Search this Thread

Old 04-30-07, 08:30 AM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by t0e
seems like a 40mph crash to me .... im so mad = l

Originally Posted by 15951
Why would anyone sue for diminished value on a lease?? If anyone decides to sue for diminished value, it should be Lexus Financial.

Anyway, that accident looks like more than 20 mph. I think the guy might have told you he was only going that fast, but he caused some pretty significant damage. Did you get a police report? Please tell me you did!!
yup i have the police report

Originally Posted by jasonviper
Does your sunroof open? if not they may total it because there maybe just to much structure damage
sunroof still works fine

my guess is that its going to be in the shop for about a month and probably be at least 12k to fix..what a nightmare..i still cant believe this is what my car looks like right now

Last edited by CaThaFeR; 04-30-07 at 08:39 AM.
Old 04-30-07, 09:24 AM
jim350
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What everyone else has said and most importantly, you and anyone who may have been in the car with you was not seriously injured. And as previously posted, neck and/or back injuries are nothing to fool around with and may take a couple of days before they show up. Keep us posted on your health and the health of your baby!
Old 04-30-07, 09:38 AM
RXISF
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is horrible! I would be devasted! What kind of car hit you?

Definitely make sure you get some extra bucks on top of the damage. It's compensation for your inconvience and time. And you never know if they will tack on a charge when the lease is done.
Old 04-30-07, 09:54 AM
ISbb
Lexus Test Driver

That exactly what happened to my Sister's Camry in Canada... only the dude didn't stop at all... Hit her hard! So hard! Good luck to you and your babewith the body shop... I think you might consider sell your bade after repair...
Old 04-30-07, 10:41 AM
jdoolitt
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 15951
Why would anyone sue for diminished value on a lease?? If anyone decides to sue for diminished value, it should be Lexus Financial.
Who said sue? Insurance companies can provide for diminished value without having to be sued. Anyway I didnt realize this was a leased vehicle, but so what? Unless the OP holds onto the vehicle the entire length of the lease - he/she is on the hook for the value. It is fair and reasonable to ask for dimnished value, lease or not.
Old 04-30-07, 10:44 AM
RU514
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jim350
What everyone else has said and most importantly, you and anyone who may have been in the car with you was not seriously injured. And as previously posted, neck and/or back injuries are nothing to fool around with and may take a couple of days before they show up. Keep us posted on your health and the health of your baby!
yeah this is a terrible story...glad you are ok.....yeah and about your health, I was hit from behind in another car and had whiplash but didn't think much of it at that time....until a few days later when the pain started to emerge so you should take precaution and may want to check yourself out at a doctor or something
Old 04-30-07, 11:13 AM
Letz250
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ouch, these images hurt Gladly only the car was injured. - That´s hard enough to bare thou. - In case it will be totaled, hope you´ll have more luck with your next baby. A nice little IS-F perhaps??
Old 04-30-07, 11:43 AM
r1lee
Intermediate

Received 59 Likes on 32 Posts

Glad you're ok, that's all that matters. So patch the baby up and she'll be as good as new. Good luck.
Old 04-30-07, 11:49 AM
IS_NIICE
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

you know what, are smoked taillights illegal in NY? cause if they are, the person in the other vehicle can claim they never saw you brake cause your lights were too black. and then youre done. it happened to one of my brother's friends. accident was not his fault at all but other person blamed it on his blacked out lights--and it was ruled in their favor.
Old 04-30-07, 12:27 PM
trio
Driver

Originally Posted by ron_is350
you know what, are smoked taillights illegal in NY? cause if they are, the person in the other vehicle can claim they never saw you brake cause your lights were too black. and then youre done. it happened to one of my brother's friends. accident was not his fault at all but other person blamed it on his blacked out lights--and it was ruled in their favor.
it should tell on the police report who is at fault.

The damage doesn't look that bad for a 20 mph hit. as long as you take it to a good body shop that replaces the damaged parts with OEM parts, you should be good. I'd say probably 10k worth of damage.

Unfortantely insurance companies in NY don't acknowledge diminished value, but since it's a lease that shouldn't bother you too much.

good to hear you are safe.
Old 04-30-07, 12:52 PM
josephdoc
Lexus Champion

Sigh...
It hurts even just to look at the pictures. I feel you girl!
Don't forget to count the Tanabe M/T, and possible damage on the R/R wheel.
Old 04-30-07, 12:53 PM
Xanadu350
Racer

Received 147 Likes on 107 Posts

Does anyone know how the IS fairs with crash testing? Seeing this has me a little worried about intrusion into the cabin for passengers, if this was 20 mph it seems like pretty severe damage, how would the IS fair it it was something similar at 45? I'm concerned cause most people around here in FL drive crazy. Should I be concerned? I'm getting close to possibly special ordering an IS.

thanks
Old 04-30-07, 02:07 PM
t3abag
Driver

zaino will buff that right out :P I had to say it since nobody else said it lol

ok, jokes aside, its good that you are not hurt. I would be sooo pissed if that was my car. Anyways, take it to a good repair shop and it is possible they can fix it good as new. You just have to be very involved in the process.
Old 04-30-07, 02:35 PM
is2fiddy
Driver

Sorry about your baby, it hurts me just as much you!!!!. Still one of the best IS's on this site. I am sure you will bring her back to life. Glad your okay!!!
Old 04-30-07, 02:40 PM
t0e
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok, maybe it wasn't 40mph, but it was deff more than 20MPH

Quick Reply: Lexafer got hurt today