IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Non-ML CD player problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-07, 01:51 PM
CWS
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Non-ML CD player problem

Car is a year old, and has been perfect up to now. Yesterday, I was swapping out some CDs for new ones, and something got hosed. It would not eject one of them, so I kept pushing buttons - audio and engine off, on, eject, etc. - and finally gave up. Then, drove a few miles, cut the engine, restarted, and the CD ejected! So, I loaded another CD in its place. Then, pushed another number, and it hosed up again. Now, there are lights in 5 of 6 spots, indicating a CD is loaded, but no light is "on" to indicate that one of them is 'selected'. Can't select one, and nothing works on the player (like the 'sound' button, etc). Here's the kicker - if I push the "eject" button, it switches to the last radio I had set - FM or AM.

Anyone know how to force a CD to eject?
I hate to take it in for replacement/repair, since that will probably be the beginning of all kinds of rattles.

In searching this forum, I found one opinion that humidity might be the culprit. Might be, since it is very wet here in TX now. I tried running the heater on max for a while to dry it out, but that didn't help.
Old 05-03-07, 01:58 PM
istundra
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

bring it in for warranty?
Old 05-03-07, 02:39 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by istundra
bring it in for warranty?
Seriously.... if you have a car thats still under warrenty you have no problem...
Old 05-03-07, 03:05 PM
Julez
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This worked for me
Originally Posted by LexyIS350
I had the same thing happen to me when I tried playing a particular DVD-A disc. It would load in and not play or eject out. So what I end up doing was take another CD. Press the eject button and while it's start making the noise like it's about to eject the disc, I would actually try and push in the CD I'm holding (but not all the way in). By doing so, it would trigger the changer to spit out the problem disc. In fact I did this twice, because I was stupid enough to reload the problem disc back in hoping it'll play but instead it gave me the same error.
Goodluck
Old 05-03-07, 06:31 PM
CWS
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Julez
This worked for me
I'll try that, but I don't think it even makes an attempt to eject one; it just switches to the radio when I push eject.
On another note, though, the last time I drove it this afternoon, I changed from radio to CD after starting the car, and it started playing one of the CDs!!! Well, silly me, I couldn't leave well-enough alone, so I tried to change to another disc, and I'm back where I started. Next time it plays, I'll let it play a long time - maybe it just needs to get warmed up. If it continues to mess up, I guess I'll have to take it in.