IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

flat tire service part2

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-07 | 04:29 PM
celica2nv
Rookie

Default flat tire service part2

So i had a flat on friday and drove on the spare until monday morning when i took it in to Lexus. I received a call Monday stating that the tire wouldnt be in until Tuesday and that i had to come pick the car up. I said i am not driving on the flat again this is 4 days now that i have been driving on it. After fighting they give me a loaner. Now today Tueday, I get a call saying we are really sorry the tire will not be in until Friday, Maybe! We need you to bring the loaner back and you can pick up the car! I go there and go nuts....I dont understand...I have been driving on a SPARE for 4 days and now you are asking me to drive 50 miles a day for the next 4 days and maybe the tire will be in....MAYBE....What kind of customer service is this. I talked to the service manager and he got on the phone and could not find one tire for me. THe story i got is that the tire that is on my car is stuck on the west coast and the east coast region that we are in is out of them.....So i say well thats nice...let me get in my car and go hit something and blow out all of my tires then what the F are you going to do for me...No answer of course...so i said go get one of those cars that have been sitting on your lot take the tire off it and put it on mine...so they agree to that....here is the biggest kicker...the techs are all out by this time...6 o clock....so they cant do it until tomorrow...so what do they do....GIVE ME A LOANER!!!!!!! OH NOWWWW you have a loaner for me.....This is complete B.S....what are your thoughts...am i out of line or what? I think i shouldnt have to pay for it and then some....what would you guys do? Im thinking of calling LEXUS head office.
Old 05-09-07 | 04:43 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

you are out of line. you asked.
Old 05-09-07 | 04:47 PM
CAIFAN_64
Lexus Champion

I agree ^^^^^^
Old 05-09-07 | 05:15 PM
socalJD
Lexus Champion

IMHO, I would never go to a Lexus dealer to have a flat repaired or replaced. Any reputable tire shop can either patch the tire or get you a replacement. Put it this way, a reputable tire shop does tires all day long, a Lexus service dept maybe handles tire issues 5% (guesstimate) of the time, so who do you think will most efficiently handle your tire issue ???
Old 05-09-07 | 05:18 PM
davidbenji
Pole Position

its pretty cool they gave you a loaner tho
Old 05-09-07 | 05:26 PM
Lexus Test Driver

I feel bad for the Lexus dealer that they had to put up with this. They ordered a tire, that's the best they can do. I'm shocked that they gave you a loaner for this.
Old 05-09-07 | 05:36 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

I think its cool they gave you a loaner for this, I would have just taken it to a tire shop, and I think it is REALLY lame that they close there shops at like 5:30 or something. The Toyota dealerships SHOPS around here are open till midnight! They are ALWAYS there to work on your car and its AWESOME!
Old 05-09-07 | 05:40 PM
slowandlow
Lead Lap

what tire is on your car?

i say go to tire rack .com and get the tire. but it might be a speical oem verson of the tire
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Compar...=Y&RunFlat=All

Last edited by slowandlow; 05-09-07 at 05:46 PM.
Old 05-09-07 | 05:46 PM
slowandlow
Lead Lap

all 3 tires that came in the is is there
Old 05-09-07 | 06:07 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Shame on the dealer for using his inventory as a parts depot to replace your tire. That wasn't right. It sounds like he is doing his best, but asking for a loaner for a frickin' flat is asking a lot, imvho. Consider yourself lucky, but you probably haven't made any friends at the service department.

You have no grounds to call Lexus Corporate. What did anyone do wrong?
Old 05-09-07 | 06:39 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Originally Posted by celica2nv
...now you are asking me to drive 50 miles a day for the next 4 days and maybe the tire will be in..
don't make your problem, their problem. They are not obligated to give you a loaner for a flat. They did you a favor in the first place, then it bites them in the ***. Very nice!
Old 05-09-07 | 07:08 PM
celica2nv
Rookie

i still disagree...i have been driving on a spare for 4 days 50+ miles a day....how in the world can they not get a tire....no tire dealers in the area have the tire either...i called and they called and still nobody has it....what am i suppose to do to get to work am i suppose to keep driving on the spare for the next week hoping the tire comes in.....its not the service department so much as lexus for not having the tire on the EAST COAST!!!!!!! according to the service manager that is what he was told. That is why they would not have the tire for up to 5 days! Driving 300+ miles on a spare in my opinion is outrageous. Why not give me a loaner...they told me in would be fixed today DEFINATELY and is not only not fixed but wont be for a week if i am lucky. They have no clue when it will be here. Even the manager said it was poor planning on LExus's part. How far are you allowed to go on spares? The service manager told me i was already pushing the limit since i already put 200+ on it already. I think that is what really got me is that spares are not that safe and can go after a few hundred miles and by this weekend i would have put on 500+ miles on it. I think the loaner was just fine. TOYOTA always did this for me when i had a problem. ^^^^^ Man i just did a lot of babblin lol! Can you still tell i am heated? lol
Old 05-09-07 | 07:14 PM
neil0311
Rookie

You're waaaaay out of line. They might sell you a RENTAL, but they are under no obligation to provide you a free loaner. Road hazzard is not covered by any factory warranty. What they did already is above and beyond.

BTW, how many reputable tire stores did you pass on the way to the dealer? How many did you call to see if they had your tire?
Old 05-09-07 | 07:30 PM
celica2nv
Rookie

i called 5 personally....they called a crap load...i was in his office with him...everyone said i cant get it in until next week the earliest. I dont understand....what is so bad about giving me a loaner for one night. I paid 40 K for better service then i had at toyota. Toyota always gave me a loaner..even for an oil change. If they didnt have a loaner they paid for a rental for serious issues. My mom has a cadillac and my dad a mercedes...both have loaners all the time for stupid stuff. My mom actualyl has a rental today payed for by cadillac. I dont have the loaner all week. Just for one day. I had no way of getting home from lexus. If they have a loaner to give to drive home and back in the morning big deal. HERE IS THE KICKER>>>The service manager 100% agreed with me...i didnt argue with him one bit. I said " what happens when the spare blows out on me? im screwed. I could be driving on this thing for a week. can you take a tire off a car that has been sitting on your lot? They said lets ask the GM. He said not a problem. Yes i agree that they did help me out by taking it off the car on the lot....but i didnt appreciate them telling me to drive on a spare that i was going to put 500+ miles on in the next few days. Dont tell me my car is going to be DEFINATELY fixed and then tell me sorry its not going to be for at least a week. BMW,Mercedes, and Cadillac, even my bros HONDA dealer give loaners for stupid things cause they want to make their customers happy. it baffles me how nobody else agrees.
Old 05-09-07 | 07:40 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by celica2nv
it baffles me how nobody else agrees.
Maybe it is because you are wrong in your assumptions that Lexus owes you a loaner car for everything that might happen to your car. Yes, your spare could blow out by overuse, but that is not Lexus' problem. That's a road hazard you had, and not covered by Lexus' warranty. They aren't responsible for the tires in the secondary market. If you were going to put that many miles on the spare you could have rented a replacement vehicle yourself, just to be safe. But not at Lexus' expense.

Quick Reply: flat tire service part2