IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Getting my TPMS programmed

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-07, 11:32 PM
josephdoc
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TPMS is very nice to have, but I rather not to have it.
It does protect in many ways, but when the battery goes out, it will be pain to have all replaced.
Old 05-13-07, 10:10 AM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by totoro1224
I went to the dealer yesterday and turned off the DRL and programmed 2nd set of TPMS. You will have to use their computer and connect to your OBD system. The TPMS registration will give you 5 mins to input all 4 sensor code into the database. I got a set of TPMS from a Toyota which made by Pacific and it works. On the computer screen, you can see the sensor ID, temperature, pressure off each sensor, including the spare tire, and you can also program a certain pressure point to set off the Low Tires Pressure warning. So you can just grab a set of TPMS off of a Toyota as well to save some $.
what's the part # from toyota?
Old 05-13-07, 10:11 AM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Originally Posted by josephdoc
TPMS is very nice to have, but I rather not to have it.
It does protect in many ways, but when the battery goes out, it will be pain to have all replaced.
how long does the batt last usually????
Old 05-13-07, 04:09 PM
Cleric
Driver

Originally Posted by kickin8
how long does the batt last usually????
I think the battery is expected to last at least 5 years, maybe more. I think the battery is replaceable too and may use a common lithium battery. I have thought about battery life too and my thoughts are to just have all the batteries replaced some time in the 4th or 5th year of ownership when I have tires replaced.
Old 05-13-07, 08:31 PM
fbdog
Driver School Candidate

the pre-april 06 TPMS
Toyota P/N 42607-30030 have an FCC # of PAXPMV1017 and IC # 3729APMV1017 (i saw a picture of this label the last digits might be different couldn't tell)

the post-april 06 TPMS
Toyota P/N 42607-33021 have a FCC # of PAXPMV107J and IC # 3729APMV107J (i have these in hand and saw another set with the same numbers for an 07 Toyota)

credit goes to sinister2c found here: http://sr1.clublexus.com/forums/show...=195631&page=4
Old 05-16-07, 12:53 PM
mctuners
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Cleric
They can but they may be hesitant because there will be no way for them to confirm they are functioning once they are registered into the ECU. Are not not planning on having Lexus mount them? If not, the dealer may also not warranty this because if there is an issue that is found only after these sensors get mounted to the wheels there is no way to know if the place that mounted the tire/sensors did not cause the damage.

To make things easier for you, I would recommend having Lexus or Toyota intially mount the sensors to the wheels and program them. When times comes to replace your tires in the future you can take them anywhere you choose since they are already registered and installed (and known to work).
Hmm.. I know that it would be the best, but the stealership charges way too much for mounting the tires on the wheels.
Old 05-16-07, 01:02 PM
OoAaronoO
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so for these sensors does it matter what ones u get the pre-april 06 or the post april.. goin on a 07 is 250
Old 05-16-07, 01:35 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Originally Posted by fbdog
the pre-april 06 TPMS
Toyota P/N 42607-30030 have an FCC # of PAXPMV1017 and IC # 3729APMV1017 (i saw a picture of this label the last digits might be different couldn't tell)

the post-april 06 TPMS
Toyota P/N 42607-33021 have a FCC # of PAXPMV107J and IC # 3729APMV107J (i have these in hand and saw another set with the same numbers for an 07 Toyota)

credit goes to sinister2c found here: http://sr1.clublexus.com/forums/show...=195631&page=4
thanks!
Old 05-16-07, 02:48 PM
totoro1224
Driver

Originally Posted by Cleric
They can but they may be hesitant because there will be no way for them to confirm they are functioning once they are registered into the ECU. Are not not planning on having Lexus mount them? If not, the dealer may also not warranty this because if there is an issue that is found only after these sensors get mounted to the wheels there is no way to know if the place that mounted the tire/sensors did not cause the damage.

To make things easier for you, I would recommend having Lexus or Toyota intially mount the sensors to the wheels and program them. When times comes to replace your tires in the future you can take them anywhere you choose since they are already registered and installed (and known to work).
Mctuners: Yes, you can take just the sensor and have it program without mounting to the wheel, that's what I did.

Cleric: Once you have those number programmed into the ECU, you can right away see the data from each sensor, such as temp, pressure, so you they are functioning.
Old 05-16-07, 02:50 PM
totoro1224
Driver

They are used from a Toytoa Tacoma or Tundra, don't remember exactly anymore, but on the sensor itself, it doesn't have any Toyota/Lexus parts number, as the same to the one you have mounted in your wheels right now. You will only see the parts number from the manufacture "Pacific".
Old 06-27-08, 07:43 PM
skanlis
Driver School Candidate

Just had my new tpms programed at the local Toyota Dealer for 95$. They said this was a standard charge for acessing the ecu. The process was very quick. They were able to get the serial numbers from the sensors without having to dismount the tires. The new sensors are now set as the 2nd set of tires in the ecu.
Old 06-27-08, 08:10 PM
slowandlow
Lead Lap

lex of annarbor wanted 110 to program also they said you need the sencor mounted and woke up to do it. so i took it to my local race shop and they did it for 35$ but i now have a warning light when switching over to the seccond set
Old 06-27-08, 08:34 PM
XprincoX
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

hmm im gonna need to get mine programmed pretty soon too. Good info here.
Old 06-27-08, 09:07 PM
iialcii
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by skanlis
Just had my new tpms programed at the local Toyota Dealer for 95$. They said this was a standard charge for acessing the ecu. The process was very quick. They were able to get the serial numbers from the sensors without having to dismount the tires. The new sensors are now set as the 2nd set of tires in the ecu.
Its the stealership. I called and got quoted from the following dealerships in the bay area. Putnam, Magnussens, and Serramonte. the following prices in order 165, 148, 160. This is crazy i think! i told them ill mount the sensors and provide the codes and location of where it is mounted. Also indicated that it would take no more than 30 min to program. all they had to do is access the ecu and input the codes for the second set. But the service advisor gave me a bunch of crap.

then I called 3 local toyota dealerships and they refused to work on Lexus's . the service agent who answered the phone said they only work on Toyotas. I thought this was bs.

Here I am with a second set of sensors and my wheels in my room trying to find a place to program.

Anyone in the Bay Area recommend a place to get them programmed? that would help alot. could use some local chimes

thanks
Old 06-28-08, 12:49 AM
likwid8
Pole Position

wow, they charge grip. newport lexus did mine for free.

Quick Reply: Getting my TPMS programmed