istundra
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

no. black all the way. 100% black!
Old 05-12-07, 11:14 PM
mlee21
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you get that combo, good luck keeping it clean.
IMO, black exterior is the hardest to clean and cashmere is the hardest interior color to keep clean.
Old 05-12-07, 11:15 PM
DRivera250
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i was looking at cars at the dealership today and black with cashmere just looks wrong
Old 05-12-07, 11:26 PM
cspec
Lexus Champion

I actually like it. I think it gives it kind of an exotic look.
Old 05-13-07, 01:32 AM
ldc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

I recon Beige would look better with black

Cashmere would suit silver.

Old 05-13-07, 02:59 AM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I personally don't like black interiors
Old 05-13-07, 03:17 AM
ldc
Lexus Test Driver

I had a loaner not too long ago and it had black interior. Remined me of the blandness and rubberness that exists in the 3 series.

I feel alot of the luxury feel and looks are hidden with black, but black is best when it comes to hiding dirt and stain so...
Old 05-13-07, 03:42 AM
warrionex
Lead Lap

I like this color!
Attached Thumbnails black exterior and cashmere interior-final.jpg  
Old 05-13-07, 04:10 AM
freddymoo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ldc
I recon Beige would look better with black

Cashmere would suit silver.

isn't cashmere and beige the same color?
Old 05-13-07, 04:16 AM
ldc
Lexus Test Driver

The other color that matches black is dark red/burgundy...like the ones on BMWs and the other cars...

Attached Thumbnails black exterior and cashmere interior-final.jpg  
Old 05-13-07, 04:18 AM
warrionex
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by freddymoo
isn't cashmere and beige the same color?
Yes ! The official name is Cashmere. I added cashmere to the list below.

Beige
From Jacci Howard Bear,

Dependable and Flexible: Beige is a chameleon, taking on some of the attributes of stronger warm or cool colors it accompanies. On its own, the color beige is a calm neutral background.

Nature of Beige: Beige is a neutral color with a bit of the warmth of brown and the crisp, coolness of white. It is sometimes seen as dull and boring unless coupled with other colors. It can be a relaxing color for a room.

Culture of Beige: Beige has traditionally been seen as a conservative, background color. In some cultures, beige garments might symbolize piety or simplicity. Traditional Saudi Arabia dress include a flowing floor-length outer cloak (bisht) made of wool or camel hair in black, beige, brown or cream tones.

Using Beige
: Use the color beige to provide a calm, relaxing background. Small doses of beige might be added to separate two dark colors to help each stand out.

Using Beige with Other Colors: Beige can take on some of the attributes of yellow or pink when touched with those shades. Try purple and pink with beige for a conservative but feminine look. Beige with greens, browns, and orange can create an earthy palette. Black lends a touch of strength and sophistication to beige. A touch of beige warms up a palette of cool blues without overpowering them.

Beige Color Palettes
: These color palettes feature shades of brown, including beige combined with other neutrals as well as red, orange, green, and pink.

Beige Words: These words are synonymous with beige or represent various shades of the color beige.

Buff, camel, oatmeal, tan, sand, biscuit, cream, ecru, mushroom and cashmere.
Old 05-13-07, 04:26 AM
freddymoo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ldc
The other color that matches black is dark red/burgundy...like the ones on BMWs and the other cars...

yeah, too bad lexus don't build them with red interior....

i think black/red is a perfect combo...for me that is.

anyone with a black ext. ever paint the wheels red? just a thought?
Old 05-13-07, 04:43 AM
warrionex
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by freddymoo
yeah, too bad lexus don't build them with red interior....
i think black/red is a perfect combo...for me that is. Anyone with a black ext. ever paint the wheels red? just a thought?

Color Meaning

Red

Red is the color of fire and blood, so it is associated with energy, war, danger, strength, power, determination as well as passion, desire, and love.

Red is a very emotionally intense color. It enhances human metabolism, increases respiration rate, and raises blood pressure. It has very high visibility, which is why stop signs, stoplights, and fire equipment are usually painted red. In heraldry, red is used to indicate courage. It is a color found in many national flags.

Red brings text and images to the foreground. Use it as an accent color to stimulate people to make quick decisions; it is a perfect color for 'Buy Now' or 'Click Here' buttons on Internet banners and websites. In advertising, red is often used to evoke erotic feelings (red lips, red nails, red-light districts, 'Lady in Red', etc). Red is widely used to indicate danger (high voltage signs, traffic lights). This color is also commonly associated with energy, so you can use it when promoting energy drinks, games, cars, items related to sports and high physical activity.

Light red represents joy, sexuality, passion, sensitivity, and love.
Pink signifies romance, love, and friendship. It denotes feminine qualities and passiveness.
Dark red is associated with vigor, willpower, rage, anger, leadership, courage, longing, malice, and wrath.
Brown suggests stability and denotes masculine qualities.
Reddish-brown is associated with harvest and fall.

Black

Black is associated with power, elegance, formality, death, evil, and mystery.

Black is a mysterious color associated with fear and the unknown (black holes). It usually has a negative connotation (blacklist, black humor, 'black death'). Black denotes strength and authority; it is considered to be a very formal, elegant, and prestigious color (black tie, black Mercedes). In heraldry, black is the symbol of grief.

Black gives the feeling of perspective and depth, but a black background diminishes readability. A black suit or dress can make you look thinner. When designing for a gallery of art or photography, you can use a black or gray background to make the other colors stand out. Black contrasts well with bright colors. Combined with red or orange – other very powerful colors – black gives a very aggressive color scheme.
Old 05-13-07, 10:33 AM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

I think black interior looks best on the IS because so much of it stays black no matter what color you get (like all the top of the dash).

Quick Reply: black exterior and cashmere interior