IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

premature wear on perforated seat

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-07, 07:52 PM
newis350
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default premature wear on perforated seat

i have the sterling leather with perforated seats. i noticed that the front area of the seats are starting to look really worn. has anyone experienced the same problem? my car was manufactured in Oct. 2005.

and please, no fat jokes.
Old 05-06-07, 07:54 PM
joonsta
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you leave the car out in the sun?

Leather is supposed to wear down...if it's creases and wrinkles, don't worry about it.

A car is a damn car.

Use Lexol's leather cleaner and conditioner once in a while, and it'll prevent cracks or something...and THAT's what you want to avoid.
Old 05-06-07, 08:48 PM
SpookJr
Rookie

He said "premature" which does not mean normal wear and tear.

Last edited by LexFather; 05-07-07 at 07:32 PM. Reason: .
Old 05-06-07, 08:55 PM
joonsta
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SpookJr
He said "premature" which does not mean normal wear and tear. Try reading the post before answering every thread with useless information.
why don't you give the OP some advice instead of just bashing me for fun?

At least I tried to help and made a suggestion.

Without pictures, how would any of us know if the wear would actually be deemed as premature?

*sigh*

Last edited by LexFather; 05-07-07 at 07:32 PM.
Old 05-06-07, 11:34 PM
MoLexus
Lexus Test Driver

He said "premature" which does not mean normal wear and tear. Try reading the post before answering every thread with useless information.
While he does that why don't you not waste a post with your negative a** attitude.
Old 05-07-07, 02:37 AM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i notice lotsa creases n wrinkles on my driver's seat vs the passenger seat. i think it's due to the fact that i'm in n out of my car constantly for work.
Old 05-07-07, 03:05 AM
Drunkebuda
Lexus Test Driver

I got the same problem too on the driver side not the passenger side hummmm lets make a poll if u can to see who has the same problem
Old 05-07-07, 06:11 AM
SpookJr
Rookie

Originally Posted by MoLexus
While he does that why don't you not waste a post with your negative a** attitude.
I dont have a bad attitude but if you look at almost every thread Joonsta replies to almost everything whether its useful or not. .

Last edited by LexFather; 05-07-07 at 07:32 PM.
Old 05-07-07, 06:47 AM
jdoolitt
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Give him a break... he is like 16, right? :P
Old 05-07-07, 08:23 AM
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Wrinkles and creases are normal characteristics of leather seating surfaces. Actual wear after a short time is not. If you're saying the coating on the leather is wearing already -- that is, the texture of the seat feels different where you're describing "wear" -- then I would have the dealer take a look at it.

In warmer climates, it's important to clean and condition leather seats at least every 2-3 months. I use Zaino's products, and they work very well. Lexol makes good products as well. If the leather has been neglected, there's a company called Leatherique that makes a good product to address that issue.

I suggest you clean the seats before doing anything else. If you're not used to having leather seats, dirt can be confused for "wear". Leather seats will look like crap if not properly cleaned and conditioned after awhile. Good luck.
Old 05-07-07, 09:27 AM
kilo6_one
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ i agree, i have noticed that the creases in the leather hold dirt, grime and dust so it makes it look older then it really is, use the above products and you should be ok. now if its physically cracking that is a different issue all together
Old 05-07-07, 10:25 AM
nabisco
Lead Lap

I complained to Lexus about my leather on the drivers seat after 1 month of having it. They said it was normal wear and that it should be expected. After I received my car back from service they had cleaned and conditioned it and it looked like the day I bought the car. I guess they where correct!
Old 05-07-07, 11:29 AM
joonsta
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jdoolitt
Give him a break... he is like 16, right? :P
Eh...no.

I dont have a bad attitude but if you look at almost every thread Joonsta replies to almost everything whether its useful or not. He's a post *****.
I don't know why you're so passionate about what I post, but you've got PM.

Let's settle this like two civilized people.

Sorry for steering off-topic...so much for personal attacks.
Old 05-07-07, 04:31 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

I dont have a bad attitude but if you look at almost every thread Joonsta replies to almost everything whether its useful or not. He's a post *****.
LOL so what??? I post I lot of junk too! Its fun and you are still actively participating in the conversation! In fact.... Im WHORING it up RIGHT NOW!!!

BWA HA HA HA!!!!
Old 05-07-07, 05:23 PM
is4fsr
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by newis350
i have the sterling leather with perforated seats. i noticed that the front area of the seats are starting to look really worn. has anyone experienced the same problem? my car was manufactured in Oct. 2005.

and please, no fat jokes.
Try using leather cleaner and conditioner. I think Lexol will do the trick. Weather is a big factor with leather problems. Cold/hot weather affects your leather seat condition just like wood. It expands when it's hot and shrinks when it's cold(also gets brittle and it cracks which leads to creases). The creases are normal wear and tear but changes in climate expedite this occurence. Leather conditioner will keep your seats moist and prevent(at least slows down) them from cracking.

Quick Reply: premature wear on perforated seat