2 ??s... Footwell Light & Voice Rec

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-07, 07:57 PM
RamshakleZ
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 ??s... Footwell Light & Voice Rec

Two questions...

1. Is there any way to dim (or turn off) the footwell light w/o turning off the instrument cluster lights? When I turn the dim switch for the instrument cluster, the footwell light stays 100% bright. It only turns off when I turn the instrument cluster lights off completely.

2. Is there any way to turn off the detailed voice prompts in the telephone mode? I know how to turn them off in the navigation mode so that when I touch the voice prompt button it just beeps quickly and I can say my command. However, if I say "dial by name" or if I am in the telephone mode and want to do something, I still get the long voice prompts before I can say my actual command. VERY annoying. It takes her FOREVER to say "when the screen switches... blah blah blah... say the name......" By that point I could have had a complete conversation with someone!!

Last edited by RamshakleZ; 05-08-07 at 08:06 PM.
Old 05-09-07, 04:50 AM
RamshakleZ
Pole Position

So - I take it that by the non-responses this cannot be done??
Old 05-09-07, 07:25 AM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1) go down there and unplug them if you want them off, no way to dim them

2) not that I have heard of. i looked around too for that a while back, but found nothing.
Old 05-09-07, 07:29 AM
supaIS350
Lead Lap

the footwell light dims when you put the car in drive. it's brighter in park mode.
Old 05-09-07, 08:22 AM
MLevinson
Pole Position

You can have the LED footwell lights turned off by the dealer - it's an option listed under the LPS sheet as I understand it.
Old 05-09-07, 08:28 AM
RamshakleZ
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MLevinson
You can have the LED footwell lights turned off by the dealer - it's an option listed under the LPS sheet as I understand it.
Nope - not on the sheet (looking at it now). But, I guess unplugging it is easy enough. I was actually hoping I could dim them b/c I do want them on - just not as bright. Oh well.
Old 05-09-07, 09:17 AM
BounceNY
Lexus Test Driver

At first I wanted mine dimmed as well, but now I find that I don't even notice they're ON. So I would suggest keeping them for a bit, and see if they really bother you.
Old 05-09-07, 09:30 AM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by BounceNY
At first I wanted mine dimmed as well, but now I find that I don't even notice they're ON. So I would suggest keeping them for a bit, and see if they really bother you.
Same here. I really never see them. I kinda thought they werent bright enough unless its really dark outside, and I dont really drive that much at night.
Old 05-09-07, 09:48 AM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

i dont think u can dim LED? it's either on or off.....?
Old 05-09-07, 09:55 AM
Buds
Lexus Test Driver

Like many have said, I noticed them at first but I dont really notice them anymore.

I'm like you, I wish there were some shortcuts to the voice command. It's faster for me to push the talk button on my steering wheel and press a speed dial name than it is for me to "dial by name"
Old 05-09-07, 10:22 AM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by kickin8
i dont think u can dim LED? it's either on or off.....?
Sure you can, you can put a resistor in series and it will def dim. Youd have to cut the wire though and I would recomment doing anything permanent to your brand new lexus...
Old 05-09-07, 10:23 AM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Buds
Like many have said, I noticed them at first but I dont really notice them anymore.

I'm like you, I wish there were some shortcuts to the voice command. It's faster for me to push the talk button on my steering wheel and press a speed dial name than it is for me to "dial by name"
You know, thats the problem I had at first too, then I just added all the people I usually call to the speed dial list and all you have to do while driving is tap the off hook button on the steering wheel and it brings up the speed dial list and you can touch who you want to call. I find that to be much easier.
Old 05-09-07, 10:29 AM
T-Rex06
Ho Motorsports

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by RamshakleZ
1. Is there any way to dim (or turn off) the footwell light w/o turning off the instrument cluster lights? When I turn the dim switch for the instrument cluster, the footwell light stays 100% bright. It only turns off when I turn the instrument cluster lights off completely.
I believe you can have it turned off in the LPS setting. Personally I don't mind the light. Check your LPS features in your manual. I'm pretty sure about it.

Terrance
Old 05-09-07, 11:13 AM
RamshakleZ
Pole Position

Originally Posted by T-Rex06
I believe you can have it turned off in the LPS setting. Personally I don't mind the light. Check your LPS features in your manual. I'm pretty sure about it.

Terrance
It's not on the LPS list. I just took my car to the dealer this morning to have those done and reread the list to make certain. Oh well, no big deal. The voice tag thing was my big problem... and there doesn't seem to be any fix to that (other than using the speed dial list).
Old 05-09-07, 11:37 AM
MLevinson
Pole Position

Originally Posted by RamshakleZ
Nope - not on the sheet (looking at it now). But, I guess unplugging it is easy enough. I was actually hoping I could dim them b/c I do want them on - just not as bright. Oh well.
You’re correct - I was looking at the light control section which has to do w/the auto-dimming of the footwell lights and the parameters that control their operation. It was a little ambiguous as to what you could control so it read as if you could turn the lights themselves [ON] or [OFF] – but in reality it’s the light control function that you enable or disable.

Anyway, you could always wrap a little black electrical tape to block the light - since they are LED's no worry about the tape heating up and melting; or just pop them out.

Quick Reply: 2 ??s... Footwell Light & Voice Rec