IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

About survey

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-07, 11:30 AM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts
Default built quality survey

talking about survey, I just got this email today (see below)

This survey is customized, they will give you customized login and password for your own car....

will update this when I hear anything from them......

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Please Give Us Your Feedback on Your New Lexus!

Dear XXX:

Thank you for choosing Lexus. It is our privilege to make your ownership experience as rewarding as possible.

We regularly survey our customers to solicit feedback regarding our vehicles. Your responses will provide us with the valuable product and preference information that may influence the planning of future vehicles. The information you provide will be communicated directly to the factory that built your IS 250, as well as many other departments at Lexus. As such, we would appreciate your efforts in providing specific comments related to any issues you might have.

Please help us constantly improve your Lexus ownership experience by visiting this survey site and sharing your feedback.

https://www.lexusopinion.com/

Should you experience any technical problems when completing the survey, please reply to this email and put 'paper survey' in the subject line. We will mail you a paper copy of the survey in English within 7-10 business days. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you for choosing Lexus and for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback.

Sincerely,

Bob Carter
Group Vice President and General Manager
Lexus Headquarters
Old 05-03-07, 04:07 PM
kattanh3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is what it comes down to
Originally Posted by TWQ83
Bottom line is if your salesperson took care of you then PLEASE take care of your salesperson

The on-phone survey was very different... they were asking about the salesperson of course but also about the dealership as well... as in how convenient is the location, how far is it from your accommodation, how do you rate staff availability in your branch, how is the accessories department...etc. and that's where I commented accordingly.

Having that said, I had specifically asked the salesperson if the Middle East specs had the rain sensors on the wipers and he answered that they didn't since it doesn't rain frequently here and from their experience customers normally don't go for this option as it's not cost-effective over here. Then I asked if it plays DVDs and he answered that it plays audio dvds, navi dvds but not movies! and when I bought the car I found that these facilities were available, so on my 1K service I approached him in a very friendly way (this guy knows me well by now because I was with my friends when they bought an IS and ES from him in the two months before my purchase) I just wanted to let him know how they work... his answer was that he had never said that these options were not available!!! That did upset me so I asked him in front of other potential customers how to turn them on and he got cornered... IMO he was not being professional and he deserved it, even thought I rated him fairly.

I am sure that this is not the norm as Lexus is well known for their customer care but so far my experience suggests otherwise:
  • downgraded engine (3.0 3GR-FE)
  • zero accessories
  • No exterior colour / interior material samples (only on the website)
  • only 2 options (with [spoiler+Navi+ML] or without them)
  • dropped-out options (active cruise control, 18" rims)
  • an exceptional salesman
You would think that I should have went to another dealer instead, but this is the only dealer in the country.
Old 05-03-07, 06:06 PM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TWQ83
You can fix that ............. Check it out!!!

http://www.coastaletech.com/
That's garbage... And doesn't work with the V6.1DVD (2007)... Anyway, I did the full nav hack so I have full functionality...
Old 05-03-07, 06:57 PM
maddave
Driver

Received 32 Likes on 11 Posts

We've brought about 8 cars from our saleman so we've always had high ratings for him...the survey got me tint on my first purchase(is300) and i got weather mats for my is350.
Old 05-03-07, 07:55 PM
andone
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I still didn't get my survey yet and dealer gave me the wrong all weather mats. They gave me AWD mats instead of RWD Manual mats.. Still waiting for them to replace it.
Old 05-03-07, 07:56 PM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by maddave
We've brought about 8 cars from our saleman so we've always had high ratings for him...the survey got me tint on my first purchase(is300) and i got weather mats for my is350.
8 cars from the same sales person? Damn, I hope you get all your cars at or below invoice