they get a medal. medal/paycheck...hmm?
Old 04-25-07, 06:02 PM
andone
Lead Lap

Wow sorry to hear that about your car. At lease the tow guys toke care of your baby for you.

Quick Reply: car got impounded