IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

car got impounded

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-07, 12:58 AM
DEMIK
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default car got impounded

my car being impounded by the greatest police ever ONTARIO police.

so im sitting in my car about to go meet my friend after work at ontario mills.. i get out and i see a cop drive up and say "get back in the car". he come up to me and asks the usual questions i get asked by the police when they see me. " is this ur car" " are u sure" " u mind if i look in ur car".. blah blah . i tell him sure be my guest. then i give him my license registration and insurance. then tells me the reason why he pulled me over is couse of no front license plate and tint. i tell him ok. keep in mind i got a ticket for tint and no front license plate the day before by a CHP. i say ok then he says " u no that ur licence is expired " i tell him no its not. then tell him that if u look in ur system it says that it is renewed but i cant get my actual licence till the dmv gets my motorcyle paper work in ,all i have is the temporary one they gave me. he says that his system says otherwise.. so im like why didnt the chp impound my car yesterday???? he said that his system is right blah blah ........ well he was a *** to me. told me hes impounding my car blah blah.

2 days later and 350 doallars i got it back. im pretty mad and upset. i think i give my lexus a rest it attracts police.

Old 04-25-07, 01:03 AM
Hartawan
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fuknn hater. Just cause he can't afford one. Sorry to hear, did you get your car back in 1 piece at least?
Old 04-25-07, 01:09 AM
flyfl1pguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yup HATERS!
Old 04-25-07, 01:16 AM
DEMIK
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

thanks hartwan. my friend didn't have time to bust out his tripod. haahh
yea i understand that he was doin his job, but why when i was parked getting out of my car. u no. aren't people getting robbed and killed around me and hes impounding my parked car in a shopping mall's parking lot..thats were my tax money goes..... weird.

man those guys that towed my car were pretty good my lip didnt even scrape. they were cool and said the cops were acting like asses. they took care of my car even put it in a covered parking struture thing o well live and learn and get the hell out of the inland empire.
Old 04-25-07, 01:18 AM
ISbb
Lexus Test Driver

WTF!! Police in the state is way too serious! Look like you had done something wrong, two police cars surrounded you!! You know why they asked those stupid questions? Because our skin color dude! I got pull over once dur to speeding, when I driving my M-Benz A-CLass back in Australia. The officer ask me so many stupid questions... FXXK! I am a Chinese doesn't mean I could drive a M-benz it is just a A-Class... Don't be upset you have to get use to it...
Old 04-25-07, 01:22 AM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by demik
thanks hartwan. my friend didn't have time to bust out his tripod. haahh
yea i understand that he was doin his job, but why when i was parked getting out of my car. u no. aren't people getting robbed and killed around me and hes impounding my parked car in a shopping mall's parking lot..thats were my tax money goes..... weird.

man those guys that towed my car were pretty good my lip didnt even scrape. they were cool and said the cops were acting like asses. they took care of my car even put it in a covered parking struture thing o well live and learn and get the hell out of the inland empire.
sorry to hear that demik.......
dude, file a complain about the cops...they are abusing their rights.....
Old 04-25-07, 01:27 AM
t0e
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

i have 5 window tint tickets. UHHH cops love to pull me over also
Last ticket, 300+ dollars, for going 10mph over traffic limit+tints+license plate cover+smoked lights+for being.... :O haha wow
Old 04-25-07, 01:43 AM
DrShoe
Lead Lap

Damn, I go to school in Inland Empire and this kinda stuff scares me a little. Couldn't they just let your friend drive it home instead of impounding it? It sucks when you mod your car to be different from other IS's but instead it attracts a lot of unwanted attention and to spend unneccessary money on top of that is ridiculous.

I'd understand it's the cops' job to provide safety but in this case how can you harm anyone with a "expired" license (even though it's not expired as you mentioned) and a good-looking car? It just meant they had nothing going on so giving you crap makes their day go by faster and feel more accomplished.

Never was a big N.W.A fan but I agree with their opinion of the police now.
Old 04-25-07, 01:49 AM
joonsta
Lead Lap

Sorry to hear what happened man...hope your baby didn't get hurt .

I personally try to go safe with trivial things like tint, license plates, and similar stuff.

It's so not worth paying hundreds of bucks for .
Old 04-25-07, 01:56 AM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

Sorry to hear that demik. I heard those Inland Empire cops are really cracking down hard; every cop from Pomona east has got something up their butts. Got my only ticket there too; still very bitter. Do you mind if I ask what % tint they busted you for?
Old 04-25-07, 02:12 AM
wushuboy
Driver

man.. this makes me scared about having no license plates in the front.. i guess i could say that might plates havent arrived yet which is true.. but hmm.. i guess i should get it put on.

sorry bout your car getting impounded.. friggin cops.. they really have nothing better to do. such a petty ticket and abuse of power.
Old 04-25-07, 03:38 AM
kattanh3
Lexus Test Driver

sorry to hear that demik... guys I don't get it... why do you takeout the front license plates??? is it something permitted in some states and not in others?
Old 04-25-07, 04:15 AM
nabbun
Lexus Champion

Yes. Some states like Pennsylvania allow you to have only your rear license plates up. When a police officers uses a laser gun to catch your speed, he needs to aim at a reflective piece such as your headlights or front license plate. I just don't like the way it looks on my front bumper so I like it off. If they didn't drill the holes already in my IS, I wouldn't be wearing them, even tho I'm required to by NJ state law.

Edit - Funny thing about Penn state tho, they don't use Laser Guns but they bought a bunch of radar guns that would clock a rock going 70 mph lol

http://www.radarbusters.com/support/...r/mistakes.asp

Last edited by nabbun; 04-25-07 at 05:05 AM.
Old 04-25-07, 05:54 AM
TLe2006
Lexus Champion

You should always park under a light if you're waiting for someone at night. It always makes them suspicious if you park in the dark.
Old 04-25-07, 05:57 AM
IS_Mine
Lexus Test Driver

LOL looks like a bad episode of cops.

I'm sorry to hear about that! But hey they were doing their job. At least the tow company took excellent care of your car. That's what I'd be worried about.

Quick Reply: car got impounded