IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

IS350 or TL-S Aspec ??

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-07, 04:21 PM
CoasterG
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tmf2004
When do you think Acura will revise the TL.. Should be soon since there already going on 5 years with the same car..
I wouldn't be surprised to see a 2009 or 2010 model year change (so late 2008 or 2009). The only reason I think 2010 instead of 2009 is that there haven't been magazine rumblings that I've noticed for TL prototypes plus they need to have the Type S out for a year or two more before switching up. I think the previous TL model had the Type S for 2 years before the update.
Old 05-12-07, 07:41 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by CoasterG
I wouldn't be surprised to see a 2009 or 2010 model year change (so late 2008 or 2009). The only reason I think 2010 instead of 2009 is that there haven't been magazine rumblings that I've noticed for TL prototypes plus they need to have the Type S out for a year or two more before switching up. I think the previous TL model had the Type S for 2 years before the update.
should be interesting to see what will happen next year.. I'm sure in 2008 they will be spy shots floating around for a 2009 or 2010 model..

Like i said ear;ier a turbo 300HP TL would be nice..
Old 05-12-07, 09:52 PM
gshb
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think the TLS looks really nice with those quad exhuast and new tail lights. i would ditch the rims of course (acura stole them off a C5 z06) and put on the A-spec 19" rims. that would look awesome in any color. as for driving, yes even though its FWD it drives as if it were RWD. stock suspension setup is better than the IS. car is a rattlebox though.

on the other hand the IS has a modern, fresh interior/exterior with more options and better paints. its RWD with over 300hp. suspension can be upgraded with coilovers. and you sure the TLS stickers for 46k? thats crazy expensive. a base IS350 is over 10K cheaper! damn for 46k i would look at a well optioned 335i coupe, fully loaded IS350, or fully loaded (including 4WAS) G35x.
Old 05-12-07, 10:21 PM
pisaykotik
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by gshb
i think the TLS looks really nice with those quad exhuast and new tail lights. i would ditch the rims of course (acura stole them off a C5 z06) and put on the A-spec 19" rims.
Aren't the A-Spec rims 18"?
Old 05-12-07, 11:38 PM
duckduck
Pole Position

I would love to see the future TL have the SH-AWD in their RL. It would trump the RWD IMO.
Old 05-13-07, 12:30 AM
MoLexus
Lexus Test Driver

[QUOTE=tcho82;2618514]
Originally Posted by MoLexus

Maybe it depends on where you are located. Most if not all of the Acura dealerships around the Chicago land area went through major overhauls in the last 4-5 years. Granite floors, marble bathrooms, customer internet centers, free bottled water, pop, and a free starbucks machine. Plasma TV's etc... They actually feel pretty similar to Lexus dealerships in the area. But just not QUITE as nice. Some Lexus dealerships almost feel lavish. But I say almost, because they still aren't over the top.

Although I like my free breakfast and carwashes from Lexus. While I normally hand wash my car, there are times when all of us get lazy.
Yea, Acura is no where near the description you listed above. Well we do have Marble floors, two vending machines, one coffee vending machine, and motion detecting toilets. They have a bulky big screen and you can rent out portable DVD players. The Lexus dealership feels more homie with there nice chairs and mellow athmosphere but there free washes are terrible.
Old 05-13-07, 12:43 AM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 733 Likes on 505 Posts

Originally Posted by duckduck
I would love to see the future TL have the SH-AWD in their RL. It would trump the RWD IMO.
Acura needs to find a way to stop the SH-AWD from sucking so much power though. Even though the RL has the same engine, it feels a lot more sluggish, albeit it weighs more.

I just came back from test driving the TL-S for a second time and to be honest, I was not as impressed as I was the first time. The seats were for some reason a lot softer, as if they came out of a regular TL. Also, when the car is under 4k, it drives just like a Honda, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I'm coming off of a 2000 Honda Accord (yes it's finally time to upgrade) and I was surprised to find that the TL-S drives exactly like it in everyday traffic.

I understand that Honda/Acura are the same manufacturer, but for a 2007 model to drive suspiciously like a 2000 v6 model is quite suspect. The only differences it seems were the navi and the sound proofing in the cabin. I must admit though when the TL-S gets past 4k it screams like a demon and the engine note is absolutely wonderful, but who drives like that on a normal basis?
Old 05-15-07, 01:08 PM
iobidder
Pole Position

[QUOTE=MoLexus;2618326]
Originally Posted by tcho82

I'm not knocking Acura down at all. I love the TSX, TL, RL, and New MDX it's just when you walk into there dealership it really doesn't feel luxurious at all. I bought my sister a TSX not to long ago and I felt like I was at a Honda dealership. Please don't get me wrong I love Honda/Acura since the 2000 Electron Blue Civic Si, its just they need to update there image. Believe me I'm really hoping they get in the game.
That is because it is a Honda Dealer. It must be where you live because the Acura dealerships look pretty damn good to me. It must be me because I do not think there is something wrong with Honda's image, and believe me, they are in the game, they have been in it long before Toyota.

Originally Posted by IS_Mine
I think if the TL Type S got a revamp and turned out to be RWD that'd be great.

Totally off topic but what I'd like to see is Acura have a RWD sports car like the S2000, RSX, or Integra.. that has a turbo in it, you know.. maybe about 250 horses to play with the Sky/Solstice GXP. That would be PERFECT for them and really the Japanese market in general.

Actually any Japanese brand.. Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Mitsubishi, Subaru.. we need a fun toy like that. I know I'd be interested if something came from the factory with a mean little engine and turbo in it.
I am waiting for the 2.3L K series Turbo from the RDX to be the next hot motor swap into Honda's. That should be interesting.

Originally Posted by Slick350
Yea from a dig up till towards the end of 3rd gear its a drivers race then the 335i will start to pull...And Yes you can "feel the road" in the 335 basically all bmw's for that matter which does make the car drive better its not an illusion.....lol...., the car handles amazing, and its very rigid, just as an awesome solid feel that my lexus lacks.
335i has a lot of get up and go feel, and to me much over the M3, the car is quick! However, make sure you get the maintenance package with BMW because it will be a sure thing that the car will spend some time in the shop.

Originally Posted by pisaykotik
Aren't the A-Spec rims 18"?
Correct, and the TSX are 17's

Originally Posted by nataSdroL
Acura needs to find a way to stop the SH-AWD from sucking so much power though. Even though the RL has the same engine, it feels a lot more sluggish, albeit it weighs more.

I just came back from test driving the TL-S for a second time and to be honest, I was not as impressed as I was the first time. The seats were for some reason a lot softer, as if they came out of a regular TL. Also, when the car is under 4k, it drives just like a Honda, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I'm coming off of a 2000 Honda Accord (yes it's finally time to upgrade) and I was surprised to find that the TL-S drives exactly like it in everyday traffic.

I understand that Honda/Acura are the same manufacturer, but for a 2007 model to drive suspiciously like a 2000 v6 model is quite suspect. The only differences it seems were the navi and the sound proofing in the cabin. I must admit though when the TL-S gets past 4k it screams like a demon and the engine note is absolutely wonderful, but who drives like that on a normal basis?
I drove the RL, and found to be sluggish as well. But when you get moving, that car hauls ***! The TL-S screams when you punch it!