IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

5k service coming up...do i get a loaner?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-07, 08:17 AM
is250gurl
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 5k service coming up...do i get a loaner?

just wondering if i will get one or need to make other arrangements.
Old 05-11-07, 08:25 AM
supaIS350
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Depends on the dealership. Call to make an appointment and ask for one. You have to reserve a loaner at most dealership so they get booked up quickly. I usually ask for an appointment when a loaner is available.
Old 05-11-07, 09:50 AM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

5,000 service is basically an oil/filter change, and a visual check. You should be in and out within 90 minutes if you have made an appointment. Do you really need a loaner? Take a break, surf the net, and have a muffin while you wait.
Old 05-11-07, 09:57 AM
is250gurl
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

why 90 mins. for that??? seems too long to me. i thought i would go before work and then take the loaner to get to work.
Old 05-11-07, 10:06 AM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by is250gurl
why 90 mins. for that??? seems too long to me. i thought i would go before work and then take the loaner to get to work.
Because that's what I would budget based on experience. If you are first in line you might be out in 30-45 minutes or so, but when you roll into the dealership first thing in the morning there are lots of cars being dropped off and picked up. It's not run like a Quickie oil change place where your car rolls in and they jump on it immediately. If you need a loaner ask them, but I don't think they normally would give a loaner for the first service since it is free anyway. Sometimes you can get them to run you over to your place of business. Just ask what their policy is, but grab a muffin before you leave.
Old 05-11-07, 10:09 AM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man... Ive waited 90 minutes for a courtesy wash from lexus! Everything you have them do takes an hour at least! I know my dealer always offers me a loaner. I got in good with the shop foreman, so hes always making sure Im taken care of. But I think there its standard to just ask if the customer wants a loaner. Better service that way I think.
Old 05-11-07, 10:56 AM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I know Evitzee is partial to muffins, but from what I've heard the fresh baked cookies are the bomb...
Old 05-11-07, 10:59 AM
is250rulez
Rookie

just wondering if i will get one or need to make other arrangements.
I got my 5K done two days ago. You can only get loaner if it will take more than 2 hours. If u really want to get the loaner, u can say that please check my rattle too and im sure they will give u the loaner. Last time, I just only asked them to reset my tired sensor and I also told them to check the rattle and they gave me the loaner rite away which I didn't expect. Just my 2 cents.

Lov y'all.
Old 05-11-07, 11:15 AM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

it depends on the dealer. at glendale, the appt lady told me no loaner cuz it was a complimentary service. but when i brought it in the service guy asked me if i wanted one. i had already planned to stay so i declined the offer. at my 10k mile service (i got free oil changes) the service guy told me no loaner for just the oil change. i only get one if i pay extra for them to change out some filters and get this... rotate my tires hahah. i declined the extras and just waited for my oil change. i wonder if i'll get one for my 15k service that's coming up in a few weeks... but this time i'm getting my brakes tsb done too. we'll see i guess...
Old 05-11-07, 11:17 AM
lexuslovah
Driver School Candidate

The Lexus Dealership here has a Virtual Golf room! So thats what Im going to be doing to kill some time when i get my 5k service soon.
Old 05-11-07, 11:27 AM
supaIS350
Lead Lap

I got a loaner for my complimentary service. My dealership gives a loaner for anything even an oil change. You just have to reserve it when making the appointment. If you ask for a loaner on the service day, most probably they will be all out. The service guy once told me that it takes about a week to reserve one. 90 minutes is too long to wait. I always drop my car off in the morning before work, take the loaner to work then come back at 5pm to pick it up. Convenient. This is the only reason I keep coming back for oil changes.
Old 05-11-07, 01:55 PM
bishop555
Driver School Candidate

It will just depend on the dealer, untill recently i got a loaner car for any reason. Now only magor services or anything past 2 hours
Old 05-11-07, 02:15 PM
IS_Mine
Lexus Test Driver

I got one.
Old 05-11-07, 02:29 PM
socalJD
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by IS_Mine
I got one.
Oh sure, but you're a girl . . .

I'm a DIYer, but since the 5k service was gratis, I took it in and had a few of the LPS changed at the same time. It does take all of 90 mins, and I took it in 1st thing on a wednesday morning. Since this was the only time I plan on visiting my dealer for service, I chose to wait and enjoy the Lexus experience. Enjoyed the complimentary danish & expresso, went outside and looked at the new car inventory, shot the breeze with the service writers - time flies by when you're not in the office . . .
Old 05-11-07, 03:58 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by ULTiMaX99
it depends on the dealer. at glendale, the appt lady told me no loaner cuz it was a complimentary service. but when i brought it in the service guy asked me if i wanted one. i had already planned to stay so i declined the offer. at my 10k mile service (i got free oil changes) the service guy told me no loaner for just the oil change. i only get one if i pay extra for them to change out some filters and get this... rotate my tires hahah. i declined the extras and just waited for my oil change. i wonder if i'll get one for my 15k service that's coming up in a few weeks... but this time i'm getting my brakes tsb done too. we'll see i guess...
sure....rotate your stagerred tires and get messed up and they will buy you a brand new car!

Quick Reply: 5k service coming up...do i get a loaner?