IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Do you ever just...

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-07, 07:34 PM
IS_Mine
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do you ever just...

have to be rude to someone while driving?

Such as!!!! I had some kid in a pontiac tailing me on the way home, we were cruising along HWY 53, and there he is riding my bumper!

I really hate that! I'm in the right lane for a reason.. I just want to cruise! So I did quite the immature thing and did a MASSIVE brake check. Yes, it was immature, yes it was dangerous.. but he SOOO deserved it. All I saw was the front end of what I assumed to be a Grand Am dive down. Yeah this was from like 65 to like 50. Anyway, he goes around me and I notice that once he gets in front of me.. he flips me off! I see it in his rear view mirror. The nerve!!

So, since it was near dusk and fairly dark.. know what I did? I got right behind him in his little v-6 grand am turned on my brights.. and let me tell you our brights.. are BRIGHT! If he was pissed before he was really pissed now because my headlights lit everything up in his car! Yes I know.. this was incredibly immature but he started it! It was so bad that he had to lower his rear view mirror and change his side mirror. The best part is when he tried to pull away.. well, I just didn't let him. I turned my high beams off, merged into traffic and got right behind him and continued to make his drive uncomfortable, the HWY went from a two lane to a single lane so this made it even more fun. I don't think he'll ever tail an IS again.

So I realize I'm going to get flamed for pulling a dangerous stunt like that but I KNOW some of you have tortured people before for just being obnoxious on the road.
Old 05-11-07, 07:36 PM
Hartawan
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do it only when it is necessary, but I would have let him go infront of me instead of brake checking then tail on his ***.

And it also depends on my mood. When i'm chill, ill let it go. When im pissed, dude good luck to you.
Old 05-11-07, 07:38 PM
Zephyr
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by IS_Mine
Yes I know.. this was incredibly immature but he started it!
That actually made me chuckle a bit haha

There seems to be a lot of bad drivers lately, maybe it's the heat, or maybe there just a flux of drivers on the road these days. When stuff like that happens I just try to ignore them and not throw fuel into the fire since I have a vanity plate.
Old 05-11-07, 07:39 PM
Kipperm13
Driver

HAHAHA nice i like how you keep saying immature and dangerous which that was but something i would have done and enjoyable at the same time.. I LOVE IT
Old 05-11-07, 07:40 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

I would have liked to do it, but you see I am SO UBER paranoid of rock chips that I could never tail gate someone for fear their crappy car would send a rock at mine. Also if they brake check you and you dont react fast enough you could crash... And then I would be really pissed at myself.
Old 05-11-07, 07:40 PM
andone
Lead Lap

I would probable do the same thing as well.
Old 05-11-07, 07:41 PM
2slow
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

GOODJOB! i woulda thrown sumthin at him, but im only 19. most of you "adults" woulda done the adult thing. =D
Old 05-11-07, 07:44 PM
100plus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

very very immature and dangerous my friend... but you did the right thing !
yeah i dont like how some people do that. Its like they want to show you up. anyway next time try to not have him dip a car into your rear end . it would be a horrid sight to see a IS getting it from behind from some cheap car.
Old 05-11-07, 07:49 PM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

I like to play a different game, I just slow down......a lot!!! LOL They hate that so bad, its almost like doing the "Killing them with kindness" thing.
Old 05-11-07, 07:51 PM
LuxLivinIS
Driver School Candidate

My father and I just had a big argument about how to drive. but it was a little different. My father was in the left lane and someone tried to shoot around him b/c he was going to slow(he was still doing 5 over) which when the guy made his move my father began to speed up to cut him off from doing it. I was trying to state that he should just stay in the right lane even if he is doing over the speed limit he might not be going as fast as someone esle would like to go. but he states "F them they can go round but not like the way he(other driver) tried to do" which to me if everyone says F them, is why we have so many problems out on the road b/c of the fact that no one it being conciderit. everyone doing there own thing and saying F them when presented with a stituation.

But on the other note I know where your coming from too b/c your in the right hand lane just cruzin and you still have someone on your *** when there is more road out there for them to be on. depending on how bad they were tailing me i'd do the same
Old 05-11-07, 08:04 PM
1022it
Pole Position

Wink

Originally Posted by iSuxeL
I like to play a different game, I just slow down......a lot!!! LOL They hate that so bad, its almost like doing the "Killing them with kindness" thing.
me too, i just coast until they get the point. they will either go around me, or back off my tail. slowing down is simple and usually just confuses the person until you downshift, floor it and make the ample space for your tail after slowing.

i have seen some really serious road rage incidents, and don't provoke any situation that dramatically.

also, slowing down keeps me from thinking the guy is going to pass me and throw up a gun instead of just the finger.
Old 05-11-07, 08:07 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

True story,

I almost got shot doing that.

Be careful next time.

Btw, I live in Oakland/Richmond area.
Old 05-11-07, 08:12 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Do you ever just...

want to kick someones a$$ for not putting in a descriptive title?

All the time!
Old 05-11-07, 08:17 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

It might make you feel good, but never underestimate how they can turn the tables on you. All of a sudden you are the one on the receiving end. Not pleasant.
Old 05-11-07, 08:26 PM
TheLexSter
Rookie

I agree they should not tail... I agree they should have things done to them... I've done it, but not any more.. ie; slam on the brakes and sign language ... One time a I ended up in a high speed chase .. I'm in a 69 olds cutlass, he's in a 73 mustang convertible... Same thing, I tapped my brakes when he was on my tail and I was in the right lane next thing I know is this clown is chasing me doing and were a little over a hundred on the highway..... he rips his shirt off, starts pounding on his chest like tarzan..lol
I start laughing so hard the jerk tried to ram me.. He missed and ran right into a ditch
That was 20 yrs ago and after that I decided when people tail me.. If I am in a left lane, I move over asap... If im in the right lane... I always slow down and do the limit... no more, no less.... that gets them pissed the polite way

Quick Reply: Do you ever just...