IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

How bout this Swap

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-07 | 08:40 AM
LexusBlaze
Driver School Candidate

Default How bout this Swap

Is there anyway i could switch to a ML system from the stock...
Old 04-28-07 | 08:44 AM
Andoskyy
Pole Position

search and you will find
Old 04-28-07 | 09:19 AM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

No you cant and a thread was just started about this like two days ago. Sorry man, I wish I could too!
Old 04-28-07 | 09:33 AM
RamshakleZ
Pole Position

Well, I am sure you can.... anything is possible really. But, it is probably just so outrageously expensive to buy all the individual parts needed that it makes it comepletely pointless.

Are you wanting to add the 14th speaker too or just change out the head unit so you can watch DVDs? I'm not interested in the 14th speaker - I plan do get better aftermarket speakers anyway. But, I would be interested in just a new head unit so I could watch DVDs.
Old 04-28-07 | 09:38 AM
LexusBlaze
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RamshakleZ
Well, I am sure you can.... anything is possible really. But, it is probably just so outrageously expensive to buy all the individual parts needed that it makes it comepletely pointless.

Are you wanting to add the 14th speaker too or just change out the head unit so you can watch DVDs? I'm not interested in the 14th speaker - I plan do get better aftermarket speakers anyway. But, I would be interested in just a new head unit so I could watch DVDs.
I truly just want the DVD playback so basically the head unit and the 14th speaker should make that big of a deal and what is the 14th speaker a larger sub or something... I dont know what yall think but i think our car bumps just with the bass up a lil lol so i dont think i need another speaker
Old 04-28-07 | 09:42 AM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LexusBlaze
I truly just want the DVD playback so basically the head unit and the 14th speaker should make that big of a deal and what is the 14th speaker a larger sub or something... I dont know what yall think but i think our car bumps just with the bass up a lil lol so i dont think i need another speaker
I believe the 14th speaker is the center channel for the 5.1 audio outputted from the DVD player. And you know there has to be another cheaper way to get a video feed into the screen (since thats all it sounds like you want), say for example tapping into the rear view camera feed...?
Old 04-28-07 | 09:47 AM
nabisco
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ben_r_
I believe the 14th speaker is the center channel for the 5.1 audio outputted from the DVD player. And you know there has to be another cheaper way to get a video feed into the screen (since thats all it sounds like you want), say for example tapping into the rear view camera feed...?
I think it makes it 7.1 Not really sure though!
Old 04-28-07 | 10:13 AM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by nabisco
I think it makes it 7.1 Not really sure though!
Ah, you might be correct, I dont know.... Dont have the ML so didnt research it much because it would have only made me feel bad for not having it.