IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

random people wanting to race me

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-07 | 11:04 AM
Technique
Lexus Champion
CL Folding 500000

Originally Posted by stkiss
i would really like to know if our 350s can own BMW's 335i... don't have a chance to try one yet.
I beat a convertible 335i yesterday... Had dealer plates on it and 2 guys in the car, so not really a fair fight since they had the extra weight of the convertible and +1 person... Still, it felt good
Old 05-10-07 | 11:07 AM
Technique
Lexus Champion
CL Folding 500000

Originally Posted by Jedidiah
Having owned an E46 M3, I will concede that it would probably could be a close race, depending on the drivers, conditions, etc... but if you put the same driver in the both cars, stock for stock the M3 will always come out on top.

Don't get me wrong, I love the new IS but its just the reality of the situation.
I agree... I owned an E46M3 also, although mine was SMG, so the driver of the cars wouldn't matter that much... The M3 will win pretty much everytime guaranteed... It's definitely faster than the IS350... Not by much, but it will win everytime... Probably 2 car lengths in the quarter mile... Just a guess...

I wish the IS350 had the launch control my M3 had, that was pretty cool... And I heard the european M3 is able to launch from an even higher RPM...

Anyway, I can't wait to watch an IS-F vs 2008 M3... That will be a fun race...
Old 05-10-07 | 11:16 AM
t.is350.h
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Technique
I beat a convertible 335i yesterday... Had dealer plates on it and 2 guys in the car, so not really a fair fight since they had the extra weight of the convertible and +1 person... Still, it felt good
I think it's still fair, because they already loose the roof weight already...
Old 05-10-07 | 11:34 AM
is250rulez
Rookie

Originally Posted by arpan176
i'm curious if anyone else has had this happen to them. i've had the car for about 2 months now, and about 6 or 7 times i'll have some random person rev his engine, give me look, yell at me, speed up, whatever, indicating he wants to race me. usually its at night, but has happened at various times of day, usually in the suburbs, with bimmers, a accord, impala, some pontiac, wrx, etc. i have a awd, so usually i hit the ECT power and let it go, sometimes adding paddle shifters for fun. it's just really interesting....

i
If they yelled at you, Give them the middle finger.
Old 05-10-07 | 11:35 AM
nabbun
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by t.is350.h
I think it's still fair, because they already loose the roof weight already...
convertibles weigh more than their coupe counterparts.

plus they lose some of their structural rigidity

Yo Sonny! is that a house for your cars? lol

damn nice garage man

about the racing, no1 has wanted to race yet.

only had the car for about a month.

everybody in the ny/nj area has an IS 250 awd so
people think IS 350 doesn't exist!

They think you're talking about an ES 350!!!

Last edited by nabbun; 05-10-07 at 11:40 AM.
Old 05-10-07 | 11:39 AM
Bigrahizzl
Lexus Champion

I'll race you
ok no prob with me where do u wanna meet up???
Old 05-10-07 | 11:56 AM
Technique
Lexus Champion
CL Folding 500000

Originally Posted by Bigrahizzl
ok no prob with me where do u wanna meet up???
I'm gonna post in the NELOC forum soon about a dyno day... I am thinking we will do June 8th or 9th... I am friends with a bunch of the BMW guys on dtmpower and we setup midnight dyno runs at ISP in Maryland... There are definitely some good roads for racing around there, so we can do it that night (Although I live in DC and am in the No VA area all the time so we can meet up almost anytime)... I'm going to do a dyno-run to see if my car gained any HP during "break-in"... I dyno'ed my car with less than 1000 miles on the odo, and now that I am past 5000, I am going to dyno again to see if there is any truth to the belief that cars get more powerful after "full break-in"...

Anyway, Stock IS350 vs Stock IS350 "should" be a close race... Unless one of us weighs like 100lbs more than the other
Old 05-10-07 | 12:03 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Originally Posted by Kipperm13
Well about a year ago was my last person who wanted to race. Now that in NY/NJ everyone and the grandmother has an is250 awd. I think people see it as a slower car. Not knowing I am rolling in a 350, and would leave them thinking that I must have a ton of mods. I wish i could make the is350 get bigger or stand our more with arrows pointing to it when i am passing them. LOL

PS I am not hating you CL 250 owners.
slap the 250 badge in your car and make it a sleeper!
Old 05-10-07 | 12:32 PM
Katin2
Lead Lap

I raced an audi S4 a while back and was able to keep ahead until we pulled into 100 + or so then we evened up and he had a nose length on me
Old 05-10-07 | 12:35 PM
arpan176
Rookie

Talking

Originally Posted by E-Z ES300
LOL, you live in illinois, if your somewhere in the suburbs and chicago, i have probally even tried to race you!!
lake shore drive at midnight
Old 05-10-07 | 01:14 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

I'm gonna post in the NELOC forum soon about a dyno day... I am thinking we will do June 8th or 9th... I am friends with a bunch of the BMW guys on dtmpower and we setup midnight dyno runs at ISP in Maryland... There are definitely some good roads for racing around there, so we can do it that night (Although I live in DC and am in the No VA area all the time so we can meet up almost anytime)... I'm going to do a dyno-run to see if my car gained any HP during "break-in"... I dyno'ed my car with less than 1000 miles on the odo, and now that I am past 5000, I am going to dyno again to see if there is any truth to the belief that cars get more powerful after "full break-in"...

Anyway, Stock IS350 vs Stock IS350 "should" be a close race... Unless one of us weighs like 100lbs more than the other
Stock 350 vs stock 350? HA HA thats funny! Pointless, but still funny, let us know how that turns out! Oh an what are you guys gonna do if one always wins? How will you work that out? lol
Old 05-10-07 | 01:26 PM
Kipperm13
Driver

Originally Posted by kickin8
slap the 250 badge in your car and make it a sleeper!
Thats a great idea. lol
Old 05-10-07 | 01:29 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Katin2
I raced an audi S4 a while back and was able to keep ahead until we pulled into 100 + or so then we evened up and he had a nose length on me
I had the opportunity to race a new S4 a few months back at the 1/4mile and he got me off the line, but I eventually passed him just past the 1/8mile marker and took the win. I was so happy!

Later he parked fairly close to me as I had my hood open to let the engine cool a bit between runs. I saw him peeping my car out to see what all I had done. At the time I only had the JOEZ pipe. As he was walking around and finally walked away from the car he looked like this
Old 05-10-07 | 02:51 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ben_r_
Stock 350 vs stock 350? HA HA thats funny! Pointless, but still funny, let us know how that turns out! Oh an what are you guys gonna do if one always wins? How will you work that out? lol
hahah I actually have done this race about 3 x's. All at the drag strip. I did it with 07txlex and basically whoever got the better start won. yeah i know go figure. I also raced gernby in the 1/4 mile at ennis, and it was neck and neck up till about the 1/8th and he started to pull. I don't mind though since he has the fastest known 1/4 in a 350.
Old 05-10-07 | 03:16 PM
Bigrahizzl
Lexus Champion

That sounds great man. just add me to your freinds and just let me know things alright. And i live on the border of Lorton and Alexandria so if you want we can meet up just let me knoww. And with me, i only have about 1064 and i havent dunoed it yet maybe i can come and get dynoed. And about the weight, im about 240lbs so i think youll have an advantage over me but well see man. and one more thing i have mo experience racing like on a race track, cuz i only do street races once and a while and that was when i had my HEMI powered Dodge Durango. Havent had any races yet with the IS thou

Quick Reply: random people wanting to race me