isam250
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 8 Posts

dang chris that sucks... but ur car is still kool. right
Old 04-25-07, 10:16 PM
hapaboy
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think if the one cop backed the F up off your car he might see the front plate>>.. hehe.

did you ask them if you take the tint off that they would get dimmer lights? sheesh! it's daytime in your car!

hopefully all my law enforcement buddies can stave off an episode like this.

NOTE TO SELF: NO 2IS MINI MEET AT ONTARIO PARKING LOT!

Originally Posted by demik
Old 04-25-07, 11:19 PM
is4fsr
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sad to hear what happened to U. FYI, cops in the Inland Empire are doing round ups of street racers due to multiple race car fatalities in the last few months. Cops knew where racers and drifters meet and they just show up with tow trucks and mechanics. Their mechanics inspect the cars and if they saw anything illegal .... bye bye car ... scrap metal. Even if your car is clean they could still give u a hard time if your car is heavily modded, ie too low, too loud exhaust, too dark tint, etc. Some cops are okay with "show cars" but some are not. I know this info coz I work in ER and I talked to a lot of police officers from different cities, including CHP.
Old 04-26-07, 12:46 AM
gshb
Lead Lap

its the end of the month soon guys. signal when making turns! make complete stop at stop signs! eh...
Old 04-26-07, 01:51 AM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

UGH I hate cops, they have nothing better to do.

I'm sorry to hear of the hassle and I hope you go to court to fight it, maybe you can get your money back.
Old 04-26-07, 07:21 AM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by nabbun
Yes. Some states like Pennsylvania allow you to have only your rear license plates up.http://www.radarbusters.com/support/...r/mistakes.asp
We don't need plates in the front in Florida either
Old 04-26-07, 07:29 AM
olddog
Pole Position

i have recieved 500dollars worth of tickets for having no plates in front.This is in Toronto,Ontario of course. I don't need no more harrassment from cops as i think i might hit the next one that stops me for having no plates in front and so i just ordered a front plate bracket.
I hate cops. They could be doing better things like searching for serial killers rather than useless things like no plates.
Old 04-26-07, 07:58 AM
tdangio
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by olddog
I hate cops. They could be doing better things like searching for serial killers rather than useless things like no plates.
By this logic (which a lot of you seem to have), or lack thereof, you could go shoplift, and when the cop arrests you you could say, "They have better things to do, like catch murderers." When you go and steal a few cars and get sent to PMITA prison, once again, "They should be out catching serial killers." What exactly makes you immune to the law simply because it involves your car? If you are breaking the law and you know it, then a cop has every right to call you on it and ruin your day.
Old 04-26-07, 08:26 AM
Magellan
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by olddog
The reason many States require front plates is because it can be a valuable tool for law enforcement in reading plates on vehicles coming head-on from opposing lanes. Now we can debate how effective it is, but I wouldn’t call it a useless thing.

And if a car with a murderer or child molester is caught this way, would you still hate cops?
Old 04-26-07, 08:33 AM
iobidder
Pole Position

Damn man, that sucks
Old 04-26-07, 08:42 AM
teracon
Driver

Originally Posted by KKelly
Let's see, 2:00 a.m. (bars are closing) and your girlfriend is driving 10mph under the speed limit. The cop thought she was drunk which would explain the spellling test. MOST people on the roads at 2:00 a.m. have had a few pops and driving slow is as much a sign of a drunk as swerving. She should have answered the questions respectfully.
Actually you are as wrong as Bush's foreigh policy in Iraq. If she was drinking, she would had been subjected to a breath test - did not happen. It was raining which is why she was driving slower. Being a little lost did not help either.
Old 04-26-07, 10:06 AM
SonnyIs350
Pole Position

Man what a touchy subject.i 'm also not a big fan of the police they personally never bother me but due tend to pick at my son due to his younger age. IMO it's profiling. But be for real if it wasn't for what they due for us could you imagine the society we would live in today?
Old 04-26-07, 11:16 AM
DEMIK
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

thanks guys for the clublexus input.ive come to the conclusion that the us is ruff and the only way to make it better is to conform to it. couse if u dont it could make it worst for others. like other clublexus peps.... im going to take of my tint some time this week. and go to court to try to get everything dropped. i really could care less about getting my money back couse it would probably cost more to get my 350$ back. i think this was a learning experience and i should learn from it. i think ill start modding my room. at least i wont get ticketed for that .

hey magellen u should be on a debate team. u have very good points. i agree with u totally sir.
Old 04-26-07, 01:02 PM
iobidder
Pole Position

Originally Posted by KKelly
Let's see, 2:00 a.m. (bars are closing) and your girlfriend is driving 10mph under the speed limit. The cop thought she was drunk which would explain the spellling test. MOST people on the roads at 2:00 a.m. have had a few pops and driving slow is as much a sign of a drunk as swerving. She should have answered the questions respectfully.
Not to stereotype or anything.... There are a lot of circumstances as to why someone would driving that slow at 2AM or even 2PM

Originally Posted by teracon
Actually you are as wrong as Bush's foreigh policy in Iraq. If she was drinking, she would had been subjected to a breath test - did not happen. It was raining which is why she was driving slower. Being a little lost did not help either.
Where in Maryland are you? Where was this?
Old 04-26-07, 04:03 PM
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by teracon
I don't see how he was wrong. The cop wasn't having a spelling bee, she was checking to see if the driver was obviously drunk. Duh.

By the way, the cop was doing nothing wrong by making sure the slow driver at 2 a.m. wasn't drunk. However, the driver that gave a smart *** answer to a cop at 2 a.m. certainly earned a ticket.

Quick Reply: car got impounded