IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

is the IS XM/Sirius-ready?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-07, 09:09 AM
Fleainat
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question is the IS XM/Sirius-ready?

I'm taking my IS350 in for its 5k mile maint. this Saturday at Longo Lexus... but after having a rental car w/ XM this week for work, I REALLY like satellite radio (I never thought I would care about it).

Does anyone know if the IS is already pre-set up for satellite so the dealer just activates something to make it work? Or is it a big process that would cost a lot? I would only want it if it is nicely integrated into the current stereo (I don't have Nav)

Any guesses as to how much it costs?

Thanks!
Old 04-27-07, 09:12 AM
mwaull
Lexus Test Driver

im not sure how much exactly . . . i know i have nav and i think the addition to mine was like $500-600. I think it would be about the same.

it is not just an "activation," they have to actually order and install a kit for the radio (antenna, etc).
Old 04-27-07, 09:25 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It does not come with XM.

You need to buy the kit and attach it to the car. It's actually more simple than it sounds; there is a link with instructions if you just want to get the kit alone.

Do a search and you'll find it...
Old 04-27-07, 10:14 AM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

God you people are so lazy sometimes. Screw the whole search thing, heres the LINK man. $288 shipped with CL 10% discount using code CL911M from lexus-parts.com. Guys if you have the link for something or know the answer and its readily available, hook a fellow CLer up. Dont make people dig through the countless threads from over a year ago. Its too time consuming and boring.

Last edited by ben_r_; 04-27-07 at 10:50 AM.
Old 04-27-07, 10:19 AM
davidbenji
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ben_r_
God you people are so lazy sometimes. Screw the whole search thing, heres the LINK man. $288 with CL 10% discount using code CL911M from lexus-parts.com. Guys if you have the link for something or know the answer and its readily available, hook a fellow CLer up. Dont make people dig through the countless threads from over a year ago. Its too time consuming and boring.
word! I always scratch my head when people reply to posts full on knowing the answer and then tell you to search. If I had some kind of knowledge I that might be beneficial i would definitely pass it along.

And thanks, def something I wanted to find out as well.
Old 04-27-07, 10:29 AM
SonnyIs350
Pole Position

Very well said benR
Old 04-27-07, 10:59 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by davidbenji
word! I always scratch my head when people reply to posts full on knowing the answer and then tell you to search. If I had some kind of knowledge I that might be beneficial i would definitely pass it along.
"You can give a man a fish and he'll be content for a day.

You can teach a man how to fish and he'll be content for the rest of his life..."

Last edited by PhilipMSPT; 04-27-07 at 11:04 AM.
Old 04-27-07, 11:08 AM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT

You can teach a man how to fish and he'll be content for the rest of his life..."

Ah life lessons distributed free of charge courtesy of club lexus... See guys ya never know what youre going to get here.
Old 04-27-07, 11:30 AM
davidbenji
Pole Position

Talking

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT

haha very true
Old 04-27-07, 11:39 AM
CoasterG
Lead Lap

Do you have Navi or Non-Navi?

Install is the same, but the capabilities on the Navi are much better than the Non-Navi version. The non-navi headunit doesn't have scrolling and can't display more than 1 line of information so its kinda limited. Navi does a nice full fledged display.
Old 04-27-07, 11:51 AM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ben_r_
God you people are so lazy sometimes. Screw the whole search thing, heres the LINK man. $288 shipped with CL 10% discount using code CL911M from lexus-parts.com. Guys if you have the link for something or know the answer and its readily available, hook a fellow CLer up. Dont make people dig through the countless threads from over a year ago. Its too time consuming and boring.
So, how did Ben come up with that link? Did you have it memorized? You probably did a, what's the word, oh yes, SEARCH. Why should anyone expect you, or me, to do the work that they can do with a minimum of work? If the question is an esoteric one, or maybe a subject I know about, I have no problem giving a helping hand IF I KNOW WHERE TO LOOK. But info on an XM radio is so basic that anyone can find it with a few seconds of work. If someone can't figure it out, for whatever reason, it's fair to ask. But there is way too much asking of questions that have readily available answers if the individual would just make a simple effort. We were all noobs at one time, but you have to take a baby step to learn to walk. I don't think that's asking too much.

And it's rich that you call us lazy for not providing the answer while you don't consider the OP lazy for not even attempting to find the answer.
Old 04-27-07, 03:15 PM
Fleainat
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Evitzee

So, how did Ben come up with that link? Did you have it memorized? You probably did a, what's the word, oh yes, SEARCH. Why should anyone expect you, or me, to do the work that they can do with a minimum of work? If the question is an esoteric one, or maybe a subject I know about, I have no problem giving a helping hand IF I KNOW WHERE TO LOOK. But info on an XM radio is so basic that anyone can find it with a few seconds of work. If someone can't figure it out, for whatever reason, it's fair to ask. But there is way too much asking of questions that have readily available answers if the individual would just make a simple effort. We were all noobs at one time, but you have to take a baby step to learn to walk. I don't think that's asking too much.

And it's rich that you call us lazy for not providing the answer while you don't consider the OP lazy for not even attempting to find the answer.

lol I definitely know how to search, but I was just trying to find a more personal answer, since I will be going to LONGO, the largest dealer in the West. I guess I was hoping someone may have had a lucky deal there since it's pretty much the Costco of Lexus...
Old 04-27-07, 04:17 PM
mwaull
Lexus Test Driver

plus the fact it is a forum and EVERYTHING is gonna be found in a search pretty much . . . its aight. Everyone has asked the same questions more than once.
Old 04-27-07, 07:34 PM
Batmobile
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow... i was actually thinking of the same thing... thank you BenR for the link and discount code... appreciate it
Old 04-28-07, 10:26 AM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Evitzee

Acutally I subscribe to the threads that I find useful or that cover topics I too might want to do to my car. I wont use the search feature of this site unless I absolutley have to, the advanced search is very slow and I often still have to read through tons of threads before I find what Im looking for that are usually way old, for the 06's and have no pics. I believe the point of forums is to help people ASAP. If Im working on installing something right now, or ready to pull the trigger on a purchase and I post in a forum for some advice/help, I dont want to hear "do a search"! I need the answers/help/suggestions at that moment. Now someone posting something like: "Hey man, heres the answer, and heres another thread were this topic was covered really well" is perfectly acceptable. But anything else is a waste of my time.

Quick Reply: is the IS XM/Sirius-ready?